Spike760

Dir en grey

TMOAB literally inspired most of 2010's visual so uh even DEG at what yall think is shit OUTSOLLLDDD. I used to dislike TMOAB but I realized some of the songs were rlly fkin good and it balanced out some of the doodoo

24 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

I saw a graph some years ago that showed that each new Deg album alternates between being good and bad. Can’t argue with science. 

ummm like when is it even starting

the entire kisou —> WTD stretch is brill there're no alternating shit rihleases there, they only started with TMOAB and evolved into the fecalfest that was DSS.

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

ummm like when is it even starting

the entire kisou —> WTD stretch is brill

I agree with you there. I think the model better predicts future releases, but it depends on whether or not you include the unravering

Fuck the naysayers. TMOAB is fantastic.

It's the most raw, angry, upset, and overall emotional the band has ever been. The quieter songs are some of the best of their entire career, and you can't deny the loud songs are extremely compelling. Kyo's screaming range went way off the scale with this album. The vocal delivery is a punch to the gut. Just great.

Kisou is also excellent. Not really sure why there's any comparison here, though. MARROW is much more focussed on one idea, while Kisou skips genres constantly. The only song where every other word is "fuck" is The Domestic Fucker Family, and that comes from a completely different place than anything in TMOAB.

TMOAB sounds like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. 

Has two of the band's best ballads on it too. The low points (The Deeper Vileness, Lie Buried With A Vengeance, Rotting Root) are all pretty dire , though  i've warmed up to Lie over the years regardless

Kisou and Marrow are both raw, sound like they were recorded in tin cans, and have some of Kyo’s most vulgar lyrics. Yeah, Marrow is mostly expletives, but Kisou has weird sexual shit sprinkled around. 

I’d also argue that Marrow isn’t that focused on one sound. None of the ballads jive with the rest of the album. And... fuck the re-recorded Clever Sleazoid. Just because. 

The Deeper Vileness is great minus the awful Engrish lyrics. I’m curious if he’ll just replace them with mostly Japanese lyrics for the remake.

Edited by Kelrya

Marrow is OK, the best songs are the ballads tho, as for the uptempo ones, Deeper Vileness for sure, but never 5get for the US version cover art mess tho lololol

The only thing that did not sit well with me during that era was Kyo behaviour on live shows. All those fish hooking BS 

Kisou remains untouchable! It sounds like they just do what they want there, pure grunge mentality lololol

Edited by LIDL

What's up with Kyo's grandpa-like look? 😂 I guess he never ceases to surprise with his image.
If I'm not mistaken, there was an early album pick-up party at the Paruko shop in Nagoya, where Kyo was signing the album copies.
I've just gotten jealous, but on the other hand only 10 days left till the album drops, so I can wait 😀

1 hour ago, Nowhere Girl said:

What the hell is that chorus? LMAO

i think the whole cover was very creative,both vocals and instrumentals

he chose to keep his own singing style instead of trying to sound as Kyo as possible

is not a perfect thing,but still pretty interesting.check his band.

I don't hate "Midwife" but there wasn't really any need to rehash the "Dreambox" freak-out (the beginning sounds like "Akatsuki" as well)

The random deep-ass vocal harmony that appears for a single line and disappears again is badass though, it made my jaw drop the first time I heard it