Spike760

Dir en grey

Oh I had no idea what that was supposed to be. I had a bootleg of that album for the longest time so I thought it was a pressing error. I was really surprised later when I heard it on the real pressing too.

29 minutes ago, StriderSubzero said:

Oh I had no idea what that was supposed to be. I had a bootleg of that album for the longest time so I thought it was a pressing error. I was really surprised later when I heard it on the real pressing too.

The exact same sound effect is played live too. 

How long were the concerts until now? I heard conflicting lengths, from 90 minutes to as long as 2h30m. I mean, it's just one band, so it shouldn't be much longer than 90 minutes, right? If nothing happens, of course. But this tour seems to be kinda cursed ._.

Yup, but someone told me that at all previous concerts, they took 30 minutes to take the stage and 30 minutes between the main set and the encore...

But it's fine anyway, got all problems solved ^_^

6 hours ago, Seelentau said:

How long were the concerts until now? I heard conflicting lengths, from 90 minutes to as long as 2h30m. I mean, it's just one band, so it shouldn't be much longer than 90 minutes, right? If nothing happens, of course. But this tour seems to be kinda cursed ._.

Smashing Pumpkins played 3 hour shows during their summer reunion tour, and they’re all in their 50s. DEG needs to step their game up. 

Munich's setlist:

• New SE
  • 詩踏み
  • 腐海
  • Ash
  • Revelation of mankind
  • 理由
  • Devote My Life
  • 軽蔑と始まり
  • 輪郭
  • THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB
  • Ranunculus
  • 人間を被る
  • Values of Madness
  • THE IIID EMPIRE
  • Beautiful Dirt
  •  
  • 鼓動
  • Sustain the untruth
  • 羅刹国
  • Ranunculus (PV)

So yeah... I don't expect anything special for tomorrow. The London show was the odd-one-out, it seems.

On 10/17/2018 at 12:51 PM, Saishu said:

Demos are from the second disc in the edition that came with DSS on vinyl. There’s an entirely different Decayed Crow remix by Kyo on that one. The 9 minute droning static version by Narasaki is on the third disc of the DSS at Budokan DVD. 

I believe Euro and NA releases of DSS had Rasetsukoku and symphonic Amon as bonus tracks. 

I see, I guess I just had the regular NA bonus tracks. This Decayed Crow remix by Kyo is a lot better than the Narasaki one. I love DEG at their most aggressive and abrasive (like the original Decayed Crow) but that Narasaki remix is barely even music.

On 10/17/2018 at 1:19 PM, Seelentau said:

1. I think that the song's title refers to the Third Reich, but there's no official confirmation, as far as I'm aware.

2. The two demo songs come from disc 2 of DUM SPIRO SPERO, only included with the LP box version.

3. I think kyotaku would be the best to ask, on tumblr.

4. I have no idea, he never got back to me either, so I guess he's over the whole DEG stuff.

1. I figured that it referred to that, but it seems strange that, at least from what I’ve seen, Japanese fans almost always write the title of that song as “第三帝國” even though they use the official name (or at least an abbreviation or katakana writing like “サステイン/Sasutein” for Sustain the untruth for example) for every other English-titled song. It leads me to believe that “第三帝國” must have been used officially in some capacity in Japan to become so ubiquitous among fans. It’s not a big deal but I just have a nerdy interest in finding the answer haha.

2. Thanks.

3. Thank you, I sent her a message. 

4. It’s so strange how he disappeared, I always appreciated how he uploaded all the rare singles and stuff that were really hard to come by in good quality outside of paying ridiculous amounts of money on eBay or something. Even if he doesn’t want to do rips anymore I wish he’d check in once in a while because the way he disappeared makes me sad. I think he started to get overwhelmed and felt like he owed the community something when most people were just grateful for his contributions and like talking to him.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:43 PM, EzraEroguro said:

I hate the cicada noise in that song.

It’s supposed to be a cicada? Lol it just sounds like a buzzer or an old kitchen timer or something. Cicada would at least connect to an insect theme with the song being named after fireflies. If that’s what it’s supposed to be you think they’d upgrade the sound effect for live performances.

Yup, today was packed. Didn't see shit because of a girl that actually managed to be taller than me, which is a rare occurrence.

The setlist was as boring as expected, but BEELZEBUB is something everyone should experience once. Also, no Sustain, yay.

But! We had to wait 70 minutes for the band to start. 30 minutes into that, they suddenly began working around the drums, no clue why. The sound was alright, I think, but as I said, I dont have ears for that.

In conclusion: The tour shouldve been named "Waiting to begin" and Berlin 2015 was better. Mainly because of the visuals during Rinkaku.

Oh, but Kyo's growls are absolutely bonkers. He delivered on KtH.

Edited by Seelentau

I agree with you! The set list was okay, beelzebub was a highlight though.

I did not expect “wake”, which was a pleasant surprise!

They did have some problems with shinya’s drums, but in general everything went quite smooth. The show was quite powerful, Kyos growls A+, and the visuals were great.

My personal highlight: Die’s long, waving hair. (why is it that there only seems to be some air wending on his side of the stage? 😂)

25 minutes ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

I agree with you! The set list was okay, beelzebub was a highlight though.

I did not expect “wake”, which was a pleasant surprise!

They did have some problems with shinya’s drums, but in general everything went quite smooth. The show was quite powerful, Kyos growls A+, and the visuals were great.

My personal highlight: Die’s long, waving hair. (why is it that there only seems to be some air wending on his side of the stage? 😂)

Where were you located in the crowd? I was right behind that girl who growled Kyokyokyo a couple times. In front of Shinya, in the middle of the pack. Didn't see or catch anything this time, was hoping for a second drum stick. :D

And I wondered about Die's hair as well, how is he doing that? Are there vents in his mic stand?

4 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

And I wondered about Die's hair as well, how is he doing that? Are there vents in his mic stand?

In Munich they simply had several large fans on stage, they must've hidden them at the Köln concert or smth^^

THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB performance was just incredible. That was the only time during the concert i totally forgot everything else and just stared at kyos face on the screen. That was one of the best live performances i've ever seen in hundreds of concerts.

Im interested how new songs like 軽蔑と始まり, Devote My Life sound with a good setup live in Japan. Yesterday i was dissapointed the songs sounded so flat and boring (i really ike them on CD). Overall some songs didnt sound good live (another example: Phenomenon), but that might be due to the setup - but others sounded great, so might be a problem of the song itself? I felt Values of Madness was one of the new songs most people enjoyed live. Ranunculus, 人間を被る, 詩踏み were great live, i wished they wouldve played  the new THE DEEPER VILENESS or EASY MAKE,EASY MARK (did they ever play this live somewhere?).

Sure, Die's さらさらhair was flaoting around like crazy, but to me he looked so tired and constantly out of breath after the 2nd song. Toshiya's really the one trying to get the audience pumped all the time, his stage presence is so important imo.

Other than that, many of the fans visiting are still so cringy, however i felt it was better than 2015. More aggressive people tho this time, especially one tall dude. Still shocked how he just bodykicked little girls on his way to the front 10 minutes before the live starts without giving 0 fucks when people try to make him apologize.

Shoutout to the girl with the "Thank you" sign at the end. Only time i felt Kyo looked truly suprised after seeing that one and pointing to it with a smile.

5 minutes ago, filth_y said:

EASY MAKE,EASY MARK (did they ever play this live somewhere?).

I doubt it. I don’t think they play cover songs at their own lives.