Spike760

Dir en grey

Haven't heard The World of Mercy yet as I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.

Simply because of the length, I really hope this isn't going to be on their next album. It'd eat up a huge chunk of the run-time, perhaps as much as 1/4 if it's a short LP.

22 hours ago, Saishu said:

Lol what happened to Seraph?

who the fuck is Seraph?

21 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

How would you guys rank Diru's albums?:

I did this a page or two back and chances are my list has changed except for the top 2 or 3 albums:

1. Dum Spiro Spero

2. The Insulated World

3. Uroboros

4. The Marrow of a Bone

5. Macabre

6. Withering to Death

7. Gauze

8. Vulgar

9. Arche

10. Kisou

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Isn’t there literally only one song out right now since the project was announced like two years ago?

Genesi was released as a single.
Then, Destino (and Genesi) were used for j-teen horror movie as an opening and ending.
And this year, I think, he had a gig during his birthday.
Setlist was:

1.Destino
2. Abyss
3. Sauveur
4. Uisce
5. Génesi
6. Kreis
https://www.musicman.co.jp/artist/84458 - news in jp about his first concert.

Monochromanians, I saw the thread ridiculing his project when I wasn‘t a member of your community yet 😋

I really like Genesi! The lyrics are a bit cringy, but I really liked it. It‘s unfortunate he (they) didn‘t release the rest of their songs...

( Genesi > The world of mercy, btw 😘)

Edited by cheesy_VK_Freak

On 9/23/2019 at 11:29 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

How would you guys rank Diru's albums?

1. Withering to death

2. Vulgar

3. Gauze

4. Uroboros

5. Macabre

6. Dum spiro spero

7. Arche

8. Kisou

9. The marrow of a bone

Vulgar and withering to death keep changing places, I can just never decide which one I find best. Kisou has some amazing songs on it, but in general the sound is just....too much? If I liste to the whole album, I usually get a headache. Embryo, Mushi or undecided are great songs (and Zomboid is super fun), but in general I would put it last with the marrow of a bone (which had the same problem, basically.) Arche and dum siro spero are very well put together albums imo, I can just listen to them while relaxing on the train, the beginning and endings of songs are seamless. However, some of their older albums such as WTD had more highlights for me.

So, yeah. TIW sounds cool on this DVD.

KtH is a beast, VoM is fun, Ningen can replace STU anytime. Also, woud like to highlight Aka. From 0:58 you clearly can hear Kaoru's part, which is buried in studio mix. And these notes makes this song more beautiful.

That performance of Aka is real good.

Actually I feel like all of the TIW songs work pretty well live from what I've heard so far. Might end up being one of the rare occasions where I like the live version of a track more than the studio version

This is what happens when you actually work together in a studio and don’t layer shit on just to worry about how you’re actually going to play it later 

not coincidentally this is why the Marrow songs are better live as well

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

not coincidentally this is why the Marrow songs are better live as well

For real though -- however, Shinya just...irks me. Keigaku no Yoku's fill was definitely butchered. Some songs sound uneven, too. 

I'm just not feeling it anymore, guys.

Most of it all, I liked their outfits a lot! (Ok Shinya looks just as usual, but Kyo looked so damn cool with his haircut + suit. Kaoru, too, very nice fabric and cut,  and then Die with a sleeveless suit-look.  Toshi...was flexin' as usual.)

also Kyo shouting while cigarette in mouth was very impressive :O

@Seelentau you'll probably know what I'm talking about. Wasn't there a performance from ~97 where they did a fakeout with the intro to I'll but transitioned immediately into ZAN and played for about ten minutes?

1 hour ago, blacktooth said:

@Seelentau you'll probably know what I'm talking about. Wasn't there a performance from ~97 where they did a fakeout with the intro to I'll but transitioned immediately into ZAN and played for about ten minutes?

Yeah, the one on the Osaka Hall VHS/DVD. It's from 1999 though. -I'll-'s first known performance is from August 3, 1998.

Edited by Seelentau

1 hour ago, blacktooth said:

It is from 1999, and it is from the well-known, iconic Osaka-Jou live that fortunately was recorded and released in DVD.

Btw, I believe they used to do a lot of fake intros to play ZAN back in that era. Raw punk attitude!

Edited by saiko

Since everyone seems to be praising tiw songs in a live environment I wonder how much higher the album would rank on most peoples lists with proper mixing and production 🤔

I feel like I should be more knowledgeable on music dynamics and such since I do write music for fun but tbh

...maybe my ear isn't as trained as everyone who has this HUGE issue with the production but to me, its nothing that drastic. I feel like I've heard worse.

Musically its easily one of their best efforts in a long time and these lives are a great testament to that.