Spike760

Dir en grey

Musically I agree he and the band were at their best then (around 2011) but I hate his gangsta look. Also he just got a new tattoo on the back of his head like a month ago apparently.

Edited by Kelrya

6 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

That was the best Kyo though. When was the last time he even got a new tattoo?

Some weeks ago, I think. On his neck. kyotaku talked about it, but I can't find her description.

He doesn't show off his tattoos so much anymore, which is a big shift.

Uroboros era was a great look all around with the mandatory wallet chains and Toshiya in general.

MV5BYmMzMDQzZmUtOWMxZC00NThlLWFkYWEtOGFm

DEG memebrs are always hot and cold with their looks :D

As for Kyo, the only one I don't enjoy much was his ADIDAS Kei phase. 

Like, OK those are comfy, but also uninspiring. Plus, personally I just need one Jonathan Davis in the rock scene. C'mon.

33 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

He doesn't show off his tattoos so much anymore, which is a big shift.

Uroboros era was a great look all around with the mandatory wallet chains and Toshiya in general.

MV5BYmMzMDQzZmUtOWMxZC00NThlLWFkYWEtOGFm

Toshiya looks like he walked off the the set of a gangsta rap video circa 1995. Why is Kyo’s belt around his knees?

I love their visual kei looks but my favorite albums of theirs by far are Uroboros and DSS. It’s interesting that their looks and their musical quality have an inverse relationship for me.

2d620daf.jpg

Hey, remember when the guys totally killed it on Drag Race?

Seriously, the looks from the pre-Gauze era where really draggy. I wonder what could have happened then if the 90s could have met this rising of the trans and drag topic in the mass-media.

Off Topic, but how did they get away with The Marrow of A Bone? Holy shit, this album is a fucking mess. Some songs are solid but, a good third of the album is like..."why?"

Don't get me started on all of the English lyrics either.

Quite possibly the second of the two strangest albums in DEG’s catalog (the other being Kisou). That’s what happens when you write songs while touring with shitty western metalcore bands. 

Songwriting aside, what is up with Kyo’s harsh vocals? He is literally just screaming at the top of his lungs. Why is every other word “FUCK”?  Why does the mix sound like there are no mids? 

Its a lot like Kisou actually. 

10 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Songwriting aside, what is up with Kyo’s harsh vocals? He is literally just screaming at the top of his lungs. Why is every other word “FUCK”?  Why does the mix sound like there are no mids? 

Its a lot like Kisou actually. 

I never made the correlation until now. 

Wow, fuckin' A, Saishuu.

Except, I can actually kinda enjoy Kisou.

I actually have a lot of nostalgia for the TMOAB era but it doesn’t hold up when I listen these days. I agree about the harsh vocals for the most part, but Grief has to be one of Kyo’s best.  

1 hour ago, EzraEroguro said:

Off Topic, but how did they get away with The Marrow of A Bone?

it's the album that introduced 4/5 ITT regulars to this band, tread carefully luv x

I don't have an answer for that, but I think at some point they had delusions that baka metalhead pigz can get into a Japanese band that dresses like a white one but sangs in funny english with "fuck" being the only audible word throughout song couplets.

Edited by nekkichi