Spike760

Dir en grey

10 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

Say, what is the source of the sample in the Berry interlude? 

This has been speculated to be the Beckhams since years but I don't buy it

9 hours ago, shiyouka said:

I wonder if anyone out there ever compiled a list of songs DeG just WILL NEVER PLAY AGAIN and any speculation as to why (do they hate it? outgrew it? unpopular with fans?). 

I kinda did wish Garden would make an appearance on vestiges of scratches. ah well. another remaster for another time I suppose.

I really never thought they would ever do Jessica again. Thank god I was wrong about that. 

1 hour ago, Seimeisen said:

For me, I can't hear anything but "and in the sound of all the Chanseys"

1414011051686.gif

Edited by Mamo

On 12/01/2018 at 11:25 AM, Saishu said:

To this day these are the only lyrics I hear when Iisten to this song. 

oh god I saw this years ago and YES this is all I hear when I listen to this song too :tw_bawling:

On 12/01/2018 at 8:50 AM, Asakusa said:

This has been speculated to be the Beckhams since years but I don't buy it

I always thought the couple sounded Australian even though the kid sounded kinda British...

On 12/01/2018 at 8:43 AM, Seelentau said:

There's a live recording of Berry that was panned? o.ô

It was played during the mode of MACABRE tour, so you can expect it to show up on the DVD.

nice! thanks for telling me, I'll def look out for it 

EDIT: sorry for the post spam guys. I just realized you can multi quote on a forum :tw_expressionless: I got too used to reddit.

25 minutes ago, shiyouka said:

I always thought the couple sounded Australian even though the kid sounded kinda British...

and the dog, don't forget the dog

Wait wait wait... I refuse to believe more fans voted for Maggots over Ryoujoku no Ame... wtf. 

Still taking issue with Dozing Green’s placement. Closer to Marrow or whatever, but Clever Sleazoid is in the same situation. 

So I just got my physical copy today, and the list of mixing engineers is rather extensive. Unless they got all the original mixers to come back and remaster the tracks they did, my guess is that all of disc 3 is untouched, because Tue Madsen is listed for about 90% of those tracks, and they’re all the ones he did originally. I also recognize Jens Bogren’s name, and he mixed the Hageshisa single (including Zan). 

I think these mofos cut corners on that third disc. 

On 1/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, Saishu said:

I’m still waiting for my damn copy to arrive! I ordered CDJapan and went with airmail, so I know that takes longer. There’s no tracking either, so I’m just sitting here wondering and waiting. 

Ouch. I always do EMS otherwise I go crazy wondering lol

8 hours ago, Saishu said:

Wait wait wait... I refuse to believe more fans voted for Maggots over Ryoujoku no Ame... wtf. 

Still taking issue with Dozing Green’s placement. Closer to Marrow or whatever, but Clever Sleazoid is in the same situation.

Either the fans that actually voted have considerably poor taste, or the band threw out a few votes. I like both songs, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose 陵辱の雨.

I'm trying to remember why I didn't vote. Did I not know about it until after the polls closed? Did I just not give a shit? 'cause I'm really wishing I did vote. If I did, I'd have more of a right to bitch about the song selection.

DOZING GREEN and CLEVER SLEAZOID should have swapped places on the tracklist. Not only is it more chronological (especially since SLEAZOID is the single version, released 6 months after Wtd.), but it flows better. I mean, not that tracklist flow mattered in the slightest here... I'm done ranting for the 432,000th time. Disc 3 is a joke. I'm shutting up now.

14 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Can you give me any other information useful for discogs/the DEG wiki? Like lyrics etc?

And documentary rip when? :3

Whatever info you need just let me know. 

As for ripping the documentary, considering you’re looking at the guy that was the source of the Uroboros leak and I was paranoid afterwards for months, it’s not likely. Sorry. 

Hoping someone else ups it with subtitles. The band is sitting there watching old clips of themselves and commenting, and I want to know what they’re saying. 

6 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

Either the fans that actually voted have considerably poor taste, or the band threw out a few votes. I like both songs, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose 陵辱の雨.

I'm trying to remember why I didn't vote. Did I not know about it until after the polls closed? Did I just not give a shit? 'cause I'm really wishing I did vote. If I did, I'd have more of a right to bitch about the song selection.

DOZING GREEN and CLEVER SLEAZOID should have swapped places on the tracklist. Not only is it more chronological (especially since SLEAZOID is the single version, released 6 months after Wtd.), but it flows better. I mean, not that tracklist flow mattered in the slightest here... I'm done ranting for the 432,000th time. Disc 3 is a joke. I'm shutting up now.

I’m interested in how the voting/selection process went, because really some of this stuff is so predictable it’s shocking. I mean practically all the Gauze singles? Filth, Mushi, and Jessica were all they wanted to represent Kisou? We couldn’t get some deeper cuts from DSS like Dreambox or Ruten no Tou?

And Ash belongs on here, as does any version of Undecided. 

Also let me talk about the PVs for a minute: they suck. Each one is the band playing in some nondescript room, with Fukai taking place in what looks like an abandoned slaughterhouse with all the hanging plastic strips. Clearly very little expense and effort was made here, despite Kaoru hilariously hamming it up for IIID Empire. 

But yo, the package itself is artistry. DEG never fails at that (except for Sustain the Untruth’s cover... also maybe Glass Skin depending on your mood. But just... I’m tired of the dark grey scale text on black backgrounds. Let me read your shit, dawgs. 

29 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Whatever info you need just let me know. 

As for ripping the documentary, considering you’re looking at the guy that was the source of the Uroboros leak and I was paranoid afterwards for months, it’s not likely. Sorry. 

Hoping someone else ups it with subtitles. The band is sitting there watching old clips of themselves and commenting, and I want to know what they’re saying. 

Well basically the entire booklet, IFPI numbers, CD matrix etc xD

But I'd be okay with just any new lyrics, too. :) my wiki > discogs

And I have no idea about any Uroboros leak, I haven't been into DEG at that time.^^

I need your help, guys :D

1) What is the most awesome live rendition of THE IIID EMPIRE for you?

(this was the one closing the it withers and withers DVD for me but now I think it's the one from the MODE OF... VULGAR with the new intro. The discharge of energy has a lot to do in that song played live for me at least)

2) Is there some full footage from the first time that DEG did an overseas tour besides the one included in the bootleged a knot only?

(not shanghai, hopefuly the one that's being talked in one hairo no ginka where kyo is pissed and the band almost went to hell (disband))

Thanks in advance

Edited by Asakusa

Just listened to the new .. "album" .. i guess. That shit made my head hurt a lot. I mean... if you wanna cash cow the shit out of this band, at least give them something listenable.. those remasters are of the worst kind I ever heard... and OH Yeah, this is like the first time I listened to the remake of a remake of a song, or even the remake of a pre-remake. Awesome right? My ears are puking but oh well .. some die hard fans will come all over this just because there's DIR EN GREY on it.

At least they kept the cover authentic. This really sounds like a CD with ALOT of scratches.

I'm out. VOS sucks. 0 points.