Spike760

Dir en grey

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

Why do people get so radically invested in this band (or bands in general)? They're just some dudes who play music.

my dude you have an entire wiki dedicated to the band, numerous entries at vk.gy that detailed describe members history since the early 90's, occasionally seem to tweet past band members of the members to get info about the dudes, claim to be the 6th member of the band. did i miss anything? 

Oh I see. Well, this forum is not that stalkerish fortunately. Most only cares about the music than the actual fandom part imho.

44 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

my dude you have an entire wiki dedicated to the band, numerous entries at vk.gy that detailed describe members history since the early 90's, occasionally seem to tweet past band members of the members to get info about the dudes, claim to be the 6th member of the band. did i miss anything? 

Yeah, you missed the difference between being interested in a band and their music and being interested in the band members and their personal lives.

I wrote "radically invested" for a reason. Being invested in the band to the point of fetishizing its members is definitely no normal fan behaviour.

Or would you say that wondering if Toshiya was in D+L or GOSICK first is the same kind of interest as wondering if he'd bone me after their show?

And since you're not the first to mention the 6th member thing, it's something the band called their fans in the past, as far as I'm aware.

Besides, it's long gone from my signature.

45 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

People taking photos of band they like, news at 11...

I think it's more about the where, when and how.

Edited by Seelentau

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Man, tumblr-DEG is in uproar about the non-venue "stalker" photos and taking photos at the band's concerts...

Why do people get so radically invested in this band (or bands in general)? They're just some dudes who play music.

There are some really creepy DEG fans on Tumblr that write paragraphs long descriptions of “omg Toshiya-kun made eye contact with me!!!1 I LiVE 4 this Feeling! I’m gonna buy extra merch just 4 u!” and whatnot so it’s pretty ironic. I shit you not this one girl baked a birthday cake for Toshiya and then ate it without him because obviously he doesn’t even know who she is. It was legitimately depressing.

48 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Being invested in the band to the point of fetishizing its members is definitely no normal fan behaviour.

saying this about a vk band seems a tad off base 😉

47 minutes ago, cvltic said:

saying this about a vk band seems a tad off base 😉

Yeah uh, that’s almost literally what the VK fan bases are in general. More than half the live reports I read on blogs barely mention the actual music outside of song titles, and spend several paragraphs describing facial tics, hand gestures, clothing, and how the light glistens off of the individual sweat drops of each member. 

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

I honestly don’t know the answer to this, but are the Japanese fans as creepy and obsessive as the Western ones?

Most definitely. They just have better manners in front of the group at concerts (less weaboo hijinks basically) but the stuff they write about the band on Twitter and whatnot is just as ridiculous. Many of them saying stuff like following DEG is their life’s purpose and writing delusional live reports as if the band members are their irl friends.

Edited by Kelrya

sW1CvFf_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I hid her name because I’m not trying to bully her or anything (this is just one example of an obsessive Japanese fan) but she replies to like every DEG tweet. Her description says “I’ve been in love with Kyo since 2003. I’m the mother of two girls age 9 and 6. Kyo is the best. I’m always thinking of Kyo’s happiness...” blah blah blah... yeah you get the picture. Like 15 posts a day like this sometimes. I do feel bad for people who can’t separate reality and fantasy like this but hopefully she cares about her kids as much as she cares about Kyo. And there are tons of people like this in the Japanese fandom.

I believe Japanese fandom are even worse lmao, as worse as Koreans K-Pop stans. I heard they'd bully and/or physically attack another fan that they get jealous with or something.

7 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Or would you say that wondering if Toshiya was in D+L or GOSICK first is the same kind of interest as wondering if he'd bone me after their show?

like bolded is like the relatable and realistic degree of being invested into this band in 2018 considering you'll probably get it if you try hard enough and throw a vintage 2002 Deg flyer at him at a cologne show or smth (just don't even try it with D+L posters or anything, you'll come off as a possessed creep)

4 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

shinya is cute x

there's...a very LOUD chav yelling out ha name during moscow performance of rinkaku, my piscean fav dragging in trade with literally no real effort her power x

Edited by nekkichi

Anyone here that wants to hang out at the concert in Cologne? Or anyone going there by car? It's my first time attending a concert alone, and frankly, I don't really know what to do with myself. I'm also open to meeting new, interesting and kind people! I'm not an extreme fan, you can safely hang out with me there without suffering some second hand embarrassment. I'm just there to listen to some good music and have fun.

Also, I'm heading to the train station right after the concert. So if someone feels unsafe walking on their own, just ask me!

Edit: I also wanted to sell a Dir en Grey live DVD (5 ugly Kingdom). So if anyone coming to the show in Cologne is interested in that, please PM me :) 

Edited by AwesomeNyappy

London show had three different breaks because of technical issues. It was over half an hour of fans just standing around after the gig started. When the band started playing Phenomenon, it got cut shortly after because of an issue leaving me with a serious case of blue balls :') Kyo threw the mic and walked off stage and a few people were staring at each other with their mouths open.

While they were off stage, the set list got changed and when they finally came back the rest of the set was just their heavier songs since I think they were trying to make up for all the fuck ups by bringing everyone's spirits up. Sustain the Untruth is pretty great live, Uroko not so much.

The band stayed extra on stage throwing water bottles  and doing some fanservice at the end, like Toshiya laying on a box at the front. Shinya looked like he'd rather be anywhere else lol Die and Kaoru stayed the longest, you could tell they felt really bad. Die actually spoke to us in English (I was shook as I had no idea he could) he said something like this "Are we forgiven? We had some problems tonight. I'm sorry. We feel like shit. We hope you enjoyed the show. We love you. We love you very much and we will see you next.... Soon lol"  You could tell how frustrated the band was and how hard they were trying to make up for it, even Kyo in his own way.

At the end though, all was forgiven and the response from the crowd was very positive. 

Today's setlist for those who weren't there:

• SE
  • 詩踏み
  • 腐海
  • Ash
  • 理由
  • 輪郭
  • Devote My Life
  • 軽蔑と始まり
  • Phenomenon (cut short)
  • THE FATAL BELIEVER (In place of THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB)
  • Sustain the untruth (In place of Ranunculus)
  • The inferno (In place of NINGEN WO KABURU)
  • Values of Madness
  • THE ⅢD EMPIRE
  • Beautiful Dirt
  •  
  • (In place of KODOU -> The Final -> Repetition of Hatred)
  • 朔-saku- (In place of Revelation of mankind)
  • C (Unplanned extra performance)
  • 羅刹国
  • SE. Ranunculus piano ver.
Edited by Seelentau