Spike760

Dir en grey

There’s also a wah in The Pledge which, honestly, is a far better example of a sister song to Tousei. 

I also did not connect Revelation of Mankind to Saku on a musical level at all. 

Can people just like what they like instead of trying to call each other out with faux-musical knowledge and passive aggressive statements deriding the musical taste of another? It doesn't matter if one person likes "The Inferno" and the other person does not. We're not all going to like the same things! That's fine! Dir en grey has been around for twenty years and if they retread some old steps or make some songs you aren't going to like, you can live with it.

And don't call out mods to "do their jobs" when we're watching this thread constantly for the actions of three of you. Just because we don't say anything to you doesn't mean we aren't aware. Don't dig yourself a hole you can't climb out of.

EASEMAY EASEMAY!

There should be an announcement for the last two DVDs soon. Also, I predict a new single in the latter half of 2018.

Edited by Seelentau

6 hours ago, Alroy said:

Why is it that you insist on someone getting triggered over your statements? Were I passive aggressive for questioning your negative attitude towards people not really giving a damn about bazillion dorky-titled subgenres? You seem to love it so much to the point where you are eager invent some petty strawmen and even pettier claims that you "corrected" something as if you were some kind of Allmusic-tier critic authority knowing DEG or genres they play to the very core.

Easy with the inferiority complex, sweetie, you’re embarrassing yourself. I never said my statements triggered people. Let’s not forget: you started pissing and moaning because one person on the internet said they liked a song. 

Just one problem: you decided to weigh your opinion on a topic which you have 0 knowledge of, so I had to correct you. You legit thought the Gaika and Inferno outros were the same when they have 0 similarities other than the fact musical notes are being played in 4/4 time. You only said this because Dir en greys new material triggers you, so you tried to pretend you knew shit to slap down other people that like the music. 

But again, it’s hard to discuss music with someone that has 0 knowledge of music and who couldn’t tell the difference between a C major chord and their own asshole. 

I know why you lashed out at me. It’s painfully obvious. Within music communities (especially VK), an individuals perceived status is linked to how much they know about the band. You wanted to fit in and impress people with your supposed “knowledge”, so you legitimately got upset when I drew that “knowledge” into question. Simply put: I hurt your ego, and you lashed out in an attempt to protect it. 

I find it odd you would liken me to a child when I’m not the one who started crying when someone else said they liked a song that I didn’t. But of course, your fragile ego needs protecting, so believe whatever nonsense you’d like: not like that hasn’t stopped you before, now has it?

🤔

Edited by geist
Lazy

7 hours ago, Alroy said:

@WhirlingBlackit might be your job to finish this shitfest instead of liking posts and letting this thread sink into Fukkatsu cesspool. 

You are solely responsible for the situation that occured. 

You constantly try to bait other members into arguments by making unsubstantiated "edgy"/inflammatory claims and then when someone calls you out on argumentative fallacies whenever you try to tread beyond the purely subjective, you either create straw men to fight against or whine about the "tone" in the discussion, a tone you very much set the standard for when needlessly attacking other members on their subjective taste, like or dislike of a certain song. 

Not only do you monopolize threads and antagonize people who don't agree with you, when you're done digging your own grave you have the nerve to call me out for not throwing you a rope and dragging you out of it.

There's a reason why the reply got so many likes, perhaps you should reflect on your own actions on this forum a bit and how you present yourself here. Making a new account isn't much use when you keep falling back into the same patterns.

Finally, don't tell me how I should and shouldn't do my job. The team keeps an eye on all threads and we don't take kindly to being told by others what actions to take. If you have a problem, use the report function or PM one of us.

@WhirlingBlackokay sir, then at least respond to complaints.

1 hour ago, geist said:

Easy with the inferiority complex, sweetie, you’re embarrassing yourself. I never said my statements triggered people. Let’s not forget: you started pissing and moaning because one person on the internet said they liked a song. 

Ruh-roh. You are just a broken record right now. "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it"? Is that your motto?

Anyways....

Rinkaku is still the best Dir en grey song ever.

Is there any debate to this? Id love to hear peoples (wrong) thoughts. 

Edited by Ro plz

10 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

Anyways....

I think it's great but somehow I'm sick of hearing it already. Like eating too much of your favorite candy. 

im dir en grey's biggest fan because i havent even listened to all their songs

1 hour ago, Ro plz said:

Anyways....

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU 

Now excuse me while I rant about how terrible it is you have an opinion that differs from mine. 

For real though, Rinkaku is pretty fucking great. Kyo’s voice is good; but it’s the instrumentation that does it for me. 

And is that troll really posting with a different account now? lmao, how embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Ro plz said:

Anyways....

It’s up there, and probably the first song I’d use to introduce the band to someone. It’s their entire career condensed into one song. 

An abridged Arche, I guess. 

Yeah, Rinkaku is nice, but it appears too often everywhere. Then again, I guess that's the fate of singles, huh.

By the way, Utafumi wasn't the first song that made a call-back to an earlier song. "Tsumi to Batsu" has a line that is "Ryojoku no ame". :)