Spike760

Dir en grey

2815 posts in this topic

Also they released a DVD/Blu-ray for the Arche tour last summer. Doubt there needs to be another (even though they did milk the hell out of the Uroboros/DSS era for a few years). 

5 hours ago, SEKHMET said:

The Psychonnect DVD should be in these series, weird that it does not tbh :(

That show sucked anyway. The band couldn't have looked less interested in playing Gauze. 

15 hours ago, Saishu said:

That show sucked anyway. The band couldn't have looked less interested in playing Gauze. 

Well, you're right. Just sad Gauze isn't part of these sets :P

19 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

if anything they could combine it with la:sadie's stuff because that would be really cool, but we all know it's not happening.

15 minute inward scream into Objexxx 

Carmelzors, nekkichi and emmny like this

22 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

if anything they could combine it with la:sadie's stuff because that would be really cool, but we all know it's not happening.

lbr the only la-sadies related thing that will possibly ever appear is a somewhat botchy remastered CD courtesy of She Who Shall Not Be Taxed's current label

(assuming she doesn't print through FWD anymore.)

Furik and emmny like this

On 4/17/2017 at 10:58 PM, Seelentau said:

Yeah, I really like the old stuff. On that note, do you guys have any rare stuff to share? I'm pretty sure I have almost everything they have ever released, but just in case...? Maybe the TWO MONSTROUS NUCLEAR STOCKPILES song? :3

yea i got a flac rip of Sea of Retards 

I'm really curious as to why people keep saying the band hated doing the GAUZE tour, and most likely only base it on the one performance released on DVD. As someone who attended the entire tour I can attest to the fact that it didn't lack energy at most dates. Sure, it was a bit uneven at times, but that's how this band is. Some days are bound to be better than others and I've come to terms with that many years ago. I wonder if people confuse the nature of some of the tracks which doesn't really call for a whole lot of audience interaction, or in some cases I assume, can't be afforded due to the technicality and state of practice, with boredom and dislike.

The truth is, they wouldn't have done the tour if the whole band truly despised doing it, so I'll just put these opinions in the pile of other tinfoil hat conspiracies like the monthly disbandment speculations (that have appeared at least for ten years if not longer by now), Kyo communicating with aliens via inward screams and various other things in descending order of crazy.

Posted (edited)

On 17.4.2017 at 10:58 PM, Seelentau said:

Yeah, I really like the old stuff. On that note, do you guys have any rare stuff to share? I'm pretty sure I have almost everything they have ever released, but just in case...? Maybe the TWO MONSTROUS NUCLEAR STOCKPILES song? :3

?

Also, Kyo's first poem book had another TMNS song which they did not publish as a separate release:

(Kaoru penned this too with Merry's Yuu)

The only available TMNS demo-tape basically has this one without vocals.

Also: kudos to Kaoru for that obvious Discharge reference.

Edited by Carmelzors

I actually have a physical copy of Kyo's first book, just need the second one with "mama". :)

Regarding the TMNS demo tape, yes, that's what I'm looking for. I've never seen it ripped anywhere, some dude on batsu had it back in the day but I can't register an account there.

It's one of the most rarest releases, along with the message tapes, DEG live in Hongkong, the GAUZE promo LP and some other stuff.

Oh and Sea of Retards is a hoax, I know that much. :P

And I still don't know who the person on that picture is. Is it Kisaki or who? :D

7 hours ago, Seelentau said:

I actually have a physical copy of Kyo's first book, just need the second one with "mama". :)

Regarding the TMNS demo tape, yes, that's what I'm looking for. I've never seen it ripped anywhere, some dude on batsu had it back in the day but I can't register an account there.

It's one of the most rarest releases, along with the message tapes, DEG live in Hongkong, the GAUZE promo LP and some other stuff.

Oh and Sea of Retards is a hoax, I know that much. :P

And I still don't know who the person on that picture is. Is it Kisaki or who? :D

If you read exactly what I wrote: the TMNS demo tape song you are looking for is the first embed link I posted - except it's without vocals (also called "Kiyomizudera"). What's the fun in listening to lo-fi instrumental versions of already available songs?

Yes, it's without vocals, I know. It's not so much about listening to it, it's more about collecting releases from my favourite band (or their side projects). I mean, when you collect old cars, you don't necessarily drive them every day, right?

I've been saying the band doesn't give a shit about Gauze since I saw the Blitz 5 Days performance, and I honestly don't believe they really enjoy playing it, at least not in its entirety. They probably did it first to get it out of the way!