Spike760

Dir en grey

I know, it’s just interesting Kyo used it again. 

Speaking of ryoujoku no ame, it bothers me when it gets translated to “rain of rape”. That sounds so ridiculous. 

57 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

wouldn't it be cool if they followed yutefoomei and naindgen vou kaybooroo with a Japanese-titled album

I think it would be both

giphy.gif and giphy.gif

Didn't Kyo do it already with Adoratio song names?

10 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

Didn't Kyo do it already with Adoratio song names?

not with a lead single called "anima"?

4 minutes ago, Disposable said:

from this thread 

that or their last.fm shoutbox, omg

Edited by nekkichi

So, judging from the songs played on the Mode of____ Tours, are we hoping it's the thrashy song or the one with the electronic direction? With the title, I'm hoping for a bit of both.

5 hours ago, nekkichi said:

not with a lead single called "anima"?

Anima wasn't included in Adoratio.

4 hours ago, Saishu said:

Wait what?

All song titles from Adoratio are in Japanese.

Edited by EvilHippy

26 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

All song titles from Adoratio are in Japanese.

Right. But what nekkichi is saying is now that we have two singles with Japanese titles, the upcoming album should also have a Japanese title. The only one is Kisou. 

Unless Missa means something. 

42 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Right. But what nekkichi is saying is now that we have two singles with Japanese titles, the upcoming album should also have a Japanese title. The only one is Kisou. 

Unless Missa means something. 

Oh. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Well, if we count new tour's title, then it's seems possible for an album title to be in Japanese.

On 2/4/2018 at 2:11 PM, Ro plz said:

Anyways....

Rinkaku is still the best Dir en grey song ever.

Is there any debate to this? Id love to hear peoples (wrong) thoughts. 

Idk I think Rinkaku is definitely in the bottom half of their songs. It's not the worst or anything, but it just seems really uneven to me. The chorus is also really odd, though it's interesting. I also don't like the drum part in the chorus, it really doesn't gel with the phrasing of the melodies IMO

Edited by StriderSubzero

18 hours ago, Saishu said:

The drum pattern in the chorus matches up Kyo’s vocal phrasing. 

I don't agree, actually. I have no idea how to notate this in plain text so I'll try to write it out, but the emphasis on the snare kick drum is constant 16th notes. There's sort of an implied swing in the rhythm of the vocals, but it is in 4/4. This is open to interpretation, but I think the drum pattern is actually supposed to simulate a 6/8 timing but since there's very little dynamics, it just sounds like a pounding 16th note pulse to me. The emphasis on the vocal part is not on the 1 of the measure, and definitely at the end of the phrase there's some triplets or dotted notes in there (I'd have to sit down and notate it out, I'm not sure after a few quick listens). I think the main part that bothers me is the 16th note kick pattern; it seems really at odds to the air-y, swing-y vocal pattern there.

EDIT: typo

Edited by StriderSubzero

Is the kick drum playing 16ths or 8ths?

i see where you’re coming from, but the other thing to consider is that Shinya is basically doing what the rest of the band is doing, and he specifically is locked in with Toshiya.

when it comes to drum patterns that don’t feel right to me, I immediately think of the undecided remake, particularly when Shinya starts pounding on the hi-hat halfway thru the guitar solo then moves it to the ride towards the end. It almost sounds like a stock drum pattern in an old Casio keyboard. 

6 hours ago, Saishu said:

Is the kick drum playing 16ths or 8ths?

i see where you’re coming from, but the other thing to consider is that Shinya is basically doing what the rest of the band is doing, and he specifically is locked in with Toshiya.

Definitely 16th the way I would notate it, but it's up to interpretation, depending on what you consider the tempo to be. I would say it's ~135 bpm, and to me that's the most logical way to interpret it, but you could notate it differently if you wanted to

Shinya is following Toshiya there with the kick pattern, but that's not really necessary since he's doing the same thing on the ride. I think it would sound better if he just did the kicks on the downbeat, or played off the swings in the vocals, but it's just a personal taste thing. It also sounds really sloppy live, but that's another issue altogether I guess.