Spike760

Dir en grey

Lately they can’t even make a PV for a normal length song without cutting parts out of it so somehow I doubt we’ll be getting a 絶縁体 video (and if we do it’ll be butchered). I really hate the radio edit videos they’ve been doing lately (I realize it’s most likely the label’s decision). The album version of Sustain the Untruth is already pretty boring, but the radio edit is complete trash.

It’s funny to me that they were able to have a nearly 10 minute long Vinushka video yet Utafumi is only 3:11 and they still had to cut out 18 seconds.

I wouldn’t be that surprised to see a Devote My Life PV since they probably already had ideas for it before they decided to switch to NwK.

well they usually do an album-only/post-album PV, but it's pure speculation at this point about which one they pick next.

6 hours ago, geist said:

Anyone else think moving to Japan to be closer to the band is super cringey even for a Visual Kei forum?

there're literally dozens of fandom people who do exactly that because their career/studies allow for it, but go off cyst x

Edited by nekkichi

10 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

well they usually do an album-only/post-album PV, but it's pure speculation at this point about which one they pick next.

there're literally dozens of fandom people who do exactly that because their career/studies allow for it, but go off cyst x

I wish I could do that

I went to school for two years in Japan but I actually never got around to seeing them lol. My Japanese friends all like normal people music :( Hopefully they will be touring when I go back next year.

Edited by Kelrya

My gf listens to Justin Bieber, Avril Lavigne and Backstreet Boys lmao. She at least liked Ranunculus off of this album. A lot of my other Japanese friends listen to K-pop or J-rock like Bump of Chicken or something. I have one friend that just listens to vocaloid and anime theme songs and sings them at karaoke. I scared her by singing Different Sense :3 

Edited by Kelrya

I gotta say, while Devote My Life and Rubbish Heap are easily my least favorite songs on the album, I'm not feeling the urge to skip them like I usually do with the tracks I don't like

there's no Midwife here

Friends, we need to discuss how perfect that Kiri To Mayu live take is....

It sounds so fucking CLEAN. Shinya really did a great job here. I thought he fucking killed it in the DSS Budokan performance but here he sounds wayyyyy more comfortable. 

And the fact that Die let Kaoru do the solo without joining in just makes the track sound more fuller. They need to do this for Uroko as well cuz it calls for the rhythm Guitar section to be played while the soloing is going on. Toshiya alone doesn't cut it. 

The whole performance just ROARS. YES. YES. YES....I AM SO HAPPY. 

Edited by Ro plz

6 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

It sounds so fucking CLEAN. Shinya really did a great job here. I thought he fucking killed it in the DSS Budokan performance but here he sounds wayyyyy more comfortable. 

And the fact that Die let Kaoru do the solo without joining in just makes the track sound more fuller. They need to do this for Uroko as well cuz it calls for the rhythm Guitar section to be played while the soloing is going on. Toshiya alone doesn't cut it. 

There was a very very small hiccup in the timing midway through; but other than that it was damn near perfect. The band sounded HOT in 2018 apparently, which is extremely encouraging because I remember hearing performances from around 2013 - 2016 and found them to be horrendous. 

Man, and Toshiya doing those screams on Different Sense? Fuck.

Edited by geist
an affinity towards ass to ass

29 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

Imho, they need to stop that dual solo thing for all songs.

E.g. I don't like how Audience Killer Loop's solo sounds without rhythm guitar.

Considering how many of these songs contain lyrics where Kyo just straight up wants to die, what if “the insulated world” is a coffin? He does hint at a funeral in Keigaku no Yoku” after all. 

I think it’s about his mental/emotional state and walling himself off from people. The term 絶縁体 means insulator but the word 絶縁 can mean to cut yourself off from friends and family.

that part in zetsuenai when kyo croaks (5:35)....thats when i realized it was my fav

Edited by emmny

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Who’s gonna drop a proper review of this so I can stop watching YouTube dummies pretend they know what they’re talking about?

@Zeuschrist bless us with ur sermon