Spike760

Dir en grey

18 hours ago, Seelentau said:

骨の髄 hone no zui means "marrow of a bone". "ido" could be anything. Could be "idou", too.

But I'm fairly certain he isn't singing that specific word, it just sounds to me as if.

But he definitely sings something right when the PENG happens. "Hone no zui ??? PENG kara - GOD GOD GOD G-O-D".

Thing is, as I said, the XX in the band score come after the "kara", so it might be "Hone no zui kara PENG ???a - GOD GOD GOD G-O-D".

I think we are getting pretty close. It's either 骨の髄の移動から (hone no zui no idou kara) or if you go by the booklet 骨の髄から移動か (hone no zui kara idou ka). Like someone else said, Kyo's enunciation sucks and makes this harder. Does the second one make any more sense if the two X's are supposed to be two words?

I'm absolutely unsure if it's "idou", though. It could be anything, the PENG at the same moment makes it only harder.

We're probably never going to find out^^

3 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

I'm absolutely unsure if it's "idou", though. It could be anything, the PENG at the same moment makes it only harder.

We're probably never going to find out^^

That's true. It could also be "ito". I don't think there are that many words it could be, but I wouldn't be able to say which one it is most likely to be. Are there any other cases of censorship like this in Dir en grey's discography other than Mazohyst?

anybody know how many dir en grey songs are about abortion? 

for some reason whenever im going to through the comment sections of dir en grey songs on YouTube i always come across at least one comment which reads how the above song is about abortion. 

From what i know only one of their song is about abortion which was 'mazohyst of decadence'.

3 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

for some reason whenever im going to through the comment sections of dir en grey songs on YouTube i always come across at least one comment which reads how the above song is about abortion. 

From what i know only one of their song is about abortion which was 'mazohyst of decadence'.

Off the top of my head, 'Mazohyst of Decadence' and 'OBSCURE'

On 4/10/2019 at 2:27 AM, FOSCOR70 said:

I believe "Different Sense" is another one about abortion

2 hours ago, Joel said:

Don't know why, but reading this made me remember "Inconvenient Ideal" is another song about abortion. Forgot to mention that one earlier. How is Different Sense about abortion?

2 hours ago, Joel said:

I'm not sure what you're basing this on, their marketing for that single (scream for t3h truth!111 tila tequila appearances on kaoru talk show with the evidence of flat earth 5D shift etc) was centered around fukushima afternath and japanese govnmt doing the least about it, see here http://www.direngrey.co.jp/en/?page_id=52

i think mazohyst of decadence is probably about abortion too but i'm not sure

19 hours ago, Zeus said:

Don't know why, but reading this made me remember "Inconvenient Ideal" is another song about abortion. Forgot to mention that one earlier. How is Different Sense about abortion?

I've always been told the song is about abortion and after looking at the lyrics I could see why people say that, especially after watching the music video. Looking back on it now the only lines that stuck out to me in terms of talking about abortion are "The arguing and the intimacy of the assembled" "Starving for euthanasia" and "What is so pure about pushing them around?". Other than that, after seeing @nekkichi's post I have realized that I am most likely wrong.

On 4/14/2019 at 4:01 AM, Seelentau said:

I mean Tsumi to Batsu is about child rape, so I guess that's an odd one out? xD

Has anyone ever noticed that they re-recorded GARDEN for the Kaede VHS?

Yeah and it sounds lower quality for some reason.

I'm thinking of getting the TOUR12-13 IN SITU-TABULA RASA DVD. Is it any good? I've heard there are no subtitles for the documentary sections. If I know virtually no Japanese, is it even worth the purchase?

Edited by Nowhere Girl

I dunno if it would be if you're looking specifically for the documentary footage, but the performances per se are absolutely glorious and they contain some of Kyo's best live singing to date (the "Rinkaku" performance is probably his best live performance if you ask me). He was absolutely on fire between late 2012 (after they returned from the little hiatus) and mid to late 2013. It's one of my favorite live releases by them.

On 5/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, Nowhere Girl said:

I'm thinking of getting the TOUR12-13 IN SITU-TABULA RASA DVD. Is it any good? I've heard there are no subtitles for the documentary sections. If I know virtually no Japanese, is it even worth the purchase?

I'd say it's worth getting, live stuff is pretty awesome and to be honest I enjoyed the documentary, actually don't remember if there were subs or not but if there weren't I can't remember enjoying it any less because of that. But I do actually understand a little Japanese, so dunno if that would have been why. But yeah I'd say it's worth a look if you're into your Dir. 👍

Sunday, (July 28th 2019, Japan Standard Time), is Gauze's 20th Anniversary! :D

Will spin the album to celebrate :D

The deeper vileness rerecording on TIW makes me want a marrow of a bone rerecording so much. It might not turn out better but I think it would make a really interesting listen more than rerecording any of their other stuff.

I wish that instead of the From Depression to... Tour, for their 20 years anniversary they remastered their whole catalogue (maybe not all of them, at least the pre-Uroboros stuff). 

BTW I think their remakes only "work" for heavier and faster songs. JMO everytime they tried remaking one of their more emotional mid-tempo songs ("The Final", "Kasumi", "Wake"), they ended up half-assing it and killing all the rawer emotion the originals had. I'd rather have them not touching "Conceived Sorrow", "The Pledge" or "Namamekashiki", those are some of my favorite songs by them because they hit me right in the feels and I wouldn't enjoy if they changed those (of course I could hear just the originals then, but they also "replace" the versions live and stop playing the old ones :( )

10 hours ago, kuyashii said:

I think their remakes only "work" for heavier and faster songs. JMO everytime they tried remaking one of their more emotional mid-tempo songs ("The Final", "Kasumi", "Wake"), they ended up half-assing it and killing all the rawer emotion the originals had.

Undecided and Bottom of the Death Valley would like to have a word with you.

Also, the remake of Wake is excellent.

I'm also of the opinion above that all the heavier stuff is at the very least funny to have around, whereas the lighter remakes of everything but Undecided I can't stand. The amount of songs from them that I just won't listen to is not great and it's mostly the remakes like Kasumi, Wake, Final and then also Obscure from the heavier ones.