Spike760

Dir en grey

Mad Stalin is a reference to The Stalin, after all...Michiro Endo (the vocalist of the Stalin) is the one who inspired kyo to become a vocalist.

Meh. I always believed that Mad Stalin was in reference to Joseph Stalin and what he did.

also this picture was always in the background of theyr MAD STALIN thingie on the shows

stalin1.jpg

and I always believed that Kiyoharu from Kuroyume inspired Kyo to become a vocalist.

^

It's really hard to say who inspired Kyo more. Before Kyo became a Kiyoharu roadie, he loved The Stalin. He especially has a deep connection (from what I can tell) with Michiro Endo. Kaoru said recently that the relationship between Kyo and the stalin is very deep as well.

With Kiyoharu, there was a strong influence early on with Kyo (vk era) for like, 1 album. That influence suddenly just dropped off the face of the earth, where as the influence that Michiro Endo has always had on kyo (especially stage performance) is still current. So before Kyo was influenced by Kiyoharu, he was influenced by Michiro Endo and The Stalin, so it's really hard to say. Though I think I recall reading an interview where Kyo specifically stated that Michiro Endo inspired him the most (though I have no source to cite)

And with Mad Stalin, it was the creation of the band, but you'd think that there would be a correlation with that and The Stalin. Joseph Stalin is a very strong theme throughout the Stalin's music (as would be expected), so maybe it was Kyo (and the rest of the band) paying homage to The Stalin by doing that.

O hai itz will shall now be referred to as Dir enCyclopedia.

u never added me on msn

sad face

thought it sounded like pure shit, but I guess im not deep enough like you guys to understand music like this :D

Ahahahhaaaah u made my day xDD Seeeeersly. xD

Though I liked it. *.*

thought it sounded like pure shit, but I guess im not deep enough like you guys to understand music like this :D

appreciation of music is subjective, so it's quite alright.

That The Stalin cover sounds like Bloodbath crossed with Aliene Ma'riage.

URRRFACEPALM.gif

Personally, I obviously do know, I often have stupid ideas and I'm rather ignorant fan-girl with mistyped gender, but I would never compare "Warshawa..." to works, or arts of Aliene M'ariage... No, it's nothing to compare. Kyo and Kyouka, they are so far to each other and it's too pointless. For me, diru recorded this cover completely in their own way and it's really fine. Their "Warshawa~" is totally different than STALIN's original. Generally, I dislike this metal-core, or how to name actual diru genre, as well like this dirty punk of STALIN, but if I had to choose, for sure I would take cover. Atmosphere can move me far better, it's like complete destruction of my wretched, Polish capital town, as if some atomic bomb exploded in Palace of Culture and Science, or somewhere in town centre :D In some way, it's really amazing song, but still... not in my taste. Recently I wonder, diru could end artistic work about 2003-2003 year, it wouldn't change anything in my own vision of Japanese music.

^ It's almost as if it has it's own atmosphere. Dir en grey are sooo good at doing things like that, that it just blows my mind.

oh and btw: 1966 batman is best batman

haha i remember i had a weird dream about Die and Kyo o__o it was REALLY weird...one was Kyo was my teacher in school..and he was wearing that outfit he wore in Yurameki and i was talking and i think he told me to shut up .__. xD and another was me and die was shooting each other o.o and he shot me in the side... and i fall and some random girl came running and hugging me...

it was weird.... ha ha XD

That was relevant ...

He/she wrote about DIR EN GREY, in a DIR EN GREY thread. I don't see how it isn't relevant?