Spike760

Dir en grey

I imagine it was one of the new songs they've been playing live recently, so I bet SOMEONE has a shitty cell-phone quality bootleg of it. They're probably charging $500 for it too.

Edited by geist
words are hard

Terekos aren't sold, at least not in Japan. The batsu guys, on the other hand...

By the way, I have the INSANITY cover from back in the day, give me 30 bitcoins and I send it over.

:)

16 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Terekos aren't sold, at least not in Japan. The batsu guys, on the other hand...

By the way, I have the INSANITY cover from back in the day, give me 30 bitcoins and I send it over.

:)

They absolutely are sold because that’s how the Batsu guys got some of theirs, it just so happens that trading is the most popular form of exchange. At least one of them has a connect in Japan who knows a few people that trade bootlegs. For people in the west that want them, there’s a price. 

So... what's your point? They aren't sold in Japan, period. They might be sold to (and among) Westerners, because muh filthy gaijin weeaboo trash deserves to be ripped off.

But in Japan and among Japanese (or knowledgeable Western) fans, they're generally not sold, not published and, if the trader asks you to, you're not even supposed to trade them with others. If you act against the "unwritten rules" of the tereko community, you're shunned pretty quickly and can say good-bye to trading, basically.

Edited by Seelentau

2 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

good that they never stop with the self-covers,Ash made me more excited than the new song itself

honestly i don't expect anything amazing,i just want it to be fun to listen

Same 100%

I hope that the remake of Ash isn’t almost completely unrecognizable (like Tsumi to Batsu or Hydra 666, although I do like both of these songs a lot I see them more as sequels than remakes) but also not so similar that it serves no purpose (like The Final or Kasumi).

I think their best remakes are the ones that have enough recognizable aspects of the original for fans to latch onto, but update the song in interesting ways, like Kiri to Mayu  or Zan or Karma for example. Of course at this point I’m just expecting a heavier version of the instrumental with a bunch of cat noises, angsty whispering and yodeling from Kyo.

Edited by Kelrya

The Tsumi to Batsu remake sounds unrecognizable, but a lot of the original elements are there, just played at a much slower tempo. Hydra 666 kind of keeps the spirit of the original with the flicka flicka guitars and the way Die and Kaoru trade off on the main riff... but other than that yeah, it sucks. But so does Hydra anyway. 

I really hope that Ash sound as recognizable as the three re recorded tracks included on their best album(also the new guitar tone used on these songs are so enjoyable).

I really liked the way they took the title of old tracks and almost turned to new ones.and let's be honest,even if it sucks for some dir en grey listeners,these self covers were very inspired and original.not lifeless re records like the gazette trace's vol2.

Edited by Manji 卍

On 2/28/2018 at 6:27 AM, Saishu said:

The Tsumi to Batsu remake sounds unrecognizable, but a lot of the original elements are there, just played at a much slower tempo. Hydra 666 kind of keeps the spirit of the original with the flicka flicka guitars and the way Die and Kaoru trade off on the main riff... but other than that yeah, it sucks. But so does Hydra anyway. 

Its like one day you post something i can cosign and then you go around and post nonsense like this bro. Is everything ok at home man? My PMs are open if you wanna talk. Don't do this. 

Edited by Ro plz

I like Hydra 666 a lot (more than the original) but the only similarity is the rhythm and the ambient interlude. I don’t hate the original version but it doesn’t do much for me. Macabre as a whole is my least favorite DEG album although I love the title track.

From what I could gather from concert reports (my Japanese isn’t perfect but it’s decent) they played a fast and heavy yet catchy song with heavy riffs and a lot of growling and shouting during the mode of DSS tour. Then during the mode of Kisou tour they played another new song but this time it was a ballad with an electronic intro and no screaming. Given that 人間を被る means to wear a human as a mask/hat I feel like it’s gonna be the heavy song although who knows, it could be a completely different song. I saw a couple interviews around the time that 詩踏み came out where Kyo said that DSS is his favorite DEG album but that he felt that it was fans’ least favorite. It’s my favorite too so I may be biased but I think people liked it more that MoaB in general. He also said that he though ballads weren’t a good choice for a single which makes me think the next single may not be the song played during mode of Kisou.

1 hour ago, Kelrya said:

Given that 人間を被る means to wear a human as a mask/hat I feel like it’s gonna be the heavy song

What makes you connect those two things?

The imagery of ripping off someone’s face and wearing it as a mask lol. Maybe I’m taking the meaning too literally but I’ve seen other people saying this.

Edited by Kelrya

It could also mean someone who acts like a human, but doesn't really relate to them or feels like a human underneath the mask... or so :3

Or maybe it's about skinwalkers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Seelentau

5 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Its like one day you post something i can cosign and then you go around and post nonsense like this bro. Is everything ok at home man? My PMs are open if you wanna talk. Don't do this. 

It’s a good live song, but nearly six minutes of that shit on an album? Fuck that, bro. 

DED BWWAAAAAAHHHHHGGHH

SEEDUH VEESHUS SUHSPEESHUSSS