Spike760

Dir en grey

I think it's hilarious how every time they release something there's a line of doomsayers prepared to prophesize the end the of the band and how it's inevitably only going to go downhill from here. Disbandment imminent. 

People have been saying this for the past fifteen years that I have personal experience with, and I'm sure before that people in Japan complained how Gauze and their major debut was inevitably going to lead to them blowing up and crashing. And before that people most likely complained that MISSA didn't sound like La:Sadie's. 

It's almost as if people confuse their subjective opinion of a single song/release with how the band is doing at large. 

When the Great Legend Dir En Grey comes together once every ten years to release something, all the people from the vk sphere come together as one to roast the members and their mid life crisis (and the crooked way they produce their songs). 

Honestly, at this point the doomsday preaching every time Dir en grey releases something has kind of become as much of a VK staple as the annual ''My favorite band just disbanded... Could this be the end of Visual Kei?" . It's like part of the ritual or something.

I have a better version of Shinya's, but since it's a twitter picture, this forum doesn't let me post it as a picture :))))

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbnoX6GXkAA-t0d.jpg

"When the world runs out of carrots, I'll eat humans."

You can see Toshiya's here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbiJG_lVQAEn7E5.jpg:large

(Again, this forum doesn't let me insert twitter pictures via url, whyever that is the case)

Edited by Seelentau

Kaoru’s looks like the same design he had painted on his face. I’m still not sure what it’s supposed to be though.

Edited by Kelrya

For some reason DEG has become the go to band for Youtube reaction channels, and there’s always like the same five people leaving comments in all of them. It’s strange. 

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

For some reason DEG has become the go to band for Youtube reaction channels, and there’s always like the same five people leaving comments in all of them. It’s strange. 

send them here x

7 hours ago, nekkichi said:

send them here x

Don’t think I haven’t considered it. 

There’s one that thinks DEG is just the tops at everything they do and pushes Decayed Crow like a mutherfucker. We’ve had words, lol. 

So the TAKUMI listed as DEG’s live keyboardist is the same as the one in Sukekiyo, yes? Only reason I ask is because his name isn’t written in kanji.