Spike760

Dir en grey

I love Uroko but it always sounds bad live. Kyo sings the wrong melody and there is no rhythm guitar during the solo so it just sounds weird.

I still have to listen to the new songs. I was waiting for the German release, but read the date wrong. It’s actually coming out after the concert. Might download the songs on amazon and listen to them on the way to cologne.

I feel lucky now, the only thing that went wrong in the Helsinki show was the backround display crashing during Rinkaku, otherwise everything was good, especially the blossoming belsebub performance.  I really wanted Uroko instead of Phenomenon, but after your guys comments about it Im happy with what we got lol.

As far as I could tell, the technical issues they had were:

• terrible feedback on Kyo's mic and Die's guitar during Devote My Life
  • Die's guitar was really out of sync with the others, especially overpowering Kaoru's during Phenomenon
  • someone spotted Toshiya raising his hand to signal he had some problems at one point

But despite all the stopping, starting and frustratingly long wait for both the band and the audience, it was obvious the guys really wanted to play the gig. The first half was solidly good music with the band loving every minute of it, head banging and (Kaoru's awkward) dancing throughout. And when they finally came back having solved all the syncing problems, they got rid of the video backdrop and gave their rawest, most intense performance. The whole place was totally rocking.

And what a killer setlist! 

6 hours ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

I still have to listen to the new songs. I was waiting for the German release, but read the date wrong. It’s actually coming out after the concert. Might download the songs on amazon and listen to them on the way to cologne.

The release date appears to have been pushed back to the 26th. But the album will be available at the German shows for around 15€.

3 hours ago, Seelentau said:

The release date appears to have been pushed back to the 26th. But the album will be available at the German shows for around 15€.

Ah, thanks!

yeah, I was wondering about that. I wanted to get my copy yesterday, and read the date and was like: what.

Then I will probably give it a listen on YouTube and buy my real copy there. I have all the original copies of their cds, so I want to get the new one as well (naturally).

51 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

How can you "lose" computer tracks? What does Shinya mean? Can someone explain?

Well, what happens is they leave the computer and hide all around the venue. You have to find them all before midnight though or you'll never get them back. They're sneaky little things and quick too, so I recommend using something like a vacuum cleaner to suck them up or playing trashy rap music to stun them. 

53 minutes ago, libertine said:

I'm guessing that just means they lost read access to the background tracks.  It sounds stupid not to have super rigid failproof processes for playing the tracks and visuals, but apparently that's not how that goes. The impression I got from the Helsinki show is that their setup for everything IT was some roadie with an old Macbook and VLC Player. Based on how many times we saw the cursor and MacOS menu bar on the screen, I'd say the person in charge was probably a high school teacher.

What is this a "POWER POINT " presentation? 🤣🤣

Some of background graphics, and possibly the backing tracks, were nice but this whole losing computer track thing was such shambles that they should just perform without it in the future. It was a much better "live" experience anyway

4 minutes ago, libertine said:

Who knows what it takes. You have to get into the mindset of someone who knows next to nothing about computers and how the smallest thing can snowball into a proper fuckup. Maybe they did try to do a hard reboot and whatever. But instead of the system sorting everything out, the mounting process of your USB stick fails. You try something and now the filesystem is corrupted. Oh no. Your mp3s, mp4s and futanari pics. Everyone one's panicing and breathing down your neck. You don't know what happened or why. What do? You give up and start mentally preparing for what awaits when you return to Japan. A lifetime of cleaning Dynamite Tommy's toilet.

IIRC something like this happened during the GHOUL tour. It's all on the documentary DVD. The guy in charge of video was a huge fuck-up and they basically tell him right there and then that he's fired.

What happened in London was really disappointing, there's no doubt. But I feel that we got a way better show in exchange for the time we spent waiting. While they at first adopted their usual super-cool nonchalant attitude, when the band came back out (after Phenomenon), the show was really intense, with the whole band putting on one of the best performances I've seen in ages. The crowd was also completely into the music. Felt great.

The songs in the second half were back-to-back aggression with no breaks between them; barely even a moment to breathe. As soon as one song ended, the next one began. Intense. I feel like they were trying to squeeze in as many tracks as they possibly could. They played almost until the curfew at 11pm. Great interaction with the audience, members switching sides multiple times, smiles from the band, and huge gratitude when it was all over. Die stayed out the longest, giving a little speech in English about how grateful they were. Kyo looked especially relieved; I think this was probably very stressful for him.

Kyo's look was really interesting. Kind of like a death monk with skull make-up. He was also wearing orange contacts with slit pupils like a snake, and pink paint on his face that showed up only under UV. Die and Toshiya also looked awesome.  x

The venue was okay but the bouncers were morons. People were begging for water and they only handed out a few bottles. We were all really crushed near the front and there was really no way to get out even if we wanted to.

I have a few random questions.

1. I’m guessing Seelantau may know the answer to this although I couldn’t find anything about it on his wiki, but why does the Japanese fandom call THE IIID EMPIRE “第三帝國” (which means the Third Reich or Nazi Germany in Japanese) instead of the normal name? I almost never see Japanese fans use the name THE IIID EMPIRE even though they always use English (or at least katakana) to refer to every other English-titled DEG song. Was it written this way on the Japanese release of Vulgar or something? 

2. Where did all the demo versions of DSS songs come from? IIRC that album leaked but did it leak in a demo form instead of the finished version?

3. I’m planning on going to the 4/4/19 concert in Fukuoka, Japan but it won’t let me buy tickets until next month after the a knot members. How fast do they usually sell out? I think it will probably sell out slower than say Tokyo but I want to be safe. Thanks to whoever can help me out.

4. Oh and what ever happened to that Ninja Panda guy/girl? Lol. Are they okay?

Edited by Kelrya

3 hours ago, Seelentau said:

How can you "lose" computer tracks? What does Shinya mean? Can someone explain?

The Japanese explanation is different in that post for some reason. It says that the “sequence” track (backing track) wouldn’t play. Idk why the English translation makes it sound like they physically lost the tracks lol.

18 minutes ago, Saishu said:

There are demo versions of DSS songs besides the ones on the bonus disc?

Oh so that’s where they are from lol. I guess I don’t have the second disc of DSS, I’ve just seen the demo versions of Akatsuki and Diabolos on YouTube.

Now that I look into it I’m more confused. I thought the deluxe version of DSS just had the Rasetsukoku remake and the symphonic version of Amon. But I checked Seelantau’s wiki and it says the second disc has 10 tracks including those two demos but also ones like acoustic version of Ruten no Tou and the radio static remix of Decayed Crow that I could have sworn weren’t released until years later, I think on the DSS Budokan bonus CD. So which CD were the demos from?

Demos are from the second disc in the edition that came with DSS on vinyl. There’s an entirely different Decayed Crow remix by Kyo on that one. The 9 minute droning static version by Narasaki is on the third disc of the DSS at Budokan DVD. 

I believe Euro and NA releases of DSS had Rasetsukoku and symphonic Amon as bonus tracks. 

Edited by Saishu

1 hour ago, Kelrya said:

I have a few random questions.

1. I’m guessing Seelantau may know the answer to this although I couldn’t find anything about it on his wiki, but why does the Japanese fandom call THE IIID EMPIRE “第三帝國” (which means the Third Reich or Nazi Germany in Japanese) instead of the normal name? I almost never see Japanese fans use the name THE IIID EMPIRE even though they always use English (or at least katakana) to refer to every other English-titled DEG song. Was it written this way on the Japanese release of Vulgar or something? 

2. Where did all the demo versions of DSS songs come from? IIRC that album leaked but did it leak in a demo form instead of the finished version?

3. I’m planning on going to the 4/4/19 concert in Fukuoka, Japan but it won’t let me buy tickets until next month after the a knot members. How fast do they usually sell out? I think it will probably sell out slower than say Tokyo but I want to be safe. Thanks to whoever can help me out.

4. Oh and what ever happened to that Ninja Panda guy/girl? Lol. Are they okay?

1. I think that the song's title refers to the Third Reich, but there's no official confirmation, as far as I'm aware.

2. The two demo songs come from disc 2 of DUM SPIRO SPERO, only included with the LP box version.

3. I think kyotaku would be the best to ask, on tumblr.

4. I have no idea, he never got back to me either, so I guess he's over the whole DEG stuff.