Spike760

Dir en grey

I like how the Japanese merch has an English logo and the Western merch has a Japanese logo lol. Although most Japanese people think Japanese writing on clothes in uncool so it makes sense (they prefer English or French and think it’s fashionable for some reason even if it’s grammatically incorrect to the point of being completely nonsensical). It’s funny how many American/European bands don’t realize this and make a bunch of merch with Japanese logos when they tour in Japan.

4 hours ago, nullmoon said:

May as well remove half the album while you're at it and you'll end up with a solid mini-album 😛

I’ve considered it. No one is going to miss FOOCHA FAMILY. 

Speaking of merch, if you are looking for baubles for your christmas tree, may I  suggest the "wearing human skin" set...

09261333_5bab0c1875a91.jpg

I can't tell which is meant to be Kaoru or Toshiya 😕

If only :D

I actually would love some DEG figurines! I mean high quality ones, like figma, or hot toys, or something.

Edited by LIDL

2 hours ago, meat said:

Speaking of merch, if you are looking for baubles for your christmas tree, may I  suggest the "wearing human skin" set...

Kaoru is purple and Toshiya is blue. 

3 hours ago, meat said:

toshiya doesn't wear blonde hair, and they captured kaoru's existential constipation p well too

From Aka onwards the album is actually listenable. Values of Madness, followers, Keigaku no Yoko are great. I'm dreading having to go through the first half of TIW on the live on Tuesday. It just sounds like a heap of noise glued together for what... 20 minutes? 

I'm not a huge fan of deg, but I do love arche and I hope they pad it out with songs from that album. I wish sukekiyo would tour Europe again...or dimlim since we're talking about good music :( Don't worry stans, I'll take myself out. 

I have a feeling the first half songs will sound better on stage. Their live sound engineer is really good, so hopefully it won't sound like a compressed wall of noise. I am interested to see which songs they throw in the mix, because TIW needs some room to breathe, especially in a sweaty, dark venue.

tbh I think any complaints about the albums production has to do with...no joke...the studio monitors the band was using. I think the album sounds good; but watching the making-of I noticed the monitoring headphones they used are these super dry Sony’s that nearly every Japanese band uses to mix. 

This specific model of headphones are known for being “dry” and off putting to first time users. I’ve used them before and they take a while to get used to. 

Perhaps there were issues in the mix because the sound they got from the studio headphones was ultimately different than what we’re hearing. 

Just a fun little conspiracy I’ve had lately. 

30 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

I haven't seen the making of footage yet, but are they using 7506s?

I believe it’s the MDR cd900st, they have a red tag on them. I’ll double check later today.

Coincidentally the GazettE use the same headphones. I found out the specific model because Ruki posted a pic on Instagram and I did some basic consumer research on them when trying to find a pair of studio headphones for myself. 

I chose Sennheiser’s lol

26 minutes ago, mopkins said:

I've warmed up to Rubbish Heap a lot

partly because I can't wait to hear the crowd shout "FIST" when they play it live

i'm more interested to see if the whole crowd will punch their fists into the air, especially since there is a line "Raise your fist"

Edited by EvilHippy

5 hours ago, mopkins said:

I've warmed up to Rubbish Heap a lot

partly because I can't wait to hear the crowd shout "FIST" when they play it live

I’m pretty much cool with the entire album now, but today I was forced into using a pair of stock Apple earbuds because my other pair stopped working, and the album sounded like shit again. How the fuck are people listening to music on those things?

I was finally getting used to the production on the new album and then I went back to DSS and remembered what good production sounds like. The vocal distortion on Rubbish Heap physically hurts my ears.

I still can’t get over getting an entirely different dude to mix the three remakes. Though it’s probably likely that they weren’t recorded during the same session.