Spike760

Dir en grey

On 12/19/2017 at 4:09 AM, Saishu said:

I feel like Dir en grey doesn’t have any friends. 

Satsuki would probably be on it though. 

Dir has no friends?

What about MERRY, THE NOVEMBERS, downy, Kannivalism, ex-Kagerou members, PIERROT, D'ERLANGER...?

I am pretty sure the time for that tribute comes one day. Maybe next year to commemorate their 20th major anniversary (1997 was their indies year) or maybe even later to commemorate their very first debut full-length. which most artists or their labels do for their tributes.

I would love to see  D'ERLANGER making JESSICA great again, Pierrot having one of their GAUZE songs converted into their own kind of pastiche, THE NOVEMBERS doing Higeki or even Downy making a Radiohead-like rendition of some DSS song... 

Possibilities are endless!

On 20/12/2017 at 10:26 PM, Saishu said:

I literally have no idea what bands are buddies, I was just making a joke. 

Would bands that are DEG’s seniors be on a tribute album?

No, only juniors.

Can't wait to hear the Sakura Gakuin rendition of Reiketsu Nariseba umbrella.

Edited by Nowhere Girl
Hey Miss Girl is very fond of child

18 hours ago, Seelentau said:

BABYMETAL should to Tsumi to Batsu  (New Ver.) tbh

Too dark and sludgy for them. If it was just the backing band, maybe.

Something more fun like egnirys cimredopyh +) An Injection, INCREASE BLUE, or Cause of fickleness would be more up BABYMETAL's alley.

Just wished that embryo could be re recorded exactly with the same acoustic arrangement done on the undecided re record, would be so good. And can't believe that saku wasn't chosen as one of the re recorded tracks for the best album,I like beautiful dirt,but seemed to be such an aleatory choice

this thread is going some cherrifying PLACES tbh

I feel like I'm the only person here massively happy they are rarely butchering the majority of 6 ugly through vulgar catalogue, occasional sacrifice to satan (I.e. fukai) aside

On 12/21/2017 at 1:49 AM, Alroy said:

Satsuki would probably be on it though. 

angelic chanteuse went full i-dont-know-her mode with ex-free will pals after RES disbanded.

she wasn't on the Daisuke solo/tribute album, and has distanced haself from everything related to dynamite tomomi.

On 22.12.2017 at 11:02 AM, Manji 卍 said:

Just wished that embryo could be re recorded exactly with the same acoustic arrangement done on the undecided re record, would be so good. And can't believe that saku wasn't chosen as one of the re recorded tracks for the best album,I like beautiful dirt,but seemed to be such an aleatory choice

While I do like embryo (both versions), I find -saku- to be one of their worst songs, actually. It's just boring.

I think I generally dislike that era the most, tbh. I really love their early era with UDaL, JEALOUS and MISSA/GAUZE, up until VULGAR, but Wtd. and TMOAB are their weakest releases, tbh. Wtd. still has some songs that are super nice (dead tree, Kodou), but TMOAB is a mess. Then it goes upwards again, but UROBOROS didn't age well and DSS is almost like TMOAB.

But I like what they released in between their albums. For some reason, their singles and EPs stand out stronger than the actual albums, to me. Especially considering how they butchered the album versions of the DSS singles...

Edited by Seelentau

Just now, Seelentau said:

While I do like embryo (both versions), I find -saku- to be one of their worst songs, actually. It's just boring.

I think I generally dislike that era the most, tbh. I really love their early era with UDaL, JEALOUS and MISSA/GAUZE, up until VULGAR, but Wtd. and TMOAB are their weakest releases, tbh. Wtd. still has some songs that are super nice (dead tree, Kodou), but TMOAB is a mess. Then it goes upwards again, but UROBOROS didn't age well and DSS is almost like TMOAB.

But I like what they released in between their albums. For some reason, their singles and EPs stand out stronger than the actual albums, to me. Especially considering how they butchered the album versions of the DSS singles...

Well,I love WTD and DSS ,them both are my fav albums,but I have to agree that TMOAB isn't a good album,that guitar tone and kyo's chaotic vocals are very annoying,but of course, there's 2 or 3 songs that I really like from that album. But we shouldn't take our opinions as an "official" thing ,cuz 90% of DeG fans see their discography from a different view. And I do think that saku is one of their greatest songs

I love TMOAB because it has some of my favorite Diru songs ever: Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tamerai ni Hohoemi(love this song to death), The pledge, Conceived sorrow, Ryoujoku no ame.

44 minutes ago, Ozileras10 said:

I love TMOAB because it has some of my favorite Diru songs ever: Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tamerai ni Hohoemi(love this song to death), The pledge, Conceived sorrow, Ryoujoku no ame.

oh yes,the ballads on TMOAB are pretty decent,i like all of these songs as well

tbh I wouldn't even be able to name most of DEG's songs xD

Just yesterday, I listened to MISSA and I couldn't remember the name of track 2 at all :D

And I still sometimes mix up Shinya and Toshiya ._. I'm a bad bangai (or whatever the male form of bangya is lol)

toshiya is almost never wearing blonde hair (and not since ~2002, or so, other than the filth PV look),

while shinya never wore blue hair, and is blonde more often than not, especially in the recent years.

also, the latter is behind the drum set, the other is not.

I can't remember much from any of TMOAB's ballads, for me that album is simply bad, bad. I cannot enjoy anything from it, at all. I can only hope they won't include much from it in a future tribute album, the more MACABRE, GAUZE, KISOU and UROBOROS songs in it, the better.

On the topic of re-recordings though, I don't think I have ever listened to any of them more than once, I should probably give them a try again, but opinions here seem a bit conflicting, and I'm afraid of tainting the originals with a re-recording I can possibly not enjoy. I can only wish to be pleasantly surprised if anything.

Interesting that you like sukekiyo's first album, but not TMOAB. I think the general opinion on here (or was it on last.fm?) is that IMMORTALIS is pretty bad, production-wise. I can't see it myself, though.

I’ve never heard anyone criticize the production of Immortalis, as it generally sounds better than any DEG album out there as far as sound mixing goes. Problem with Immortalis is a lot of the tighter and more focused songwriting is in the front half of the album, leaving the remaining half sound a lot more meandering. Almost like those songs weren’t finished and the band hadn’t been together long enough to get all the pieces locked together. 

Thats why Adoratio is so great. Aside from the top notch songwriting, it sounds like the band is one unit now. It’s a group effort, whereas in their early material you could hear a song and be like “oh yeah, Takumi definitely wrote that one”. 

still really wondering  what the thought process behind picking exactly these 3 songs for re-recording was though