Spike760

Dir en grey

3 hours ago, Kelrya said:

If it was up to the band their worst of album would just be a re-release of MISSA

fixed

7 hours ago, Kelrya said:

R to the Core’s intro is great but Kyo’s voice is really obnoxious to the point where it sounds like a joke song.

That's sort of the point, isn't it? It's DEG taking the piss out of themselves musically as well as calling out those fans who turned away when they started going metal. It's a sardonic "fuck you, I can do what I want" tone that I always found to be almost triumphant.

You guys are clownin, the worst DEG tracks are obviously 甘イ右脳、赭イ左脳, 退廃的狂葬, Wish, Diary, Ayatsuri Ningen. Tokage....., like why would they recycled their old sounds, that is counter productive, right?? :D

Edited by LIDL

7 hours ago, Saishu said:

I’m going to make a Worst DEG Songs playlist. 

a DSS, TIW and MOAB medley shuffled around with a help of tarot oracle?

8 hours ago, Kelrya said:

R to the Core’s intro is great but Kyo’s voice is really obnoxious to the point where it sounds like a joke song.

visual kei is knewnstht for its quirky approach to vocals x

8 hours ago, Kelrya said:

Oh yeah and Audrey is pretty boring. That shitty twangy intro is such a buzzkill after the epicness of Macabre.

visual kei is knewstht for including songs entirely written as a token of worship for the older gen of artists x

i cant believe kyo apparently likes david sylvian

2 hours ago, LIDL said:

You guys are clownin, the worst DEG tracks are obviously 甘イ右脳、赭イ左脳, 退廃的狂葬, Wish, Diary, Ayatsuri Ningen. Tokage....., like why would they recycled their old sounds, that is counter productive, right?? :D

I have more problems understanding where this came from tbh :D

2 hours ago, Tokage said:

i cant believe kyo apparently likes david sylvian

His favorite albums are David Sylvian’s Secrets of the Beehive and Bauhaus’s Press the Eject and Give Me the Tape. 

There was also a (Vulgar era?) photoshopt that was reminiscent of the cover of Japan’s Tin Drum. 

22 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

I have more problems understanding where this came from tbh :D

I was doing some humor, if you ever heard GRIEVA songs, you'd understand. :P

Please, settle your disputes via PMs or face the consequences. I especially don't appreciate yall ganging up on one person, and there's always shit starting in this fandom like every week. Just stop.

My copy of The Insulated World arrived yesterday, much sooner than expected. Usually it takes a month to get through customs.

It sounds way better on CD than the rip. Much happier with the album now. I take back anything negative I said about it.

1 hour ago, EvilHippy said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dir-en-grey/2018/aurora-concert-hall-saint-petersburg-russia-3e9596b.html

So, kinda similar to the japanese setlists.
Also, smart choice playing Kodou and not The Final. 
...But why did they had to play Rinkaku and STU?

That's a pretty good tbh. Except for STU obviously. At least it wasn't a closer. I take Kodou over The Final anyday.

I really dislike The Final.

Just now, Kelrya said:

Why would the CD sound different than an iTunes rip?

Because last I remember iTunes had 256kbps files. Still fairly high quality, but it’s not CD quality.

Just now, VESSMIER said:

When you think the new album sounds best on your car stereo or plastic earpods, I don't exactly trust your judgement on questions of audio quality.

This is because the album was (presumably) mixed specifically to be played in that kind of context. Reaching a wider audience with a loud record that still sounds okay on a rubbish system.

Also, CD is better than mp3/aac/whatever every time, unless you're dealing with lossless. 1411.2 kbps is higher than 256 kbps. This is maths. Pure fact.

Why are we assuming my car has a garbage quality system? And I typically use Sennhieser earbuds, but they broke so I was stuck with the stock Apple buds and the album sounded like trash again. And that was listening to my lossless CD rip. 

I said it before, the introduction of selling lossy files and providing the listener with low quality earbuds paved the way for artists mixing their albums too “hot” in order to compensate for the loss of sound quality. 

Gonna work on my review tonight y'all.

And also, I really hate that they don't put the second or third disks of albums (with the remakes/remixes) on Spotify/itunes :/

I got rid of the download I had on my phone and just copped the copy that was on spotify to "show support." I Can't really afford the luxury of buying CD's these days. Would be nice if we could get the other editions as well.

Edited by Ro plz

Europe is being thrown a bone and getting Kigan as a bonus track, lol. 

I bought the physical blu-ray edition as well as the iTunes download. Supporting these fuckers in two countries. 

Which reminds me I should get Chedoara off iTunes as well. 

Edited by Saishu

That reminds me my Vulgar CD is regular EU edition. It got Gan-Shin logo on the back. Need ti get the JP release some times.