Spike760

Dir en grey

I'm fine with everything they played except Sustain the Untruth. Please, swap that one out with anything else, lmao. Give me The Deeper Vileness!

Last night we got Hydra 666 and I lost my God damn mind. Honestly felt the energy from the band in Sacramento was better than LA.

Also, there was talk of an opener for the Sac show, but there ended up not being one. Anyone know why?

Not that I'm complaining.

On 9/24/2019 at 7:00 AM, Saishu said:

also also Kisou ---- It’s the aural equivalent of chewing foil and sandpaper 

Aaah, music to my ears.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/01/heavy-culture-dir-en-grey-kyo/?fbclid=IwAR2P7l5zDPuaFQQabOWvaO6VN-lap1oBjLsePkbvwYWQ1ToviZrK-Jwm5A4

On newer Japanese bands such as BABYMETAL

"In regards to BABYMETAL, you just can’t say anything bad about them, can you? The band’s very talented musicians and the girls are powerful performers. The singers are very young hard working ladies who could be your own daughters, how could you not think they are doing a great job? That’s almost like a trick question, I feel."

a surprisingly wholesome answer from kyo

https://kyotakumrau.tumblr.com/post/190271978167/rock-and-read-087-interview-with-kyo-part-23

Interesting (part of an) interview with Kyo.
He gives some (hilarious) new insights in the neverending theme of his hate to touring abroad.

And what I found very interesting he tackles the theme of dissatisfaction and how it started with leaving his musically boundarys when he founded sukekiyo. 

he's such a miserable low-vibrational aquarius I can't @ all that brain purge 

Travel too, but even before that, there’s an interview still in Japan when we go to get a visa. Even though I don’t really speak English I have to answer questions like 'how long will you be staying in the country?’ or 'what’s your occupation? What do you do?’ and so on. It’s unbelievably stressful.

nvm I'm surprised they don't have enough JSL Matts in American embassy over there, but I'd have assumed "I fuck your daughter on your grave" is an acceptable career inquiry response?..

Edited by nekkichi

3 hours ago, evenor said:

Important things to take from this:

1. Die shares that his fav fast riffs are from deg's debut album gauze

Dear Monochromians:

Can we just accept the fact that 'Gauze' is the most perfect gem Dir and VK as a whole scene gave us all, so much that nothing of it will be ever able to overcome such a miracle of art? Xoxo.

Edit: wtf is 'psychobilly'. Are we discovering Dir's actual '~kei'?

Edited by saiko

LMAO @ Toshiya's psychobilly comment. Although the slap bass part he first plays actually sounds kinda like it could fit into a psychobilly song, heh.

y'all motherfuckers gettin upset about the psychobilly thing now but you'll eat those words when it turns out their next album is gonna be straight up horror punk/psychobilly 

I need her to announce the genre of their next album as "monalisa-kei. the one and only sub-genre of art-kei we have succintly co-developed together. please find your own words to describe it once you hear it." while wearing a beautiful bridal gown and eating sugared lilac/carnation/marigold petal 𝒶𝓈𝓈ℴ𝓇𝓉𝒾 from a little tea plate.

I'm sure it will bring an avalanche of perfectly well comments from their lovely fanbase.

10 hours ago, Tokage said:

y'all motherfuckers gettin upset about the psychobilly thing now but you'll eat those words when it turns out their next album is gonna be straight up horror punk/psychobilly 

That would be good honestly

10 hours ago, nekkichi said:

I need her to announce the genre of their next album as "monalisa-kei. the one and only sub-genre of art-kei we have succintly co-developed together. please find your own words to describe it once you hear it." while wearing a beautiful bridal gown and eating sugared lilac/carnation/marigold petal 𝒶𝓈𝓈ℴ𝓇𝓉𝒾 from a little tea plate.

This is my fantasy for sure.

15 minutes ago, rekzer said:

didnt they learned from the NA videos NOT TO FUCKING CLAP?

Some of them did not.
Also, from what I've heard there were fights during and after the concert

3 hours ago, EvilHippy said:

Moscow's gig. 

Igor over here filming the whole fucking show? lmao

Didn't GazettE get mad that someone filmed the whole gig and afterwards prohibited filming?