Spike760

Dir en grey

16 minutes ago, futoshi92 said:

For now I'm listening to the album on Spotify waiting for my physical copy to arrive.

Ordered it from CD Japan, in early August, so hope I won't have to wait for it as long as for The Kanmuri's recent CD 😐

Back to the topic, I'm liking Keibetsu no Hajimari, Rubbish Heap, Utafumi. Also Keigaku no Yoku and the way how it starts calm and slowly progresses into total fury.
Plus, what be a Diru album without a more mellow song, like Aka or Ranunculus?

Overall, I've noticed ever since TMOAB came out, Diru has been putting out aggressive and calmer albums in turns.
Uroboros had their fair share of heavy and soft, melodic songs.
DSS was dominated by much harder and rocking songs, save for Lotus and Vanitas (which even were the highlights in my book).
Arche was in some ways similar to Uroboros, with more Kyo's clean singing and even progressive songs.
And now we have Insulated World, which leans on the heavier side again

Anyone else has that feeling? ;) 

I've realized this years ago and im glad you feel the same lol. now i know im not crazy

Good thing they left it off of TIW. I wonder if they'll include it in the upcoming tour.

Just checked their last setlists, it's actually their most recently played song (last encore on September 15).

Can't wait to see it live again ._.

According to setlist.fm, the average setlist for 2018 looks like this:

SE

1. UTAFUMI
  2. TOGURO
  3. MAGAYASOU
  4. FUKAI (VOS ver.)
  5. Devote My Life
  6. RINKAKU
  7. Ash (NOK ver.)
  8. NINGEN WO KABURU
  9. KEIBETSU TO HAJIMARI
  10. karasu
  11. THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB
  12. Ranunculus
  13. Beautiful Dirt (VOS ver.)
  14. Revelation of mankind

EN

1. WAKE (TIW ver.)
  2. Values of Madness
  3. The inferno
  4. THE IIID EMPIRE (VOS ver.)
  5. RASETSUKOKU

4 hours ago, Egnirys cimredopyh said:

Sustain grew on me, at least its not as boring as the inferno

Can i go one week on here without having to say the following again?

Turn on your location. I just wanna talk.

We not bout to disrespect one of holiest DIR EN GREY songs to date here

Edited by Ro plz

3 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

Can i go one week on here without having to say the following again?

Turn on your location. I just wanna talk.

We not bout to disrespect one of holiest DIR EN GREY songs to date here

Let’s be Inferno bros

A weird request but for the kind souls who bought "the insulated world" album, could you please private message me a photo of the slip found in the album that shows the QR code & Passcode (random 6 character code under the QR code)?

I intend to attend to concert on 20th Mar 2019 and the code provides priority to purchase the tickets for that day. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated; thanks in advance!

Welcome to the inferno

How may I take your order, sir?

New/different artist picture btw:

resize_image.jpg

3 hours ago, sads123 said:

A weird request but for the kind souls who bought "the insulated world" album, could you please private message me a photo of the slip found in the album that shows the QR code & Passcode (random 6 character code under the QR code)?

I intend to attend to concert on 20th Mar 2019 and the code provides priority to purchase the tickets for that day. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated; thanks in advance!

You can buy them on mercari, I think. For like 500 JPN or so. :)

Some excerpts from the upcoming ROCKIN'ON interview (thanks to kyotaku, as always):

Spoiler

It’s like it’s packed with energy, I feel excited about playing it live. Creating phrases was also done in a different way than before, so the final effect is like this.

-Shinya

Instead of saying it’s about the album, it’s like a theme for the band, it became the next step for the band. It’s a place where we had to go… it feels like something we never did before. It feels like all of us are gathered there.

-Die

It’s like a shape of 5 people who pursued the band called DIR EN GREY. It wasn’t something done that conciously, but it’s and album in which we were very aware of what DIR EN GREY wants to do from now on.

-Toshiya

This time, there are not many things flowing un one song, it’s more like there are various parts in the while album that supplement each other. And, in the album that has this kind of energy, I think it became something that when listening to it few times it will tend to become just BGM, something you listen to many times, something that exsists inside you more and more.

-Kaoru

I think this kind of power tends to come out when you’re young, but it’s not exhausted. It’s becoming more and more intense. Normally you would try to subdue that, make it milder, but I’m not like that, I’m more turue to myself. Those hardcore feelings inside of me, I wanted to bluntly let them out. It’s just that.

-Kyo

Edited by Seelentau

About the concern with Kyo's suicidal lyrics (I didn't read them yet) , wasn't his performance on the mode of withering to death dvd the proof that Kyo didn't change a bit throughout these years?

Edited by Manji 卍

On 9/18/2018 at 5:45 PM, Kelrya said:

I actually really like that version of The Final. I do agree that most of those remixes are garbage though. Like that awful Inconvenient Ideal organ remix that butchers one of their most beautiful songs.

His self harm looked pretty fake on that thankfully.

Listen, Die’s hotness is purely based on the state of his hair, and right now it ain’t working for me. 

Shinya never changes his hair and honestly he’s starting to remind me of Yoshiki. 

Toshiya’s been killing it lately.