Spike760

Dir en grey

Also they released a DVD/Blu-ray for the Arche tour last summer. Doubt there needs to be another (even though they did milk the hell out of the Uroboros/DSS era for a few years). 

5 hours ago, SEKHMET said:

The Psychonnect DVD should be in these series, weird that it does not tbh :(

That show sucked anyway. The band couldn't have looked less interested in playing Gauze. 

15 hours ago, Saishu said:

That show sucked anyway. The band couldn't have looked less interested in playing Gauze. 

Well, you're right. Just sad Gauze isn't part of these sets :P

22 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

if anything they could combine it with la:sadie's stuff because that would be really cool, but we all know it's not happening.

lbr the only la-sadies related thing that will possibly ever appear is a somewhat botchy remastered CD courtesy of She Who Shall Not Be Taxed's current label

(assuming she doesn't print through FWD anymore.)

On 4/17/2017 at 10:58 PM, Seelentau said:

Yeah, I really like the old stuff. On that note, do you guys have any rare stuff to share? I'm pretty sure I have almost everything they have ever released, but just in case...? Maybe the TWO MONSTROUS NUCLEAR STOCKPILES song? :3

yea i got a flac rip of Sea of Retards 

I'm really curious as to why people keep saying the band hated doing the GAUZE tour, and most likely only base it on the one performance released on DVD. As someone who attended the entire tour I can attest to the fact that it didn't lack energy at most dates. Sure, it was a bit uneven at times, but that's how this band is. Some days are bound to be better than others and I've come to terms with that many years ago. I wonder if people confuse the nature of some of the tracks which doesn't really call for a whole lot of audience interaction, or in some cases I assume, can't be afforded due to the technicality and state of practice, with boredom and dislike.

The truth is, they wouldn't have done the tour if the whole band truly despised doing it, so I'll just put these opinions in the pile of other tinfoil hat conspiracies like the monthly disbandment speculations (that have appeared at least for ten years if not longer by now), Kyo communicating with aliens via inward screams and various other things in descending order of crazy.

On 17.4.2017 at 10:58 PM, Seelentau said:

Yeah, I really like the old stuff. On that note, do you guys have any rare stuff to share? I'm pretty sure I have almost everything they have ever released, but just in case...? Maybe the TWO MONSTROUS NUCLEAR STOCKPILES song? :3

?

Also, Kyo's first poem book had another TMNS song which they did not publish as a separate release:

(Kaoru penned this too with Merry's Yuu)

The only available TMNS demo-tape basically has this one without vocals.

Also: kudos to Kaoru for that obvious Discharge reference.

Edited by Alroy

I actually have a physical copy of Kyo's first book, just need the second one with "mama". :)

Regarding the TMNS demo tape, yes, that's what I'm looking for. I've never seen it ripped anywhere, some dude on batsu had it back in the day but I can't register an account there.

It's one of the most rarest releases, along with the message tapes, DEG live in Hongkong, the GAUZE promo LP and some other stuff.

Oh and Sea of Retards is a hoax, I know that much. :P

And I still don't know who the person on that picture is. Is it Kisaki or who? :D

7 hours ago, Seelentau said:

I actually have a physical copy of Kyo's first book, just need the second one with "mama". :)

Regarding the TMNS demo tape, yes, that's what I'm looking for. I've never seen it ripped anywhere, some dude on batsu had it back in the day but I can't register an account there.

It's one of the most rarest releases, along with the message tapes, DEG live in Hongkong, the GAUZE promo LP and some other stuff.

Oh and Sea of Retards is a hoax, I know that much. :P

And I still don't know who the person on that picture is. Is it Kisaki or who? :D

If you read exactly what I wrote: the TMNS demo tape song you are looking for is the first embed link I posted - except it's without vocals (also called "Kiyomizudera"). What's the fun in listening to lo-fi instrumental versions of already available songs?

Yes, it's without vocals, I know. It's not so much about listening to it, it's more about collecting releases from my favourite band (or their side projects). I mean, when you collect old cars, you don't necessarily drive them every day, right?

I've been saying the band doesn't give a shit about Gauze since I saw the Blitz 5 Days performance, and I honestly don't believe they really enjoy playing it, at least not in its entirety. They probably did it first to get it out of the way!

While everyones busy with their side projects Toshiya is dating a talent/newscaster?

【フライデー】皆藤愛子の彼氏は『DIR EN GREY』のToshiya(トシヤ)と判明か

While i dont fully understand how that is a problem, in japan it seems a "scandal".

Funny how the japanese see the news: the famous person here is the talent 皆藤愛子, the guy is just some random guy from a band called DIR EN GREY. Other news site write "they are a band with a sound like Babymetal, etc." :D But seems the talent was a former Dir bangya?

because how DARE any lovely women date some trashy bandman wwwwwww

but really, as big as Dir is overseas, they're not really that big back in Japan. I believe rock music is more underground there, like visual kei is, I could be wrong tho. Relationships like these in Japan's entertainment industry are a big deal cuz one would never imagine some female entertainer actually being with some rocker dude. :P

image_003.jpg

how cute~

33 minutes ago, filth_y said:

they are a band with a sound like Babymetal, etc.

this is the most disturbing thing i've read yet //commits seppuku

Edited by sheepprincessgara

I think I've said it here before, but the average Japanese person doesn't know DEG or even half the bands we talk about here. 

And let's be honest, these bands aren't exactly popular in the west either. But the western fan base is ridiculously rabid in the way they idolize jrock artists, and it happens in condensed, close knit online communities like this one. It gives the illusion that these bands are the biggest thing in the world. 

On 17.5.2017 at 1:24 PM, Saishu said:

I think I've said it here before, but the average Japanese person doesn't know DEG or even half the bands we talk about here. 

And let's be honest, these bands aren't exactly popular in the west either. But the western fan base is ridiculously rabid in the way they idolize jrock artists, and it happens in condensed, close knit online communities like this one. It gives the illusion that these bands are the biggest thing in the world. 

This, tbh. DEG is not half as famous in Japan as most foreign fans imagine them to be.

On 2017/5/17 at 4:36 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

because how DARE any lovely women date some trashy bandman wwwwwww

but really, as big as Dir is overseas, they're not really that big back in Japan. I believe rock music is more underground there, like visual kei is, I could be wrong tho. Relationships like these in Japan's entertainment industry are a big deal cuz one would never imagine some female entertainer actually being with some rocker dude. :P

this is the most disturbing thing i've read yet //commits seppuku

Pretty much this. She's a popular newscaster with a girl-next-door personality, so it's pretty unimaginable that she'd be involved with some rock (especially an VK/ex-VK) guy. Japanese stereotypes about the VK scene tend to be pretty bad.

I know, pretty much everything metal or hard rock-related is compared to X Japan or Babymetal now. Although Babymetal's backing band is actually quite good and includes a couple of ex-VK band/scene guys  so I guess it's not compleeeetely off, just cringy.

1 hour ago, emmny said:

still MY daddy...hottest jrawker ever n she lucky af

Maybe back in the day, but Toshiya's been trying to make that homeless look work for him for far too long now.

1 hour ago, jaymee said:

Maybe back in the day, but Toshiya's been trying to make that homeless look work for him for far too long now.

LOL in that paparazzi pic he easily looks like he stepped out of a saint laurent runway harry styles...style. bum, not so much mama