Spike760

Dir en grey

I always come back to this topic expecting actual music news... there really is nothing to talk about, is there? While I love this band probably more than is healthy, their output these days is fucking glacial. I know they tour a ton but they haven't swung by here (UK) in two years now.

Wasn't there at least one new song that debuted live last year?

Really hoping they'll throw us a bone after the MACABRE and PIERROT tours. So, I guess we're looking at August at the earliest. This is optimistic given that Rinkaku, SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH, and ARCHE were each a year apart. :(

Most of the members aren't solely about DEG anymore, that could be part of it. That and they're at the point where they don't feel like they need to be constantly releasing something. They've been a band for 20 years, so if they aren't burnt out yet, I Image they would slow down to keep it from happening. 

And I get the feeling they don't have their sights set on the West much anymore. 

I'm still really excited about this Pierrot/Dir en grey collab...but also nervous that it will be a wreck....

I do agree they aren't terribly focused on the west anymore, but it doesn't surprise me. During the first turn toward metal, they were hardcore about it. They got a little press but I think a great majority of Western views on them were still colored by their early days. Which I found distressing at the time...but expected.

Aren't they working on the new album now?

I think general consensus is that it will be released after they finish with mode of tours? So only macabre and WTD left.

There were two new songs besides Utafumi, faster one during UROBOROS and a ballad during Kisou.

I would be very happy if they play more new songs during those remaining tours as well ;) 

9 hours ago, sixnightmares said:

I'm still really excited about this Pierrot/Dir en grey collab...but also nervous that it will be a wreck....

I don't really care. It's only a two-day stint and it's not happening outside Japan. Cool for those who can go, distinctly meh for the rest of us.

Releasing a collaborative single at the same time would make so much sense from a marketing perspective, but perhaps the tour is too short-lived to be worth that much effort. The most I expect is yet another fanclub-exclusive Blu Ray.

I'm most excited about hearing those new songs. Utafumi has grown on me massively since I first heard it.

Me: I'm totally over my crush that I had on Kyo during my teenage years! I can finally SOLELY focus on Dir en Grey's music! I'm an adult, I'm-

*sees pics of Kyo wearing a Kimono with his natural black hair colour and no makeup*

Me: Well fuck.

Toshiya: looks the same as always

Die: fabulous hair, but THAT scarf.

Kyo: ...I don't...what...his hair and....just everything.

Kaoru: saw pics of his new hair on tumblr a few days ago already, and the term "mid life crisis" also came to mind...he had beautful hair. Why. Just why.

Shinya: same old, same old

lol everyone's shocked by the hair, but he's had it for well over 2 months now, it was turquoise colored at the start of the Macabre tour, and is allegedly pink now lmfao

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

Soooo lemme just ask again: Anyone here who has some old DEG stuff, the likes of tereko, bootlegs, demo stuff etc. and is willing to share?

For footage and demos of Diru and associated groups, I suggest checking out the WorldOfDirEnGrey channel on YouTube. However, if you seek full shows, video or audio, that'll quite an adventure since traders typically demand something in return.

I'm well acquainted with both JMN and TNP. Sadly, the latter has been inactive for a year now (and he just uploaded regular stuff, anyway), and JMN only uploaded what everyone already has, and now he created a new channel (JapaneseMusicNerd, hence JMN), so he's out of the picture as well. Hell, I even got the Kiyomizudera tape before he managed to^^

What I'm looking for is early-era stuff, the batsu stuff, you know? For example, everyone knows about the Karma/Aoitsuki demo, but according to some website, there's another demo, but I've never seen a picture of it. So what's up with that? And what else do the old traders hoard on their drives? I want the 97-02 stuff :/