Spike760

Dir en grey

69892342_162765948175210_784120503362125

Translation by Homp:

Spoiler

-Looking back on your time in Gesshoku, would you say you gained anything from it?
-Yoma: It was short... I was able to do the things I wanted to. It was a unique, dark band, ghostly (laugh). It was actually very straightforward. For example, the song Dokusatsu (Poisoning) is about being betrayed by a person you really like and being so upset that you poison them (laugh).
-Why did you decide to do a dark band?
-Yoma: Amongst many positive bands, I wanted to do something completely different to other bands.
-Why are Gesshoku breaking up?
-Yoma: Gesshoku never became anything more than a first step for all of us members. We all realised our weaknesses and things that we are lacking. In a way I think it's a good thing, because it will help us in the future.
-Have all the members decided what they're going to do after this?
-Yoma: Everyone is going to continue to do bands, so I think they're all going to show themselves to you again in some form or another.
-And what will you do after this?
-Yoma: I don't want to fuss about genre. I want you all to forget about the me you already know, and come and see the new me for yourselves.
-Do you have any concrete ideas yet?
-Yoma: I'm going to do a band called Visnu with the bassist who participated in Gesshoku's final live. It's going to be a band that does things that Gesshoku didn't, so as I said before, please come and see for yourself.
-What kind of thing do you think you're going to show with Visnu?
-Yoma: Everything... everything that I have inside me. I want to make everything that's inside me into music and present it.
-Can you tell me more in detail?
-Yoma: If we're talking about lyrics, I want to be even more straightforward than I was in Gesshoku. Not just sound and a stage as the background, I want to be able to overwhelm even the people who are watching the staging. This is what I'm thinking... The parts of myself that I usually suppress, that is to say, my inner face, I want to shout it all out on stage and show it to everyone. In the end, I see concerts as a place of self expression.
-Do you have any concerts coming up?
-Yoma: Our first live will be some time in July, in Kyoto. After that we want to go to lots of places in secret.
-What are you doing now?
-Yoma: Making songs, and a demo tape.
-Finally, do you have anything to say to your fans?
-Yoma: By all means, please come and see us with your own eyes. Let's meet at the concert.

Edited by Seelentau

Just now, Seelentau said:

Translation by Homp:

Hide contents

-Looking back on your time in Gesshoku, would you say you gained anything from it?
-Yoma: It was short... I was able to do the things I wanted to. It was a unique, dark band, ghostly (laugh). It was actually very straightforward. For example, the song Dokusatsu (Poisoning) is about being betrayed by a person you really like and being so upset that you poison them (laugh).
-Why did you decide to do a dark band?
-Yoma: Amongst many positive bands, I wanted to do something completely different to other bands.
-Why are Gesshoku breaking up?
-Yoma: Gesshoku never became anything more than a first step for all of us members. We all realised our weaknesses and things that we are lacking. In a way I think it's a good thing, because it will help us in the future.
-Have all the members decided what they're going to do after this?
-Yoma: Everyone is going to continue to do bands, so I think they're all going to show themselves to you again in some form or another.
-And what will you do after this?
-Yoma: I don't want to fuss about genre. I want you all to forget about the me you already know, and come and see the new me for yourselves.
-Do you have any concrete ideas yet?
-Yoma: I'm going to do a band called Visnu with the bassist who participated in Gesshoku's final live. It's going to be a band that does things that Gesshoku didn't, so as I said before, please come and see for yourself.
-What kind of thing do you think you're going to show with Visnu?
-Yoma: Everything... everything that I have inside me. I want to make everything that's inside me into music and present it.
-Can you tell me more in detail?
-Yoma: If we're talking about lyrics, I want to be even more straightforward than I was in Gesshoku. Not just sound and a stage as the background, I want to be able to overwhelm even the people who are watching the staging. This is what I'm thinking... The parts of myself that I usually suppress, that is to say, my inner face, I want to shout it all out on stage and show it to everyone. In the end, I see concerts as a place of self expression.
-Do you have any concerts coming up?
-Yoma: Our first live will be some time in July, in Kyoto. After that we want to go to lots of places in secret.
-What are you doing now?
-Yoma: Making songs, and a demo tape.
-Finally, do you have anything to say to your fans?
-Yoma: By all means, please come and see us with your own eyes. Let's meet at the concert.

I forgot Kyo went by Yoma lol

If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t Gesshoku that band with Kisaki that Kyo did after Masquerade? Or was it after him being a roadie for Kuroyume (I think). 

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

I forgot Kyo went by Yoma lol

If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t Gesshoku that band with Kisaki that Kyo did after Masquerade? Or was it after him being a roadie for Kuroyume (I think). 

Na, it was like this:

c8FnvlF.png

Edited by Seelentau

I wonder if there is some recordings or at least flyers or any physical remnants of the members former bands like DIE:STERIA, Ruby, Ka.Za.Ri. That would be cool 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

11 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

I wonder if there is some recordings or at least flyers or any physical remnants of the members former bands like DIE:STERIA, Ruby, Ka.Za.Ri. That would be cool 

Absolutely. There are some pics of almost all of the bands, except for Jinkou Tenshi, Kisaragi and cruel, from what I know.

DIE:STERIA: https://vk.gy/artists/die-steria/

CHARM: https://vk.gy/artists/charm/

Ka-za-ri: https://vk.gy/artists/ka-za-ri/

Siva: https://vk.gy/artists/siva-1994/

Ruby: https://vk.gy/artists/ruby/

GOSICK: https://vk.gy/artists/gosick/

D+L: https://vk.gy/artists/d-l/

@chipathy @Milayou I'll take those reactions as compliments, thank you :D

But it's really just dates and events that are almost all available to the public via magazines, collected in one place.

The really important parts are the white spaces in that timeline. :D

Found a playlist of a bunch of Gesshoku demos on youtube. These are new to me, so I apologise if they're well-known.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PX_s88wG_Q&list=PLL-he6VfR4nc-c8MfCjw4CSyGZfjtm9fx

Edit: Some of it is not actually by the right band. Hi @Seelentau

Edited by Nowhere Girl

I could never imagine Metallica (being able to) enjoying Dirus music...but I guess I underestimated them then 😮  lol, James Hetfield at their show, sounds unbelievable to me 🤣

56 minutes ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

I could never imagine Metallica (being able to) enjoying Dirus music...but I guess I underestimated them then 😮  lol, James Hetfield at their show, sounds unbelievable to me 🤣

I never been able to like Metalica tbh. I only like a few songs but that's it. 

17 hours ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

I find that a bit hard to believe as well. Not just that I wouldn't have thought they'd be into Dir, but the fact that any of the members would go to a show? Seriously? I also have not seen any photo/video evidence of this, which I'm almost certain there would have been. Hardly like either band are shy around cameras, and Dir basically documenting every tour overseas they do. But if there is, then throw it this way.

6 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

I find that a bit hard to believe as well. Not just that I wouldn't have thought they'd be into Dir, but the fact that any of the members would go to a show? Seriously? I also have not seen any photo/video evidence of this, which I'm almost certain there would have been. Hardly like either band are shy around cameras, and Dir basically documenting every tour overseas they do. But if there is, then throw it this way.

Metallica and dir en grey both played at rock am ring 2006, source is toshiyas recent interview

19 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

James Hetfield wouldn't just be hanging out with the rest of the crowd, he would have been on the side of the stage or in the stands at the Gramercy.

He was at the November 11th show, 2009, at the Gramercy. I was there, I didn't see Hetfield; but on the 14th I saw a surprising amount of Japanese businessmen there. Probably label execs or something, so it would definitely make sense Hetfield would also be in attendance a few days prior since he was in town for a gig at MSG.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-frontman-attends-dir-en-grey-concert-in-new-york-city/

Edited by geist
autism

Acoustic Dozing Green is G R E A T. Probably my favorite 'unplugged' they've done (not that there's all that many)

I'm kinda amused by the fact they chose to finish this album chapter with... a song that doesn't sound anything like it lol. Yeah their first post-album singles never really sounded like they could fit the previous albums very well so it doesn't really surprises me. I wonder if they're still going to pursue this "proggier" direction (I'm not really talking about song lenghts, but you know, more detailed arrangements, more adventurous song structures, that kind of thing) considering TIW was kinda punkish and they probably feel done with that thing for a while?

I won't lie I had dreams of a full-on prog album by them before lol You know, 5-6 songs, all really long :P 

10 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

I'm kinda amused by the fact they chose to finish this album chapter with... a song that doesn't sound anything like it lol. Yeah their first post-album singles never really sounded like they could fit the previous albums very well so it doesn't really surprises me. I wonder if they're still going to pursue this "proggier" direction (I'm not really talking about song lenghts, but you know, more detailed arrangements, more adventurous song structures, that kind of thing) considering TIW was kinda punkish and they probably feel done with that thing for a while?

I won't lie I had dreams of a full-on prog album by them before lol You know, 5-6 songs, all really long :P 

I disagree somewhat only because after the central heavy section, we get programmed sounds that are reminiscent to the beginning and ending of Ranunculus. This song is sure as hell not a "leftover" -- a trendy phrase thrown around with little meaning -- but it's a very clear continuation of what they built on in The Insulated World, without a doubt. This song has more in common with the likes of 絶縁体 than anything else; but it's more complex, it's richer in sound and musical development.