Spike760

Dir en grey

21 hours ago, Disposable said:

The shit they did to the remastered Uroboros tells me that someone, either in the management or the band or otherwise, suffers from an acute case of bad taste to which the only cure is death

tumblr_olh4cmfqa11vtnbbyo1_500.gif

2 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

we just need more DeG songs as anime themes

Or better DEG songs. 

Also what was that movie that had a bunch of DEG songs in the soundtrack. Some super stylized martial arts film I think. 

2 hours ago, StriderSubzero said:

Has anyone heard this? 

Sounds interesting. I like the guitar solo and the ethereal/post-rockish vibe of the song. Reminds me of the calmer parts of 'Different Sense' mixed with one of the most atmospheric songs of 'ARCHE', like 'Tousei' or 'Kaishun'. I just hope that's not the true ending of the song: feels to abrupt (but well, better wait for the full song to judge that).

Seems that the song isn't 'Ranunculus', which was reported to be the calmest one on the album. So, one thing for sure, 'The Insulated World' is going to have variety like 'ARCHE'. I was fearing they were going back to a predominance of the 'nu-metal grooves', but seems 'Ningen...' plays the same role as 'Sustain the Untruth' did before. Just hope the singles have at least a better mastering that glues them together to the overall feel of the album.

This makes me really excited: whish they could release the samples already!

I’m thinking back to how Dozing Green wasn’t given a different mix for Uroboros and wondering how that happened. It straight up sounded like it didn’t belong on the album. 

20 minutes ago, Rosner said:

Seems that the song isn't 'Ranunculus', which was reported to be the calmest one on the album.

Reported by whom? There aren't even any samples available to base such a statement on.

It's not Ranunculus because it's not Ranunculus. It's also not the mode of DSS song and not the TOUR18 song. It could be the new new song, I haven't heard that one yet. I assume that @WhirlingBlack has, and he didn't mention any similarity. kyotaku doesn't recognise it either and it's neither a knot, nor sukekiyo material.

So it's an entirely new song... I guess. I don't recall who posted it here, but if that person knows more, or if any other information has been posted in the facebook group in the meantime, it might shed light on this.

3 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Reported by whom? There aren't even any samples available to base such a statement on.

It's not Ranunculus because it's not Ranunculus. It's also not the mode of DSS song and not the TOUR18 song. It could be the new new song, I haven't heard that one yet. I assume that @WhirlingBlack has, and he didn't mention any similarity. kyotaku doesn't recognise it either and it's neither a knot, nor sukekiyo material.

So it's an entirely new song... I guess. I don't recall who posted it here, but if that person knows more, or if any other information has been posted in the facebook group in the meantime, it might shed light on this.

From what I’ve read the new new song is a faster/heavier one so there’s no way it’s the same song. I talked to someone who saw it live and they said it was mostly shouting vocals.

Edited by Kelrya

Oh good they played the proper version of McCobb.

Because I can't forgive Kaoru for the blue ball guitar solo in the remake.

Edited by blacktooth

3 hours ago, Seelentau said:

My bad! I meant to say it was the calmest one of the 'leaked' tracks yet (those that you described -the ones played live-). 

2 hours ago, EvilHippy said:

Sad to see Kyo hurting himself again during 'Kodoku ni Shisu...'. That fish-hooking looks horrible. Hope it's just related to the overall feel of the show (some sort of 'throwback performance') and it does not become a live staple once again. Also, didn't watched the whole thing, but this feels like the worst Kyo performance out of all the 'FROM DEPRESSION TO...' shows I've seen yet ('Kisou', 'The Marrow of a Bone', 'Vulgar', 'Dum Spiro Spero' and 'Uroboros'). He sounds strained and really exhausted.

13 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

Oh good they played the proper version of McCobb.

Because I can't forgive Kaoru for the cockblock guitar solo in the remake.

Nice! I honestly prefer the new version, but both are amazing pieces. Also, it makes me really happy to see Kaoru's right hand healed!!!

4 hours ago, Saishu said:

Is it during Kodoku?

Yep it is! And soon after Kodoku, during Dead tree he was being possessed lol

3 hours ago, Rosner said:

but this feels like the worst Kyo performance out of all the 'FROM DEPRESSION TO...' shows

It’s the most emotional one though

Edited by Ozileras10