Spike760

Dir en grey

Haha, i remember using part of the Mazohyst conversation as a security question. You made up your own question and answer and I used “ryouri ha ii desu ka?” “Hai.”

1 hour ago, Alroy said:

Thanks everyone for details and corrections provided. I wonder how they could let that concert title pass if Japan happens to be so sensitive about any artistic representation or interpretation of abortion-related issues for decades.

I could not find any new songs cited on Setlist.fm now that I decided to revisit my claims. Was Utafumi the only new song played after ARCHE or were there other live debuts involved? Normally they could perform a couple or three new songs off their upcoming album like months or even a year beforehand.

One new song was played during DSS tour, other during Kisou tour

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

Haha, i remember using part of the Mazohyst conversation as a security question. You made up your own question and answer and I used “ryouri ha ii desu ka?” “Hai.”

"ryouri" means "cooking" xD

You basically asked if the cooking is alright :D

A lot of people who doesn't like metal always asked me -how do you dance to this kind of "music"?-

Now I'll just show them the PV for Beautiful Dirt

18 hours ago, Asakusa said:

A lot of people who doesn't like metal always asked me -how do you dance to this kind of "music"?-

Now I'll just show them the PV for Beautiful Dirt

Shit like this pisses me off. I also hear “you can’t even sing along to it”, as if being able to dance and sing along are the only things that qualify music as music. 

30 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

安東    大

西村    宏則

新倉    薫

原    敏政

寺地    晋也

…だね

These have never been confirmed to be their real names, but yes, this is what people (for some reason?) think are their actual names.

Readings for people who can't read the post above:

Andou Masaru (Die)

Nishimura Hironori (Kyo)*

Niikura Kaoru (Kaoru)

Hara Toshimasa (Toshiya)

Terachi Shinya (Shinya)

*A lot of western fans thinks Kyo's real name is Tooru, but this has been proved wrong before. Iirc it was Kyo trolling in an interview (a Japanese source states it was in the magazine KERA) and said that his name is Tooru. The fan translation never mentioned it being a joke and then people ended up believing it was real. Or something along those lines. 

I'm amazed at how widespread those wrong names like Tooru Niimura or Nishimura are, tbh.

I wasn't into DEG at the vkei-craze (06~08), but whenever I read posts from that time online...

Western bangya are scary, man. I think I probably dislike (or outright hate) 99% of the DEG fanbase.

I just read a certain person's tumblr and there are so many things about Kyo's feelings and whatever, some people claiming to be his fiancee and other weird shit.

Those names are/were thought to be real on tanuki some years ago. I've yet to hear any update.

This is the source for "Nishimura Tooru", btw:

cVNOsY1.jpg

Dunno if it's from a KERA magazine, though. Also, the name lacks furigana, so there's multiple possible ways to read it. Funnily, "Niimura" is not one of the readings, no idea where that name comes from.

The only actually confirmed names are "Kaoru" and "Shinya", as in, only the first names.

I've also read that Kyo sometime confirmed that his last name is "Nishimura", but well, no real source for that.

Edited by Seelentau

15 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Those names are/were thought to be real on tanuki some years ago. I've yet to hear any update.

Yes, these names are what the Japanese fanbase consider as their actual names (I'm assuming these originate from tanuki, but I'm definitely not sure). I do however believe that the members (or any official source) have never confirmed them to be real. I've never heard Kaoru and Shinya being confirmed either, but then again I'm not a huge Dir en grey stan to begin with, so if you have any actual proof then go ahead. 

9 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Yes, these names are what the Japanese fanbase consider as their actual names (I'm assuming these originate from tanuki, but I'm definitely not sure). I do however believe that the members (or any official source) have never confirmed them to be real. I've never heard Kaoru and Shinya being confirmed either, but then again I'm not a huge Dir en grey stan to begin with, so if you have any actual proof then go ahead. 

I asked a tanuki tumblr about it a few years ago and she said that these names are true, according to tanuki. But that's all just rumours, of course.^^

I don't really care about the band members, either. I just know that Kaoru confirms his name in Haiiro no Ginka vol. 0 and his book Dokugen, and Shinya in Haiiro no Ginka vol. 0, too.

42 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Western bangya are scary, man. I think I probably dislike (or outright hate) 99% of the DEG fanbase.

I just read a certain person's tumblr and there are so many things about Kyo's feelings and whatever, some people claiming to be his fiancee and other weird shit.

European? Because ever since dir en grey became DIR EN GREY I've only seen people in the U.S. associate them with progressive metal or avant-garde metal and many aren't even aware or their visual kei past.

I just realized one of my old hard drives is dying and some folders are no longer readable rip

do any of you 2002-2005 Diru stans have their photoshoots stacked that you can UL for me? I'm mostly interested in vulgar/the final/saku promo (I don't remember where saku one was from, possibly ohp - it's a bunch of v. small pictures shot in a garage or something, all tinted green.)

10 hours ago, Seelentau said:

All Western. Don't know where exactly these people live^^

Worst thing about being a DEG fan that’s a grown ass man: being lumped in with the fucking weirdos that squee over everything from new haircuts to some subtle facial tics Kyo makes during an interview. Makes me wonder if any of them are actually even listening to the music. 

I remember in the days of Batsu there was one die hard fan (which i won't mention the name but i'm pretty sure any one from batsu rembers) that this person would fight anybody that would question anything this person posted about DEG specially about Kyo. Those were some funny days...

I suppose every fandom has its share of blindly devoted soldiers, but the ones with the complete lack of objectivity amaze me. 

In fact, I think I just answered my own question about whether or not these people actually listen to the music. I remember when Lotus came out there were people saying how nice it was to hear Kyo sing and the addition of piano was nice new touch to DEG’s style. I’m like, you dumb motherfuckers, Glass Skin wasn’t that long ago!

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Worst thing about being a DEG fan that’s a grown ass man: being lumped in with the fucking weirdos

But that's my favorite thing about their shows. I always go in thinking I'm going to hate it but it's somehow made so much better by the fact that I feel hilariously out of place, yet we're all watching the same five Japanese men slowly trudge through their midlife crises on stage. It's strangely cathartic.