Spike760

Dir en grey

43 minutes ago, Tokage said:

Kyo legit is just 1 face tattoo away from looking like one of those contemporary xanax rappers

instead of opera falsettos or high pitched cat shrieks, Kyo will transform his vocal technique to  phrases like "yuh" and "ayye" and autotuned singing

the more i look at it, the more kyo starts to resemble some fucked up mashup between a kpop idol, lil peep and yoda 

What the fuck, Dir en grey? Kaoru literally looks like he belongs in Mix Speakers, INC. Kyo...I don't even know what the fuck is going on with that guy. Shinya looks like a doll whose been preserved in silicone. Die is LITERALLY channeling Atsushi Sakurai. Toshiya = THE LOOKS. 

What the hell? Is this some sort of oyaji-kei midlife crisis?

Kaoru did say that Shinya is the most stubborn out of all of them, and Shinya’s lack of style change in forever supports that. He’s turning into Yoshiki. 

53 minutes ago, EzraEroguro said:

What the fuck, Dir en grey? Kaoru literally looks like he belongs in Mix Speakers, INC. Kyo...I don't even know what the fuck is going on with that guy. Shinya looks like a doll whose been preserved in silicone. Die is LITERALLY channeling Atsushi Sakurai. Toshiya = THE LOOKS. 

What the hell? Is this some sort of oyaji-kei midlife crisis?

I think you’ve got Die and Toshiya reversed. 

9 hours ago, Saishu said:

Kaoru did say that Shinya is the most stubborn out of all of them, and Shinya’s lack of style change in forever supports that. He’s turning into Yoshiki. 

I think you’ve got Die and Toshiya reversed. 

I *think* the two can be interchangeable?!

But seriously, let's talk about boi Kyo. That is not a good look...at all. Is it some sort of religious statement, with the crown of thorns/x-mas wreath (who said that in this thread?)? I just wanna know what ya boi meant by this, s'all.

tbh you'd have to befriend some legacy japanese stans who spend weekends with toshiya's mom helping her out with the garden or something to know this, I don't think even band members themselves care/remember about this stuff at this point.

True, but there are magazines etc. out there, such as the minikomi "Mercure", that lists more information.

And there are also stans out there who collected all the information back during the j-rock craze, so maybe one of them might read this... :D