Spike760

Dir en grey

27 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Oh hey apparently Kyo has been “bleeding” on stage again and it’s because he’s been playing to lukewarm crowds. He lives for your energy please scream with all your might!!!!!!!!!

my ass

What happened?

Didn’t Kyo stop his self harm? 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

Mine is ever-changing but at the moment it's (from best to worst) 

Uroboros

Vulgar

Arche

Macabre

Gauze

Withering To Death

Dum Spiro Spero

The Marrow Of A Bone

Kisou

The Insulated World

Fuck all y’all

Uroboros (the OG mix)

The Insulated World

Macabre

Arche

Dum Spiro Spero 

Gauze

Vulgar

The Marrow of a Bone

Kisou

Withering to death

Edit: and yeah that’s best to worst

Edited by Saishu

12 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Fuck all y’all

Uroboros (the OG mix)

The Insulated World

Macabre

Arche

Dum Spiro Spero 

Gauze

Vulgar

The Marrow of a Bone

Kisou

Withering to death

Edit: and yeah that’s best to worst

Lmao I was expecting TIW to be last. 

TIW gets a lot of undeserving hate IN MY OPINION 

I haven’t yet heard all of them, but WHY SO LITTLE LOVE FOR DSS??? It’s one of my favorite albums honestly. It just paints this picture of being in a forest, chased by some Lovecraftian being... and then that ending. Did you get out? Did the monster kill you? Who knows. Yeah it’s a bit dense... but it needs more love imo.

TIW... eh. It’s their weakest of the ones I’ve heard yet, but it’s still a good album. It would be way better if not for the brickwalled (and generally atrocious) production.

By the way, what do you guys think of “World of Mercy”? I think the song itself is up there with Macabre and Vinushka. The production is eh, but oh well.

To be fair, I made myself tired of DSS and haven’t listened to it much recently. Also Tue Madsen sucks and I hope DEG never works with him again. Unfortunately he’s been doing the mixes for Sukekiyo so whatever I guess. 

Most DEG albums sound like hot trash, but  I like the raw sound of the original Uroboros and Insulated World. I don’t like a lot of polish – and surely there’s some middle ground compared to what TIW sounds like – but I’d rather that than something sterile. 

World of Mercy has been discussed at length already, but I think it just sounds like a ton of other shit they’ve already done on TIW smashed together. 

Uroboros

Vulgar

Macabre

Withering to Death

Dum Spiro Spero

Gauze

Kisou *Side note, gyakusou tannou keloid milk is so good and they should remake it.

Marrow of the Bone

Arche

4 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

TIW gets a lot of undeserving hate IN MY OPINION 

I think it's fine. But even when compared in a vacuum, I personally don't think it stacks very high next to their previous efforts. I know it's a matter of taste, but from the other albums I can find at least 1 or 2 tracks I like. Whereas, with TIW, I can't remember a single riff even after listening through it 4 times. Granted, I haven't sat down with it as much as their older work. But there's just something missing from it compositionally and sonically for me that fail to grasp my initial interest.  I found albums like TMOAB and DSS much more challenging to get into, but they had my attention and I wanted to revisit them. TIW is not bad by any means, but if I'm being honest I think it's just not what I was hoping for from the band. But a lot of people like the album and they can't please everyone right?

2 hours ago, R/O said:

I haven’t yet heard all of them, but WHY SO LITTLE LOVE FOR DSS??? It’s one of my favorite albums honestly. It just paints this picture of being in a forest, chased by some Lovecraftian being... and then that ending. Did you get out? Did the monster kill you? Who knows. Yeah it’s a bit dense... but it needs more love imo.

Right here fam. Love that shit. This album has such a strong atmosphere (although Tue Madsen absolutely murdered some of songs here which is sad. Tragic what happened to album versions of the singles). Ruten no Tou is one of my absolute top Diru songs.

Edited by ghost

13 minutes ago, ghost said:

I think it's fine. But even when compared in a vacuum, I personally don't think it stacks very high next to their previous efforts. I know it's a matter of taste, but from the other albums I can find at least 1 or 2 tracks I like. Whereas, with TIW, I can't remember a single riff even after listening through it 4 times. Granted, I haven't sat down with it as much as their older work. But there's just something missing from it compositionally and sonically for me that fail to grasp my initial interest.  I found albums like TMOAB and DSS much more challenging to get into, but they had my attention and I wanted to revisit them. TIW is not bad by any means, but if I'm being honest I think it's just not what I was hoping for from the band. But a lot of people like the album and they can't please everyone right?

I can see why people dislike it, especially if your a fan of DSS or Uroboros. 

To me, I honestly couldn’t give two shits about the production. If anything, I like the more raw sound they went for. Is TIW a perfect album? No, but I do enjoy the hell out of TIW. Probably a light 8/10 IMO.

To be fair tho, I don’t really hate all their albums. There isn’t one album in Diru’s discography that I wouldn’t consider bad. I just enjoy certain albums over others. If anything, my ranking is a bit weird tbh lol

Feel free to disagree but that’s just my two cents

I think I never really listened to their older stuff so it's just parts of their albums I put here.

From best to worst

The Marrow Of A Bone

Withering To Death

Vulgar

Arche

The Insulated World

Uroboros

Dum Spiro Spero

Withering to death

Gauze 

Macabre

Uroboros

Kisou

DSS

Arche

TIW

I miss the catchiness and simplicity of Withering to death. I think i don't really like the extremely low tuning of their new albums. It makes everything more muddy.

Edited by Kirito

The thing about Diru is that their discography is so wildly diverse so your bound to get some weird rankings. 

They’re one of those bands were no one is settled on a best album or one that’s a masterpiece above the rest.