Spike760

Dir en grey

On 6/19/2018 at 11:43 PM, WhirlingBlack said:

Yes, I've gotten a knot tickets from people in the past, no one checks the names as long as you have a valid ticket. Perfectly alright.

Awesome! Thanks! This will be my first concert in Japan. 

... since they don’t come to the US anymore lol

Not tryna  get anyones hopes up but I'm pretty sure the LUNATIC FEST performances get uploaded in full so maybe...we'll get a taste of that new track?

I'm still unsure whether I should buy a ticket or not. 

I'm not a huge dir en grey fan and the fact Kyo can barely keep up his performance with this band puts me off. But I also haven't been to a vk gig in forever and at this point I wanna take what I get. (not desperate enough to see kamijo tho) 

22 hours ago, platy said:

I'm still unsure whether I should buy a ticket or not. 

I'm not a huge dir en grey fan and the fact Kyo can barely keep up his performance with this band puts me off. But I also haven't been to a vk gig in forever and at this point I wanna take what I get. (not desperate enough to see kamijo tho) 

Arguably he has been better live than on CD for a while now. The Sukekiyo lives have been incredible and the mode of Kisou & Vulgarism dvd’s are really good

looking for albums/artists/songs/band/whatever that sounds similar to albums dum spiro spero and uroboros.

criteria-

-should have mix of harsh and clean vocals.

-vocals should be distinguishable from instrumental music.

thank you.

1 minute ago, FOSCOR70 said:

looking for albums/artists/songs/band/whatever that sounds similar to albums dum spiro spero and uroboros.

criteria-

-should have mix of harsh and clean vocals.

-vocals should be distinguishable from instrumental music.

thank you.

moran's jen:ga is a good start x 

Does anyone remember the name of that god-awful pop song Kyo, and other VK vocalists, had a cameo on?

It was shared on Monochrome-Heaven YEARS ago, if I remember correctly it also features Shinya on drums; but I may be mis-remembering that.

EDIT: nevermind, I found it!

Edited by geist

17 hours ago, geist said:

Does anyone remember the name of that god-awful pop song Kyo, and other VK vocalists, had a cameo on?

Wow, I had no idea this existed. You're right; this is an absolute train wreck.

Made my day. Thanks for the laugh!

The song they played at mode of DSS reminds me of "Bring them to light", tempo-wise. It's entirely guttural, too. There's a slower, more melodic part in the middle. ~3 minutes long.

The Tour18 song has Toshiya providing backing growls. Kyo mostly sings with his normal voice. Again, fast paced tempo with a slower section in the middle, Kyo growls here. Some crazy gibberish in the latter half. The chorus has this "climax" thingy to it, that Kyo does in some songs. ~3:30 long.

Ranunculus is a ballad. Very slow and melodic.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:23 AM, Seelentau said:

The song they played at mode of DSS reminds me of "Bring them to light", tempo-wise. It's entirely guttural, too. There's a slower, more melodic part in the middle. ~3 minutes long.

The Tour18 song has Toshiya providing backing growls. Kyo mostly sings with his normal voice. Again, fast paced tempo with a slower section in the middle, Kyo growls here. Some crazy gibberish in the latter half. The chorus has this "climax" thingy to it, that Kyo does in some songs. ~3:30 long.

Ranunculus is a ballad. Very slow and melodic.

These all sound awesome, I like hearing a variety of styles from them. I assume you saw these songs live? I actually liked their last two singles but they were pretty similar to one another structurally stylistically so it will be cool to hear some new songs both heavier and softer than those.  I usually prefer their really heavy songs or their melodic ballads over the more straightforward single-y ones. Is the second song you’re talking about the “Punk is Not Dead” one (Japanese fans are calling it “GO MAD”)? I didn’t realize Kyo growled in that, I only heard about Toshiya’s backing vocals but I’m looking forward to it. Every time I read a description whether in English or Japanese it sounds completely different lol. Someone said it sounded like 80s hard rock, another said pop, another said pop-punk, so now it curious. Do the members who do backing vocals live usually perform those vocals on album or does Kyo generally record all the vocals? They never show him recording on the studio footage that they release but I saw one video (I think it was for Utafumi) where it showed the rest of them recording some backing screams/gang vocals.

Edited by Kelrya

No, I have recordings of those songs.

The second song is "Punk is not dead", yes. Aside of "gone mad", the line "I cannot love myself" also appears on the screen.

No clue about backing vocals, but they're not credited, at least.

How did you get those recordings? I’d really like to hear those songs.

Some posters on Japanese boards are saying that the second song is called “I Can’t Love Myself.”

Edited by Kelrya

I Can't Love Myself sounds like the title for an Adele song or something tbh

16 hours ago, Kelrya said:

How did you get those recordings? I’d really like to hear those songs.

Some posters on Japanese boards are saying that the second song is called “I Can’t Love Myself.”

I trade them for other songs. :]

And yes, as I said, that's one of the lines on the screen during the performance. Same for Ranunculus (which is also clearly audible in the refrain).

On 7/2/2018 at 8:56 AM, geist said:

It was shared on Monochrome-Heaven YEARS ago, if I remember correctly it also features Shinya on drums; but I may be mis-remembering that.

EDIT: nevermind, I found it!

hahaha funny you guys mention that it is so bad, I actually love this song, and most of Yukiya Fujita works such as D=Sire, JILS and his solo releases are amazing.. it's interesting that tastes can be so different :D