Spike760

Dir en grey

3 hours ago, Wicked Teletubby said:

is it too boring to start with OBSCURE video?

anywho, that's how I did. 'twas the end of 2006 and TMOAB was coming soon.

I got hooked on every release since then.

and yeah, DIR was my first j-rock band.

I think the Obscure video is one of the worst places to start, I dunno. It doesn’t showcase the band on a musical level, the PV is all distracting shock value poo poo, and the song itself gets randomly interrupted thru the whole thing. 

2018.04.16 CLUB CITTA KAWASAKI setlist

01 new song / ‘Cone song’
02 DIFFERENTSENSE
03 てふてふ / tefutefu
04 禍夜想 / magayasou
05 鴉 / karasu
06 腐海 / fukai
07 Midwife
08 VINUSHKA
09 new song / ‘PUNK IS NOT DEAD’
10 new song / Ranunculus
11 DISABLED COMPLEXES
12 Sustain the Untruth
13 Beautiful Dirt

ENCORE:
en14 LOTUS
en15 霧と繭 / Kiri to mayu
en16 詩踏み / Utafumi
en17 REPETITION OF HATRED
en18 The IIID Empire

*I don’t know the new song titles so they get ‘nicknames from videos ;)
'Ranunculus’ has lyrics on the screen so for 100% Kyo sings Ranunculus during the refrain.

http://kyotakumrau.tumblr.com/post/172993340397/20180416-club-citta-kawasaki-setlist-01-new

7 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

09 new song / ‘PUNK IS NOT DEAD’

loving that Ash remake

what the FUCK is Ranunculus by the way?

3 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

How do you know that the new single wasn't played?

Unless it IS the track played on the Mode Of Kisou tour which @Wicked Teletubby just mentioned in his new thread...

I feel like something should've given off the hint that Ningen was one of the new songs played. Doesn't seem like it so ima just assume it wasn't played.

Well nobody knows how the song sounds like because there are no samples yet... or are there? :D

No but srsly, it was 100% one of the three songs they played, and my bet goes to Ranunculus, since that's the song they already played back in 2017.

:)

Ranunculus sounds like a Harry Potter spell. Google search shows that it's a plant, so maybe the spell could make anything smell like flowers.

"Ranunculus: A spell used to enhance one's aroma. Useful right before a date or when you're about to meet your husband's parents for the first time and you're just nervous.

Tips: For a more powerful effect, roll the "r" in Ranunculus."

From what I read on Twitter there is a song that is similar to 詩踏み with a mix of shouting and singing. Then there is the ballad they played last year and another new song that is apparently very upbeat and poppy with an 80s hard rock vibe.

45 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

Then there is the ballad they played last year

This one? afaik there are only two new songs, now five?

From kyotaku:

New song / ‘Cone’
It starts fast and heavy, it’s quite melodic. Kyo was half singing half shouting, the speed changed few times. I remember cones the most from the video, but there were also a crown of thorns? I think this was what Kyo wore for his artist photo.

New song / 'PUNK IS NOT DEAD’.
It is also a medium~fast and melodic song, very catchy! It finished kind of abruptly? There were some parts were Kyo sang higher, little bit of shouting.
The video had footage of many punks with mohawks and various slogans like 'punk is not dead’, 'go mad’ etc. It also showed an inside of the train station, was it London Underground? It looked vaguely familiar.

New song / Ranunculus
I was so excited when the first notes started playing! They definitely developed it more, it felt like it had more detail (according to my memory, it was a long time since I heard it!). I felt like they added more guitars and the melody in the beginning started with electronic notes with piano joining (was it just piano before? I can’t remember). It is a lovely ballad, very sad but feels strong at the same time. The lyrics of the song were displayed on the screen, other images were trees, sunset and fire?

Edited by Seelentau

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

This one? afaik there are only two new songs, now five?

As far as I understand, there are four new songs.
One from DSS tour (Kyotaku haven't mentioned that they've played it today), one from Kisou tour (Ranunculus), and two from this concert (Cone and Punk).

Edited by EvilHippy

7 hours ago, platy said:

Punk is not dead...? Doesn't sound like a Dir En Grey thing. 

Although we know these aren't the real titles, I would actually believe it could belong around the Kisou era, back when Kyo was still wearing MAD STALIN shirts etc.