Spike760

Dir en grey

Thanks. Garden is clearly different between the two versions though so I’m wondering which was released first. The strange thing is that the video version sounds like a demo version to me productions wise and the vocals are a bit rougher sounding as well despite releasing after the Missa version.

5 hours ago, Kaye said:

Not really. It just felt like he was trying too hard to be cool and awesome in comparison to the times I've seen them before! The whole hair-waving thing doesn't help much for me. :D But yeah, I'm not hating or anything. It made me laugh more than anything.

I remember his hair flowing about when I saw them ten years ago! There was a point around the DSS era where he cut it shorter, so maybe that’s why it wasn’t as noticeable. 

51 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I remember his hair flowing about when I saw them ten years ago! There was a point around the DSS era where he cut it shorter, so maybe that’s why it wasn’t as noticeable. 

It's mostly been flowy indeed, but right now it was just more the whole package of his poses + the really long hair atm going everywhere. Seen them about 6 times since the Dozing Green Tour in 2007 so I've seen a few hairstyles pass I guess? He's definitely had it shorter than it is now during that time. And I guess styles do a lot as well, since they look somewhat different for every single tour anyway.

Which reminds me, it feels like Kaoru is de-aging or something. Must be the cut + blue in his hair.

Edited by Kaye

8 hours ago, Kaye said:

Which reminds me, it feels like Kaoru is de-aging or something. Must be the cut + blue in his hair.

Whenever I see pictures of Kaoru these days I cannot help but think that he has some type of midlife crisis 😂

I much prefer him with brown hair. His blue hair is okay, his blonde hair was....let’s not talk about his blonde hair 😂

I think he looks the best he has in years. The bright dyed hair may be strange on a 40 something year old but he’s in a VK band and it looks fine on him imo. Mostly I’m glad he shaved that awful chin beard thing he had for so long.

cant wait until all the members collectively decide to go bald tbh, we need that happy hardcore aesthetic

Edited by Tokage

Midlife crisis is not a thing, hunties. It's only in the mind.

If ayumi hamasaki, madonna and cher are allowed to change their image ever so often so can male musicians tbh. No taboo.

Shinya or Die agreeing to going bald? Not in a hundred years, people 😂

Kyo might though. I can totally see that happening.

Talking about the band members’ progressing age: how many years do you think they will stay together as a band? Any assumptions?

1 minute ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

Shinya or Die agreeing to going bald? Not in a hundred years, people 😂

Kyo might though. I can totally see that happening.

Talking about the band members’ progressing age: how many years do you think they will stay together as a band? Any assumptions?

tumblr_pgn4x8WjwF1r8v91fo1_1280.png

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Speaking of acting too cool, this fucker needs shades to eat breakfast. 

so a glass of what appears to be red wine for breakfast doesn't raise questions from The Monochromians, but a stylistic choice did that? interesting

I kind of dig the Yoshiki thing. Dude's having steak and fries with his 朝食 too, no fucks to give. Check out that huge thing of ketchup.

Unless it's fruit punch or something.

I agree with the yoshiki thing. Just talked to a friend about that. Let's just hope he won't film some documentary called I am Dir en Grey which is actually not about his band but just about him, and has no value whatsoever.

3 hours ago, nekkichi said:

so a glass of what appears to be red wine for breakfast doesn't raise questions from The Monochromians, but a stylistic choice did that? interesting

It looks like steak with fries and ketchup, with a glass of red wine on the side. Doubt this is breakfast and if it is then... you do you, Shinya!

Drinking wine with breakfast isn’t that odd. Having steak for breakfast isn’t odd either. And he says he had a “hotel breakfast” in the post.

9 hours ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

Let's just hope he films some documentary series called "I am Dir en Grey Saviour THE OG VISUAL KEI LEGEND — your favs can't relate x 」" which is actually not about his band but just about him and his relationship with チェブラーシカ, and has more value than the band's actual music output past 2006.

preach mama loving-this-concept.gif

I wonder if/when they'll do a Mode of Arche tour/DVD and whether it will be before or after TIW Live at Budokan. Even though it's highly unlikely I'd really like to see a Mode of Missa (hopefully including the other pre-Gauze stuff) a Mode of Six Ugly (more likely but still not very likely) and a Mode of The Unraveling (again not that likely since like the other two it's also an EP and this one is comprised almost entirely of remakes but it would still be cool). I feel like they'll do an Arche one eventually but they seem to be focused on TIW for now which makes sense.

Well there’s already Arche at Nippon Budokan from 2016 that has two shows where they play Arche in its entirety.  I’m assuming the Mode stuff is over. Missa and Six Ugly songs were incorporated into the other Mode tours, so those aren’t likely either.