Spike760

Dir en grey

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

Missa, Six Ugly, and Vulgar are the only DEG albums I don’t have first prints of. Was going to seek them out but they don’t seem worth it. 

Yeah, I think the VULGAR 1st press edition just has a mini DVD containing only a censored version of OBSCURE. That video is available in full on AVERAGE PSYCHO, so it's a bit pointless.

Not sure about any differences between MISSA and six Ugly.

12 hours ago, Saishu said:

Why are we assuming my car has a garbage quality system?

12 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Also, CD is better than mp3/aac/whatever every time, unless you're dealing with lossless. 1411.2 kbps is higher than 256 kbps. This is maths. Pure fact.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that your car stereo was bad and I'm sure TIW sounds great on it. I just found it funny that in the context of a) a DEG album and b) listening to it on your car stereo, you would point out the difference between 256kbps and lossless.

Let's be real, in an ABX test, you'd need top tier studio headphones, a completely quiet environment, really well trained hearing and a record with pristine production and you'd still be mostly guessing which is which.

Also, the difference in bitrate does not mean that "1411.2 kbps" sounds five times better than 256 kbps. I mean, I get it, you'd assume it'd be something really noticable when you drop the quality to a fifth of the original but that's not really translatable to how your ear drums and your brain process the sound. Think of it more like flying over a city at 20,000 feet for 3 minutes and pointing out every house that's missing at least half its roof.

Not a perfect metaphor of course, but I think it's a little closer to the reality of the scales and ratios we're talking about here.

Edited by VESSMIER

Honestly, I’m not going to say I have a well trained ear, but it’s trained enough that when I first got an iPod and started ripping CDs, I noticed a drop in sound quality. It wasn’t until years later that I learned Apple had its own lossless format (ALAC) and I was able to change it in the settings. I deleted my entire library and started ripping CDs again ALAC. I’m not able to have as many songs on my iPod as I did before due to the larger file sizes, but it’s been worth it. You lose a lot of subtle more atmospheric sounds with lossy files, but I know the average listener isn’t going to pay much attention to that sort of thing. Perfect example: the ambient noise in the beginning of Tousei became a lot clearer once I re-ripped Arche in ALAC. Before that I wasn’t really hearing it until it got louder right before the guitar comes in. 

And I don’t settle for cheap headphones, which is why I’m so pissed off that I have to settle for these awful Apple buds until my new Sennheisers come in tomorrow. Does Apple’s wireless buds sound like these too? Considering how much they cost I would hope not. 

I’ve got first press Six Ugly and it’s pretty neat. Came with a sticker. 

Also, talking about ultra high quality lossless audio is like Ultra 4K or whatever resolution is at the top these days. After 320kbps/1080p there are diminished returns, due in part to human perception. 

14 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Does Apple’s wireless buds sound like these too?

They’re advertised as being more hi-fi than the standard earbuds but I don’t trust Bluetooth audio at all. Which Sennheisers did you get?

1. Utafumi
2. Fukai
3. Values of Madness
4. Ash
5. Wake
6. Devote My Life
7. Keibetsu to hajimari
8. Ranunculus
9. Phenomenon
10. Rinkaku
11. Ningen wo kaburu
12. Sustain the Untruth
13. THE IIID EMPIRE
14. Beautiful Dirt

Encore

15. THE FINAL
16. The Inferno
17. Rasetsukoku

Setlist A is with THE FATAL BELIEVER, Kodou and Revelation of mankind.
Setlist B is with Phenomenon, THE FINAL and The inferno.

me: that setlist couldn't possibly be any worse

deg: hold my beer

I hope they keep the rotation going and it won't be just the two of these, because than that means I'll get fucking phenomenon instead of fatal believer and final instead of kodou...

4 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Hoping this set changes for the US tour but it’s not bad 

What makes you think that there will be a U.S. tour🤨

I don't remember Kyo ever showed up on interview when they were touring abroad before, it was always the other 4 guys.  Maybe he knows he is the John Lennon in this gig. :D

I think it’s the Family Values dvd where he appears for an interview, but I don’t think he said a word. 

That dvd is embarrassing by the way. There are performances of Kodoku ni Shish and Dead Tree, and at the start of each song there’s a huge roar from the crowd that’s dubbed in. 

My bad, it’s IIID Empire, not Dead Tree. That is one even funnier because Kyo doesn’t sing the “kokkahanei” part as if the dumbfounded 30 people in the audience are going to. 

Edited by Saishu

31 minutes ago, Saishu said:

That dvd is embarrassing by the way. There are performances of Kodoku ni Shish and Dead Tree, and at the start of each song there’s a huge roar from the crowd that’s dubbed in. 

My bad, it’s IIID Empire, not Dead Tree. That is one even funnier because Kyo doesn’t sing the “kokkahanei” part as if the dumbfounded 30 people in the audience are going to. 

After years of first seeing this, I just rewatched this performance on YT now... wowwww that was uncomfortable to sit through. :D 

Edited by Jigsaw9

54 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I think it’s the Family Values dvd where he appears for an interview, but I don’t think he said a word. 

Yeah, the canned roars was... something :D  Their first time at Rock Am Ring were also oozing the same vibe imho, the crowds just dead,  but at least Kyo looked cool with those extensions :D

Edited by LIDL

europe got shafted that setlist is AWFUL LOL

guess i just don't really care for any of those remakes, woulda rather heard all of side b of TIW instead lololol (ranunculus can stay though---ew)

Edited by emmny

5 minutes ago, matthazell said:

lookin like an NA setlist lol

Delete this and PM me your location. 

I've seen them twice here in the states and the setlists have been more "colorful" than what EU is getting now.

Edited by Ro plz

Here's to hoping that kaoru holds up that offer because I doubt Kyo would.  Although he did seem like he enjoyed touring the U.S. a few years back especially when they performed at the House Of Blues. 

Side note: there is a performance of Rasetsukoku on YT and the commentary at the end is random and hilarious AF