Spike760

Dir en grey

I am gonna give it 4 out of 5 pineapples. The redone tracks feels so redundant to me. They didn't really ruin it but they didn't actually amped it up either. 4 for replayable value. I'd listen to it exclusively for this next few weeks if only I don't listen to Kero Kero Bonito in the same time.

Edited by LIDL

This is a 9/10. The songs from Side A really drive home a violent outlook from where the band is going. Side B is probably the strongest out of the other half, with more melody, and "bigger" composition -- save for "Ranunculus", which doesn't even fit on the album. Feels tacked on.

1 minute ago, Saishu said:

I guess Downfall might be the only real filler track on here. Every time it comes on I’m like “oh yeah”. 

I really like that tune, tbh. It feels like a mockery, and i love it for it.

28 minutes ago, mopkins said:

I kinda want them to remake Pink Killer but I'm not sure it's possible to improve on perfection

They can start with the piss poor production on that song that makes Shinya sound like he's smacking tin cans

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

They can start with the piss poor production on that song that makes Shinya sound like he's smacking tin cans

Given how shit the original PINK KILLER sounds, I'm almost surprised they didn't remake it for TIW, which sounds equally shit, albeit in a slightly different way.

PS: I secretly love PINK KILLER. ♥

43 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I just pulled all the instrumentals off of Kisou. Did the same for Gazette’s DIM. 

Gonna see how that goes. 

Might be a weird ending without the piano Shinsou...