Spike760

Dir en grey

Yeah omg, I'm still listening to Vulgar, and like a lot of the songs I didn't remember are really good too. This is up there with Withering to Death for my favorite Dir en grey album, the only thing that sucks is there's no really awesome ballad like The Final, or Kodou. Actually I think Drain Away might be but I'm not that far yet, but yeah you should definitely listen!! xD

lol your just now realizing the amazingness that is vulgar and especially kasumi o.O tsk tsk xD haha kasumi is to me definitely one of their best songs... i mean can you say catharsis >.

Cage is pretty overrated, but it is a good song, and it's hella fun to play on the guitar, it's kind of hard though, lol.

The Final is also overrated, but I love that song to death, probably my favorite Dir en grey song.

yea cage is still a good song but still waaaay too much hype it's not that amazing song that some gauze era diru fan hold on a pedestal as the greatest piece of work deg has ever done xD if i hear one more elitist prick tell me about how freaken amazing cage is i'll gauge their eyes out with a spork and while i agree the final is really overrated too ...i think it deserves it a little bit more than cage does =P it's much more interesting i think and has a bit more soul

I don't describe myself as an elitist, but I pretty much do hold Cage above everything else, myself. *doesn't wanna get sporked* Maybe just because it's the first song of theirs I heard all that time ago, but I just always find it the most appealing song. :/

The only reason someone would hold Cage up above other songs (from my experience) is the bass line. While the solo is actually simple, it has a few tricks thrown in there.

All the Toshia fans squee and say it's one of the best songs. Along with Bottom of Death Valley. *shrug* I'm not a Toshiya fangirl so...

^ yea that pissed me off....when i first got into diru people wouldn't stop telling me how amazing cage was and how awesome tochi's solo is and when i finall y head it i was like what? that's it o.O ...then they'd all be like O.O what do you mean that's it? it's the greatest thing every in the history of dir en grey ever to exist in the realm of reality in every dimension known to man and rodent *blood vessels popping out of neck*...scary >.

now bottom of the death valley would be more like it but not just because it was written by tochi *slaps*

lol, my reason isn't because of Toshiya. At all. I hardly even like the guy. xD Maybe some sort of spiritual being commands me to like the song more, and if I don't, it'll kill me. D:

lawlz@me putting "Toshia" My Toshiya fangirl friends would kill me. XD And for forgetting the "the" in the song title... luckily they'd be forgiving about that since they know I suck with names/titles. XD I DID get slapped upside the head for forgetting the name of that 30 min long X Japan song though.... a lot of good it did me since I forgot it again. XD *dead*

Prism, you already stated that it was your first Diru song. That in itself is reason enough. I can't even remember MY first Diru song. O_o

Obscure was and still is probably my top favorite song from DEG it was the first song I had ever heard from them and I just thought it was badass lol It's still probably one of their more badass songs especially when coupled with the PV for it lol

Jake, have you tried Fukai, from Kasumi's single?

It's an AWESOME song that not many people know.

Ryojoku no Ame (single version) and 24th Cylinder drank on the veins of Kasumi and most people don't give them the credit they deserve.

There's also their epic ballads, like Undecided, -mushi-, Embryo and Ain't Afraid to Die. More songs that people just pass by. :/

And of course, the never-mentioned-still-the-best-vkei-song from them, 304 Hakushi no Sakura.

Fukai, oh I don't have any of the singles, so I don't know if I've even ever heard that song before, lol. ^^;

But yeah, I'm with you on 24ko clyinders, I love that song. I had to listen to it right now too, lol.

Jake, have you tried Fukai, from Kasumi's single?

It's an AWESOME song that not many people know.

Ryojoku no Ame (single version) and 24th Cylinder drank on the veins of Kasumi and most people don't give them the credit they deserve.

There's also their epic ballads, like Undecided, -mushi-, Embryo and Ain't Afraid to Die. More songs that people just pass by. :/

And of course, the never-mentioned-still-the-best-vkei-song from them, 304 Hakushi no Sakura.

24ko cylinders is lovely as well as embryo, mushi, and undecided and fukai..ryoujku no ame as well too =] so i second those immediately

now ain't afraid to die though i don't think that's a song people pass by xD when i first got into them that song was another one, like cage, that everyone kept telling me was beyond amazing and what not ^^ i like it though (even though imo mushi crushes it completely and no one talks about mushi as much =/)

and as for 304, goushitsu hakushi no sakura your right it's rarely mentioned ever >.

Jake' date=' have you tried Fukai, from Kasumi's single?

It's an [b']AWESOME song that not many people know.

24ko cylinders is lovely as well as embryo, mushi, and undecided and fukai..ryoujku no ame as well too =] so i second those immediately

now ain't afraid to die though i don't think that's a song people pass by xD when i first got into them that song was another one, like cage, that everyone kept telling me was beyond amazing and what not ^^ i like it though (even though imo mushi crushes it completely and no one talks about mushi as much =/)

and as for 304, goushitsu hakushi no sakura your right it's rarely mentioned ever >.< but to me it's an ok song i never really could get into it... if we're talking about just from gauze then their best vk era song that i think is totally Mask (also maybe mitsu to tsuba) ...but if we're talking everything from missa to macabre, nothing beats the sexiness of egnirys cimeredopyh =] it's damn cool but neither of those are kasumi like so yea 304 GHnS is more so so yea do that one :D

I love all heartfelt 'ballad' songs by Dir en grey. Mushi, Zakuro, Ain't Afraid to die, Higeki ha Mabuto Wo Yasashiki Utsu [or whatever it is xDDD].

My favorite Gauze era song would have to be Cage just cause of Kyo's singing and the awesome bass-line. Although talking about Missa to Macabre, KR Cube, and/or Macabre are my favorite. It's hard to say, but I love the album Macabre to death. Egnirys to me was a little too repetitive and simple. I have the tabs for it so yeah.

And just wondering, does anybody love THE PLEDGE? I fell in deep lust with this song just because I can feel Kyo's emotions spilling out into the fan's ears. <3

Jake' date=' have you tried Fukai, from Kasumi's single?

It's an [b']AWESOME song that not many people know.

and as for 304, goushitsu hakushi no sakura your right it's rarely mentioned ever >.

I love all heartfelt 'ballad' songs by Dir en grey. Mushi, Zakuro, Ain't Afraid to die, Higeki ha Mabuto Wo Yasashiki Utsu [or whatever it is xDDD].

My favorite Gauze era song would have to be Cage just cause of Kyo's singing and the awesome bass-line. Although talking about Missa to Macabre, KR Cube, and/or Macabre are my favorite. It's hard to say, but I love the album Macabre to death. Egnirys to me was a little too repetitive and simple. I have the tabs for it so yeah.

And just wondering, does anybody love THE PLEDGE? I fell in deep lust with this song just because I can feel Kyo's emotions spilling out into the fan's ears.

i loved the poledge too it was and still is my favorite song from MOAB

as for egnirys it may have simple line but the song is sexy as hell when you put it all together with the lyrics, the melody and insturments, kyo's singing & rapping, the little breakdown and gahhh it's just awesomeness...although [Kr] cube is to me tied with it ...they both have that cool factor and i can listen to them together for ages....macabre (the song) is okay but it's never been one of my favs ...i've always also really liked berry and hotarubi alot

I love The Pledge too. XD

Actually, as you can see through my Last.FM stats, TP and Namamekashiki stayed at my playlist for like 3 or 4 months.

Hey people, does any of you liked ROTING ROOT, REPETITION OF HATRED and THE DEEPER VILENESS? :]

oh oh oh me me me i looooooovvvveee repition of hatred xD and i also loooovvveee rotting root and the deeper vilenesss... infact add TP and Namameshiki and you have my normal play list from MOAB aside from Ryoujoku no ame and clever slezoid of course

Similar to me. XD

But I listen to Disabled Complexes, Lie Buried With a Vengeance and The Fatal Believer too.

I'm not too found of Grief and the three "remaked" songs from singles, specially 'cause all of them sucked compared to the originals. :/

hold on i made me a mistake ... switch the deeper vileness with disabled complexes ...i dunno why i confused the 2 for a sec but yea that's what i mean t =] that song is so kewl

but i like a deeper vileness and the fatal believer as well and concieved sorrow

i've never been able to get into grief and lie buried with vengeance except for when i'm in the mood

my first diru song was obscure

i like them just as much as any other band of their style, they are very mainstream.

if i had to pick either diru or unsraw..........

guess my answer.......

Mine was Myaku, i used to (and still do) think it sounded like a carnival song at the beginning. But it was the sound of their style at the time that got me to listen to them. If i started listening to probably around when vulgar came out, or probably after (maybe withering to death) i wouldn't have been as interested in them.

My first song was ain't afraid to die back in 6th grade. Second was Cage. I put a picture of them in my locker and all the boys said they were hot.