Spike760

Dir en grey

wtf is going on in this thread?

fanbase has gone catatonic.

Someone plz sned halp

or a fucking single or SOMETHING. Throw us a bone so we have something to discuss. And no, those remakes don't count because they were almost straight re-recordings done on the cheap and the videos blew big hairy ones.

I mean, come on, it's been almost a year and a half since Utafumi.

Haven't seen them live in 3 years

We don't all live in Japan

gasping for air over here

i like... waiting

really

i do

Yeah, it has become quiet... my plug randomly messaged me after two months, only to tell me that they played Re:birth not four, but five times. Now he's quiet again and I don't even know when they played it the fifth time. Meh.

9 hours ago, Saishu said:

I’m still rockin’ Adoratio on the regular so whatever. 

sukekiyo is great but it's not Dir en grey.

9 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Yeah, it has become quiet... my plug randomly messaged me after two months, only to tell me that they played Re:birth not four, but five times. Now he's quiet again and I don't even know when they played it the fifth time. Meh.

What's Re:birth? A venue? A song?

33 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

GIMME GIMME GIMME

We can trade, if you have any terekos I don't have. :]

17 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Sounds like a troll to me. 

Why would I ruin my reputation for a troll, though? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here who has DEG terekos, so maybe others can confirm my words?

The song was known as 新曲2 on setlists, my plug said that Re:birth was used once in an interview, but I wasn't able to confirm it so far. According to someone from batsu, it was a fake title, though.

Edited by Seelentau

I had heard a different explanation for the meaning of [KR]cube, but I cannot find the page now. Basically, Kyo wanted to originally name the track "crazy crazy crazy" and the other band members (I think Kaoru) was like "no", so then he changed it to [KR]cube.  If I can find it again, I will post it here, but it's been a few years so no promises. It didn't seem to make much sense to me, and the "kururi" explanation is also a good one too.

Also, is Re:birth an old song or a new song? Title looks too visual kei to me monkaS

Just a few hours ago a few of us were posting non-DEG songs, so I thought you were still playing along. Especially since you just dropped the title out of the blue. 

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

I had heard a different explanation for the meaning of [KR]cube, but I cannot find the page now. Basically, Kyo wanted to originally name the track "crazy crazy crazy" and the other band members (I think Kaoru) was like "no", so then he changed it to [KR]cube.  If I can find it again, I will post it here, but it's been a few years so no promises. It didn't seem to make much sense to me, and the "kururi" explanation is also a good one too.

Also, is Re:birth an old song or a new song? Title looks too visual kei to me monkaS

At this point only a few things could be considered to be plausible here:

1) [KR]Cube obviously had a much simpler working title, which might have been mentioned in the song lyrics (Kururi being repeated along with other onomatopeias and so on). Knowing Diru, they never give working titles that are too far off from what the song holds within. "Third Time Does the Trick" as a case in point, which was the working title for "STUCK MAN".

This 2ch site says something about UROBOROS working titles, and apparently someone caught those titles from accommodating DVD?

http://mimizun.com/log/2ch/visualb/1227626553/

Glass skin→推定無罪
Stuck man→ピカソの遺言,Third time does the trick
Inconvenient ideal→審判の日
Bugaboo→色即是空

And based on https://2ch.vet/re_toro_visualb_1506827114_2_2000

(Is Dir en grey wikia a part of your doing @Seelentau? You seemed to notice these titles if it is yours),

1.囁きの名  -> SA BIR
2.ダブリンからの知らせ  -> VINUSHKA
3.悟 -> RED SOIL
4.Get away -> DOUKOKU TO SARINU
5.Rumours -> TOGURO
6.推定無罪 -> GLASS SKIN
7.ピカソの遺言(Third time does the trick)-> STUCK MAN
8.終幕砂と導く場所へ始まる夢(Thunder Mountain)-> REIKETSU NARISEBA
9.我、闇とて... -> WARE, YAMI TOTE...
10.BUGABOO -> BUGABOO
11.色即是空 -> GAIKA, CHINMOKU GA NEMURU KORO
12.DOZING GREEN -> DOZING GREEN (which was written around the time TMOAB was made)
13.審判の日 -> INCONVENIENT IDEAL

Even if some of these do sound kinda faux, my point still stands.

2) I have seen people calling this song "Kryptonite Cube" which makes even less sense even if "Kr" is indeed an abbreviation for this chemical element. There is no reference to cubes in the song either, so "Cube" might as well mean the power of three, or something that is threefold.

3) They needed a VK-sounding title anyway. They do love their special characters, brackets, apostrophes and that kind of formatting, right?

EDIT:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170916214928

They seem to be legit.

Edited by Alroy

Yes, the DEG wiki is my work. The concept titles can be found on various pictures and back in the day on their OHP blog, I think..

latest?cb=20170916214928

This one, for example.

Edit: Yes, that one xD

Edited by Seelentau

I actually gotta correct myself. They played 新曲2 (Re:birth) at least on five occassions:

No idea why my contact randomly told me that they played it five times, as if it was new information. He had even sent me the five terekos months earlier. But then again, his own setlist file has it wrong... ^^'

Edited by Seelentau

45 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

I actually gotta correct myself. They played 新曲2 (Re:birth) at least on five occassions:

No idea why my contact randomly told me that they played it five times, as if it was new information. He had even sent me the five terekos months earlier. But then again, his own setlist file has it wrong... ^^'

I'm so curious to know what this song sounds like you have no idea. It's not every day that I find out a band I've been following for ages has a song I've never heard. You said they were different lengths, so can you describe what the track sounds like and the differences between the versions?

It's probably not the only song by them that you've never heard.^^'

And I absolutely suck at describing music, sorry. I can't even read sheet notes. :D

But I will try (28.10.97 ver.) : It (always) starts slow and melodic (4x dun-dun-duun...), then picks up the pace with a simple drum pattern, then about 30 seconds into it, the actual song starts and after about 70 seconds, vocals begin. Basically, the song builds up until here and then becomes slow again.

After the first vocal part, it picks up the pace again, then repeats the slow part with the next vocal part, which is longer than the first one. At about 180 seconds in, it's really slow and only guitar is really playing, along with the drums. Then there's some kind of du-dun...du-dun...du-dun... (sounds like when they show sneaky steps in a cartoon, kinda), I think it's the bass? Then there's another guitar part, this time more up-beat and then there's vocals again. Kyo is singing really normal by the way, no screaming or crazy stuff, the lyrics are clear-cut into verses and if the quality was better, I could probably understand the lyrics, even.

So the song is mostly a little faster, but with breaks of slower melodies in-between. There are three or four times at the end of a longer note where Kyo and the music stops for a second, only to start again.

In total I would probably call it a ballad, but then again, I really have no clue about music. Oh and the longest versions are actually only 8 to 9 minutes long, it's just the whole file that's longer because my contact left in the part between songs (fangirls, MCs etc).

Edited by Seelentau

For that, I would have to know all the songs they never put to tape or disc. I remember listening to Ai Murasakiiro, an early version of CAGE and ZAN, and something else, but nothing quite like what you've described. I wonder why they decided to scrap the song (or maybe they reworked it into something else).

There's a spoken word version of Sangeki no Yoru, some covers (INSANITY, Shinainaru DEATHMASK, etc.), an unnamed vocal solo and a song with literally no information. Also, Setsuna changed a lot before it became UDaL. Oh and the name is Ranshishoku, not Ai Murasakiiro^^

Perhaps they also played other songs during the lives w/o terekos, but there's no way to know that.

And if you count the indies versions of all those songs as well, then there are two or more versions for each song^^