Spike760

Dir en grey

Yup, look here: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/dir-en-grey-43d6c33b.html

Fun fact: MACABRE is their least-played official song (aside of the three indies live songs). It always surprises me when fans think or wish they'd play it, especially overseas.

They've also played Ware, Yami tote... only 18 times, which I find very surprising, considering that it's one of the best tracks off of UROBOROS.

4 hours ago, Bear said:

The hightlight of a 90 minute long concert was one if the band members' "wawing hair"? Sounds like a terrific fucking concert indeed.

You're only saying that because you'e ever witnessed it. It's absolutely fabulous. 

But in all seriousness: that was a joke, come on.

@Seelentau I was on the right (Die's Side) in front of the mixer. So I was not exactly in the back, but not close to the front either. There might be some air verding underneath the mic stands and Die just decides to go there more often to wave his hair around like all of the other members. But I can't be the only one who's noticed, he seems to be quiet proud of his hair...where the air comes from, however...will forever remain a mystery, I guess ;D

How about you? Where were you in the crowd?

Edited by AwesomeNyappy

1 hour ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

@Seelentau I was on the right (Die's Side) in front of the mixer. So I was not exactly in the back, but not close to the front either. There might be some air verding underneath the mic stands and Die just decides to go there more often to wave his hair around like all of the other members. But I can't be the only one who's noticed, he seems to be quiet proud of his hair...where the air comes from, however...will forever remain a mystery, I guess ;D

How about you? Where were you in the crowd?

I was in front of Shinya, in the middle of the crowd. Right where two of the tallest people stood, obstructing my view lots of times.

But you can actually see my right arm on Toshiya's instagram picture :D

Edited by Seelentau

8 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Where were you located in the crowd? I was right behind that girl who growled Kyokyokyo a couple times. In front of Shinya, in the middle of the pack. Didn't see or catch anything this time, was hoping for a second drum stick. :D

And I wondered about Die's hair as well, how is he doing that? Are there vents in his mic stand?

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

I was in front of Shinya, in the middle of the crowd. Right where two of the tallest people stood, obstructing my view lots of times.

But you can actually see my right arm on Toshiya's instagram picture :D

I was probably veeeery close to you then. Actually got behind two very tall dudes (they basically looked like twins?) as well but moved around with the moshpit's side from time to time.😛 The Kyokyokyo girl got on my nerves though (and some of the other ones absolutely disregarding everyone near because they wanted to just dance and jump and mosh whether there was space or not). Also, did you mention you had to wait 70min? Website said Diru started playing at 8 though! (though they were late anyway...)

Nothing will ever beat the 2007 Dozing Green gig for me but this was one hell of a gig as well. Kyo was great as usual and I finally realized I actually do quite like Toshiya. (Die can drop his whole poser act though, pls)

Edited by Kaye

Yeah, the twins with beards and no hair, right? They were next to me on the right, in front of me was the tall girl with red hair and left to her was the Kyokyokyo girl. While we waited for the show to start, someone sat down right behind me. And over the course of the concert, of course the crowd moved a lot, but sadly I didn't manage to get further towards the stage. Couldn't grab anything either, didn't even see Kaoru's picks due to the lighting.

1 minute ago, Seelentau said:

Yeah, the twins with beards and no hair, right? They were next to me on the right, in front of me was the tall girl with red hair and left to her was the Kyokyokyo girl. While we waited for the show to start, someone sat down right behind me. And over the course of the concert, of course the crowd moved a lot, but sadly I didn't manage to get further towards the stage. Couldn't grab anything either, didn't even see Kaoru's picks due to the lighting.

Ah! We were right behind those seated just before the concert started, and then moved to the left of the kyokyokyo girl so it's very possible I was right next to you at some point. The twins (if we're talking about the same dudes with the same tourshirts on) ended up in the pit near the end as well and ended to my left side. I was right in-between the pit and the people staying put for most of the gig!

28 minutes ago, Kaye said:

Nothing will ever beat the 2007 Dozing Green gig for me but this was one hell of a gig as well. Kyo was great as usual and I finally realized I actually do quite like Toshiya. (Die can drop his whole poser act though, pls)

Me too! Was never a big Toshiya fan, but he left an impression on me. 

I find Die's "poser" act pretty hilarious tbh (probably not what he was going for), and I never want it to stop :D

It's super funny that you two were standing so close to each other!

I was standing way more in the back for once, but that was okay. I arrived quite late (because deutsche bahn), and the queue was already waaaaay too long. But I met some super nice people that I ended up spending the concert with, so I'm actually glad I was so late haha.

2 minutes ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

Me too! Was never a big Toshiya fan, but he left an impression on me. 

I find Die's "poser" act pretty hilarious tbh (probably not what he was going for), and I never want it to stop :D

It's super funny that you two were standing so close to each other!

I was standing way more in the back for once, but that was okay. I arrived quite late (because deutsche bahn), and the queue was already waaaaay too long. But I met some super nice people that I ended up spending the concert with, so I'm actually glad I was so late haha.

Die's act is borderline cringe tbh. It's just too much. :D

We got in really late too tbh. We knew they were starting at 8 and I think we got there little after half past 7. I don't even know what queue you're talking about! I'm used to going to metalcore gigs and such so we just made our way through the crowd/pit as usual heheh :)

Oh no, i was talking about the queue outside (which did not exist at half past 7 anymore). I was there at around six. I also queued for the toilet, the wardrobe and the merch booth, so there were already lots of people standing there. So we also made our way through some people to find a good spot, but it was so crowded already that we did not want to move in further to annoy people (I'm also used to concerts where things are different, but I wasn't sure about the way diru fans would take that.)

But I was actually quite satisfied with where I was because I had sooo much space. I could jump around and headbang, it was super fun!

About Die: I also find it crinchy af, but for me, that's the fun of it (or maybe I'm just too magnetised by his wavy hair, who knows lol).

1 minute ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

Oh no, i was talking about the queue outside (which did not exist at half past 7 anymore). I was there at around six. I also queued for the toilet, the wardrobe and the merch booth, so there were already lots of people standing there. So we also made our way through some people to find a good spot, but it was so crowded already that we did not want to move in further to annoy people (I'm also used to concerts where things are different, but I wasn't sure about the way diru fans would take that.)

But I was actually quite satisfied with where I was because I had sooo much space. I could jump around and headbang, it was super fun!

About Die: I also find it crinchy af, but for me, that's the fun of it (or maybe I'm just too magnetised by his wavy hair, who knows lol). 

Aha, yeah, assumed you mentioned that queue! But I didn't see any of that indeed. We queued for the merch for a bit for my friends but that went fairly easy too.

I get the feeling of "not wanting to annoy" people but at the same time it's not like we pushed our way through (wouldn't do that since I don't like that myself either). Just used the open bits in-between people before the gig started and then went along with the movement of the crowd as soon as it did start. I was a bit uncertain as well at first since it's the first time I saw Diru in Germany but in London or Paris it hasn't ever really been an issue. Don't remember much of Utrecht years ago but that was a boring crowd back then anyway.

As long as you were happy where you were it's all fine, isn't it? :D Everyone has their own gig habits anyway.

15 minutes ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

Oh no, i was talking about the queue outside (which did not exist at half past 7 anymore). I was there at around six.

Did you hear the guy who pulled out a box and played Dir en grey in the queue outside?

His hair floating around was a little bit too much at some times, it was like a show in its own, but i didnt think he acted strange/cringy at all? He looked tired and "old" (well, probl. still looks good for his age?). The one acting like hes the most cool dude in the universe was Kaoru.

12 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Did you hear the guy who pulled out a box and played Dir en grey in the queue outside?

And cringy sang to those Wtd songs? That wasnt you, right?

13 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Nope. was that you? :D

@filth_y Did kaoru do that thing again where he puts his two fists in the air? I did not see much of him, but i remember him doing that in the past. 

And I agree, we should all leave Die alone. He just wants to be fabulous, ok? ;D

1 hour ago, filth_y said:

And cringy sang to those Wtd songs? That wasnt you, right?

1 hour ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

Nope. was that you? :D

No, I was right behind him. His whole demeanour was so weird, can't even really describe it. Maybe it was because of his girlfriend, but I think he absolutely wanted to appear as super cool, but only came off as condescending.

But I met some nice people after the concert, so that cancelled each other out, I guess. :D

17 hours ago, Saishu said:

Die’s poser act? Did I miss something?

Not really. It just felt like he was trying too hard to be cool and awesome in comparison to the times I've seen them before! The whole hair-waving thing doesn't help much for me. :D But yeah, I'm not hating or anything. It made me laugh more than anything.

Did 「楓」~if trans…~ ever have a CD release (or any audio format for that matter)? I’d like to add it to my digital collection but it seems there are no legit mp3s of it. I might just have to rip the YouTube videos or something.

Edit: I found a mediafire link with some shitty 128kbps mp3s; that’s probably the best I’m gonna get if there was really only a VHS release. It would be really cool if they remastered some of their old rarities.

Btw, does anyone know which was recorded first between the Missa and「 楓」~if trans…~ versions of Garden and Kiri to Maui/Sangeki no Yoru? I think I prefer the vocal melody during the chorus on the Missa version (probably because it’s the version I heard first so Kyo sounds kind of out of key in the video version). I think the tempo of Garden is slightly faster in the Missa version too. Despite releasing first in 1997 (versus 1998 for the video versions) I feel like the Missa versions were probably recorded more recently because they sound more polished. Also because of the whole story of how Kyo was apparently forced to rewrite the lyrics to Sangeki no Yoru which resulted in Kiri to Mayu.

Edited by Kelrya

Karma was released as a digital version in 2008 or 2009, but you could only get it via the band's Utafull website, which is super-old and mobile only.

Maybe TNP has a rip of the VHS.

Regarding the story behind KtM and SnY, the latter's lyrics were written first, but a day before recording, Kyo was asked to change the lyrics.

Regarding GARDEN, I'm not sure if those ar  actually two different versions. It's not like SnY and Karma, that were forced on the kaede VHS, after all. But I can tell you that the PV was recorded in May 1997 (although I can't find my source for that right now, I think it was because of the same location and outfits?).

Oh and kaede was initially released in December 1997. :)