Spike760

Dir en grey

Kyo's leather daddy look actually fit Arche somehow. My favorite looks of his lately would have to be the spoopy military officer or Shishio Makoto. Shinya's looked the same for the last decade, Toshers lost his gains, Die's been killing it with the hair and thigh-high boots, and I actually wish Kaoru would go back to his Tony Iommi thing.

79aaabbdb5c8416abfa97135ffff2536.jpg#79a

Right before Toshiya invented Skrillex hair. I remember when this was THE picture of Dir en grey for years... Kyo is clearly flexing his abs too hard.

Okay so I'm relistening to the album on my trusty old Philips headphones and............... it actually sounds quite okay??? On my computer speakers + subwoofer it sounded like a jumbled distorted uneven-volume mess of complete ass. Never experienced such a difference before. Huh.

Good thing I didn't start investing in a car just to enjoy this album! ;<

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Okay so I'm relistening to the album on my trusty old Philips headphones and............... it actually sounds quite okay??? On my computer speakers + subwoofer it sounded like a jumbled distorted uneven-volume mess of complete ass. Never experienced such a difference before. Huh.

Good thing I didn't start investing in a car just to enjoy this album! ;<

I only listened to the album with my headphones on because my laptop is super old and I don't like the sound quality. I did listen to the new version of the deeper vileness through speakers though and was surprised how different it sounded. It felt stale and without any depth to it, it was really just a distorted mix of growling and screaming. With the headphones though? Absolute masterpiece

Uroboros > Vulgar > DSS > Gauze > Arche > WtD > Marrow > Macabre > Either Kisou or TIW

I already wore my protection and have a wooden club by my side if necessary.

Not sure what I'd place on the bottom place but I dislike both deeply :P I'd have to listen to Kisou again in order to compare it to TIW but I haven't heard it in years and I'm not willing to rn.

I think my album rankings have played musical chairs every year so at this point I don't bother anymore. Each album captures a specific mood and concept and they're each the best at doing that.

...though I will say Withering is mostly Vulgar B-sides if you ask me.

yall  have no taste when it comes to looks smh, the weird shit is at least interesting and creative when you compare it to the boring-ass "check it out bro we're all wearing SUITS" or "dude we're totally wearing kimonos lmao we're so traditional" looks that way too many vk bands do nowadays

i'd much rather take the weird yoda stuff over smth like kiryu, who have basically been recycling the same 3 or 4 general styles their entire career, for example.. for people who claim to be into visual stuff a lot of y'all are still pretty quick to write off anything that deviates from the generic vk pretty boy norm

Edited by Tokage

54 minutes ago, Tokage said:

yall  have no taste when it comes to looks smh, the weird shit is at least interesting and creative when you compare it to the boring-ass "check it out bro we're all wearing SUITS" or "dude we're totally wearing kimonos lmao we're so traditional" looks that way too many vk bands do nowadays

i'd much rather take the weird yoda stuff over smth like kiryu, who have basically been recycling the same 3 or 4 general styles their entire career, for example.. for people who claim to be into visual stuff a lot of y'all are still pretty quick to write off anything that deviates from the generic vk pretty boy norm

This.

VK became quickly very stereotypical in terms of visuals. What I always consider a genre sometimes makes me wonder if it isn't lack of creativity and wanting to appeal to hysterical bangya.

For me, Dir is one of the few bands that always tried to put out something new each time they did a release.

And, yeah, I don't get how bands like Kiryu stay that popular nowadays. They had their peak of creativity, they amazed us, and then just fell off doing the fucking same for each release...

Edited by saiko

3 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

and outright fetishizing the band members.

You leave me and Papa Kaoru out of this.....