Spike760

Dir en grey

4 hours ago, nekkichi said:

y'all really are implying you favor the inferno over the experimental masterpiece and a structural invention that was midwife

Yes. 

3 hours ago, blacktooth said:

That's so subtle I had completely forgotten about it.

To keep in topic here, let's hope the new album is not drenched in reverb.

Hard to say considering the three songs we’ve heard are all mixed differently. And it’s more than likely Utafumi and Ningen has different mixes.

I don't have high hopes on the album mix, but as long as it doesn't sound like it was recorded in the sewer from the Kasumi video like Arche did I'll be fine. Ranunculus's mix is... decent. I'll give it that.

1 hour ago, kuyashii said:

"The Inferno" is "Decayed Crow"'s poor cousin

29 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Yes. 

15 minutes ago, mopkins said:

I skip Midwife all the time but I only skip The Inferno half the time

tenor.gif

Midwife is instantly disqualified for that terrible lead in the beginning of the song. Kaoru opens the song with this sexy smooth riff, and Die fucks it all up. 

The Inferno is the better song. 

22 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

Ey yo fuck all y'all who have an issue with Marrow.

That album aged so well and is killer live.

My location is on if y'all wanna throw hands. 

Yo Ro.

I think everyone is allowed to have

an opinion. 

If people dig TMOAB, cool. And yeah those songs do rip live. But its definitely not my kinda cup o' tea...and some songs are ostensibly weaker than others. 

But yeah. I'll throw high fives instead of hands.

29 minutes ago, geist said:

Midwife is instantly disqualified for that terrible lead in the beginning of the song. Kaoru opens the song with this sexy smooth riff, and Die fucks it all up. 

The Inferno is the better song. 

I found the guitar stem for Die’s part in Midwife. 

People loved it when it first came out, then hated it for some years after that, and now people are back to loving it and even saying it's their favorite Deg album. 

I love both of them. But Midwife was the most experimental song on a very safe sounding album so I appreciate that song a lot. Die’s opening lead is a bit strange though I will admit.

Edit: I’m pretty sure I posted this in a different thread.

Edited by Kelrya

Usually when listening to rock and metal music I "play" an air guitar but with Dir En Grey I try to impersonate his screaming and vocal parts. He has an amazing voice and couldn't say more. Also with the dope drums by Shinya, the underestimated bassist Toshiya and the great guitar duo Kaoru and Die, Dir En Grey make one unique and amazing band and I am very sad I can't go to their gig in Munich, Germany.  :sad: 

4 minutes ago, Egnirys cimredopyh said:

Beelzebub is a very unusual song, but i think it's one of the best on DSS

It’s just like I kept seeing so many people call the album meandering and lacking structure when that really only applies to Beelzebub. There’s no verse, chorus, bridge formula, it’s just an ever evolving piece. 

1 hour ago, EzraEroguro said:

Yo Ro.

I think everyone is allowed to have

an opinion. 

If people dig TMOAB, cool. And yeah those songs do rip live. But its definitely not my kinda cup o' tea...and some songs are ostensibly weaker than others. 

But yeah. I'll throw high fives instead of hands.

We grew up on Batsu together dawg, what are opinions again?

I was half kidding though. I do agree with the sentiment around that album and to be honest when i first listened to Withering to Death and previous works, which was shortly after discovering TMOAB, I barely went back to it. I only really listen to certain live versions of the songs. 

As for DSS, I understood the consensus was that it was a great album, (that didn't sell well)  and just translated poorly live due to how overlayered the studio versions were.