Spike760

Dir en grey

9 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

WTF is this? New poetry book or something?

Yes

5 hours ago, dannemannen said:

Just a random question.

Who do you think get along best in the band?
I have the impression that Shinya is the outsider that the other members never really have liked, deep in their hearts.

Who is Kyo's best friend in the band?  Who doesn't he like? LOL. 

If anyone is the outsider, it's Kaoru because of his blood-type.

Kyo's best friend is probably Toshiya.

About the symbolism in the PV:

http://silentreggaerockerchick.tumblr.com/post/173691191364/part-1-also-more-about-pinecones-leading-on-from

Edited by Seelentau

7 hours ago, dannemannen said:

I have the impression that Shinya is the outsider that the other members never really have liked, deep in their hearts.

They all don't rock with each other like that, period. Pretty sure it was Kaoru who stated that they aren't brothers/friends anything like that. They just work well together musically. With that in mind, of course there's gonna be those one or two members that "stands out" in a manner that Shinya does. That doesn't equate to something being wrong with the dynamics of the band.

Edited by Ro plz

11 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

They all don't rock with each other like that, period. Pretty sure it was Kaoru who stated that they aren't brothers/friends anything like that. They just work well together musically. With that in mind, of course there's gonna be those one or two members that "stands out" in a manner that Shinya does. That doesn't equate to something being wrong with the dynamics of the band.

I thought I remember Kaoru going over to Kyo's house after his surgery to check up on him. I always figured they were "professional friends".

Oh come on, don't believe those words like that. It's more than obvious that they're close-knit brothers.

Else, it would be impossible for the band to survive that long. Besides, they've said in multiple interviews that the others are important to them.

Kyo said right from the start that he wanted to do a band with those people again, aside of KISAKI, and that even he as an antisocial dude wanted to talk to Toshiya.

If there was no internal fight that nobody of us knows of, they're definitely connected by more than just professionalism.

Yeah I've definitely never heard them say anything of the sort and like @Seelentau said they wouldn't  have lasted this long otherwise for sure.

Edited by Mamo

9 hours ago, dannemannen said:

Who do you think get along best in the band?

Who is Kyo's best friend in the band?  Who doesn't he like? LOL. 

I'm not so sure about the others; but Kaoru doesn't really associate with the rest of the band outside of work. In an interview not too long ago, he joked that he hasn't said hi to Shinya in a long time -- mainly because all the band members have their own lives and they only really get together for work and to record. 

But even then most of that is done in their own homes, according to Kaoru, and almost none of the creative process is collaborative in-person -- except for Sustain the Untruth, he stated, which was intentionally done differently. Otherwise, it's mostly Kaoru sending riffs to other members, they flesh the ideas out, then get together to go over them.

Edited by geist
words

I also recall an interview where one of them said they don’t really hang out or talk outside the context of the band. You don’t need to be best buds to make music if the creative chemistry is there. 

@Seelentauoh yeah, just in case you wanna put that on your wikia or something...

that screenshot from Ningen Wo Kaburu video roughly says

"BLA BLA BLA WE'VE FUCKED THE CAT BLA BLA BLA WE'VE FUCKED THE CAT BLA BLA BLA WE'VE FUCKED THE CAT
SO FUCKING TIRED OF DOING THIS TEMPLATE AND IT'S NOT EVEN HALF OF IT
BITCH FUCK ASSHOLE DOUCHE"

in English transcription.

Kyo said in an interview that he doesn’t even know where the other members’ houses are. And they don’t even have each other’s contact info outside of a group chat for work stuff. They only hang out before and after shows apparently which is kind of sad. I do remember him saying that he’s closest with Shinya though.

Edited by Kelrya

1 hour ago, Wicked Teletubby said:

@Seelentauoh yeah, just in case you wanna put that on your wikia or something...

that screenshot from Ningen Wo Kaburu video roughly says

"BLA BLA BLA WE'VE FUCKED THE CAT BLA BLA BLA WE'VE FUCKED THE CAT BLA BLA BLA WE'VE FUCKED THE CAT
BITCH FUCK ASSHOLE DOUCHE"

in English transcription.

I almost laughed.

For those interested what it actually means:

https://yridenergyridenergy.tumblr.com/post/173683501894/translation-of-the-russian-in-dir-en-greys-ningen

1 hour ago, Kelrya said:

Kyo said in an interview that he doesn’t even know where the other members’ houses are. And they don’t even have each other’s contact info outside of a group chat for work stuff. They only hang out before and after shows apparently which is kind of sad. I do remember him saying that he’s closest with Shinya though.

Probably the best way to be. They’ve been a band for 20 years spending a majority of that time together in the studio or on the road. At some point they’ve got to get tired of each other. This is exactly why you don’t work with family or date a co-worker (though I’m very guilty of the latter).

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

Probably the best way to be. They’ve been a band for 20 years spending a majority of that time together in the studio or on the road. At some point they’ve got to get tired of each other. This is exactly why you don’t work with family or date a co-worker (though I’m very guilty of the latter).

Thinking about it, it's not so weird. I don't know where most of my coworkers live...

7 hours ago, Seelentau said:

yyeah. my translation is way more accurate.

in all other cases the guy is surprisingly right.

probably because "BLA BLA WE'VE FUCKED THE CAT" doesn't really fit Kyo's Sekai no Pain.

Edited by Wicked Teletubby

11 hours ago, Seelentau said:

To be fair, this sounds like one of those intern joke texts that got added to a translation and then forgotten. :D

*third world workers

also imagine just accidentally ending up in the official dir en grey group chat

12 hours ago, Zeus said:

Thinking about it, it's not so weird. I don't know where most of my coworkers live...

Yeah. People just assume that band members are BFFs. It’s not uncommon for musicians to not get along with each other, but they keep a strictly professional relationship because there’s creative chemistry that they value. Shinya has kind of hinted at maybe getting tired of it more than anyone else (something about losing ambition during tours, said he hated Marrow of a Bone), but also said the band is how he expresses himself. 

Hell, Aoi is on record as saying he considered saying peace out to Gazette at one point. Chemistry on stage doesn’t necessarily reflect how things are behind the scenes. 

Ignoring chemistry behind the stage doesn't really help creating a whole picture, either.

Fact is, nobody of us knows what exactly is going on with them right now.

They're finishing their album and will go on tour this year.

Will it be the last one? Who knows. Was there a big fallout during the making of the album? Who knows.

Is kaoru_jzhz Kaoru's real instagram account? Who knows.

It’s a cultural thing too. If a western band has internal issues, specifically an American one, the whole world knows about it. Japanese people are more about keeping things close to the chest. 

Praying DEG to never disband until one of them passed to eternity :P

Boredom happens, that's why they have side projects, be it another band or clothing business.

That's why people still need to respect personal space even for couples after marriage, the "me time" are as important as ever.  

I've been in several bands that broke up due to weird personal issues. It's actually a lot better to keep it strictly professional if your actual job is making music with the band and it's not just a side project. Otherwise, all the things that happen between members personally inevitably carries over into the working relationship.

Ive watched a live stream of them after a concert and Kaoru and Die were drinking beers with Boo and chilling. I'm sure its pretty professional, but all of those tours ... they have to be a lot closer than they probably like to admit.