Spike760

Dir en grey

Sure but they did DSS at Nippon Budokan and then Mode of DSS like 2 years later.

I know they played some Missa and Six Ugly songs but I don’t think they played all of them.

I don't think they want to play all songs from Missa xD

and wasn't the Mode of tours their way of celebrating their anniversary or something? They will do another Arche show eventually ( they did with Uroboros during the DSS era) but i doubt them or any of us really are in a hurry for that. Most of Arche was played during the Mode of tours anyways.  

Original Karma, Aoitsuki and Byou""Shin were played in 2017, the others haven't been played in a looong time. "S" was played once in 2004, the others haven't been played since 2001 and original Kiri to Mayu was only ever played in 1997, from what I know.

From six Ugly, they played all songs in 2016, except for children in 2017 and Byou""Shin not at all.

:]

Edited by Seelentau

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Original Karma, Aoitsuki and Byou""Shin were played in 2017, the others haven't been played in a looong time. "S" was played once in 2004, the others haven't been played since 2001 and original Kiri to Mayu was only ever played in 1997, from what I know.

From six Ugly, they played all songs in 2016, except for children in 2017 and Byou""Shin not at all.

:]

Haven't they played Byou""Shin during Mode of TMOAB?

hey does anybody here have any idea about what kind of public image does dir en grey have in japan?

i somehow stumbled upon this official advertisement video about diru's 28 single while randomly searching diru videos on YouTube....

im totally dumbstruck....this kinda ad dosnt suit deg at all lol or are they actually  so fking popular in japan that even little kids knows about them? which i dont find nice as some of their pv should never be seen by little kids like if i saw that obscure vid while i was 12 damn i would have some real scary nightmares....im talking about thier ero-goru stuff.

And if possible could anybody be kind enough to translate wtf are they saying in the vid?

Edited by FOSCOR70

38 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

「an average manchild」 

My new VK band name, copyrighted it already. Thanks. :D

2 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

hey does anybody here have any idea about what kind of public image does dir en grey have in japan?

i somehow stumbled upon this official advertisement video about diru's 28 single while randomly searching diru videos on YouTube....

im totally dumbstruck....this kinda ad dosnt suit deg at all lol or are they actually  so fking popular in japan that even little kids knows about them? which i dont find nice as some of their pv should never be seen by little kids like if i saw that obscure vid while i was 12 damn i would have some real scary nightmares....im talking about thier ero-goru stuff.

DEG is random, I guess. Punk philosophy run high sksksksksk

Utafumi had some fun commercials... remember this one? :D 

It seems they went all-out with promoting that one single, lol. Haven't seen similar commercials for their other recent-ish stuff.

Edited by Jigsaw9

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Utafumi had some fun commercials... remember this one? :D 

uhh..Huh?!!.....ahhh!!!!!!ARHGHG.....

*speechless*

4 hours ago, LIDL said:

My new VK band name, copyrighted it already. Thanks. :D

you're always welcome beloved, can't wait to read your expanded opinions on how exactly this band should proceed with obligatory anniversary remasters of their visual-era albums x

The promos for Vestige of Scratches had those weird animated shorts featuring creatures that represented the band. 

Also, I work with several Japanese people and none of them have even heard of Dir en grey. They’re mostly familiar with L’arc and X Japan though. 

Yeah my gf is Japanese but she mostly just listens to American pop music, although she had at least heard of DEG before we met. The only VK she listens to is L’arc and hide I think. I have one Japanese friend who listens to metal so he knows them but the rest of my Japanese friends have never heard of them. Strangely a lot of karaoke places in Japan have their music, I like going with a group of people and seeing their reaction to me singing Different Sense or something lol. I can try to translate that commercial later when I have time.

Edited by Kelrya