Spike760

Dir en grey

I think I’m going to work on my own version of Vestige of Scratches tonight. I want to see what exactly I would put on my own best album. 

I’ll call it “Traces of Boo Boos”

Ah, okay. Just asking because the uploader's avatar looks similar to yours. :D

Anyway, shows that there's actually professional footage of that concert, aside of the one we know from Mousou~/VOS docu... wonder how it found its way on to YouTube...

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

I think I’m going to work on my own version of Vestige of Scratches tonight. I want to see what exactly I would put on my own best album. 

I’ll call it “Traces of Boo Boos”

I did the same, except I called my VESTIGE playlists "VESTIGE OF ASSES"

I did it!

TRACES OF OUCHES DISC 1

GARDEN
JEALOUS
Unknown...Despair...a Lost
ゆらめき
密と唾
Schweinの椅子
304号室、白死の桜
Ash 
Berry 
理由 
蛍火 
ザクロ 
腐海 (VoS version)

DISC 2

Bottom of the death valley 
逆上堪能ケロイドミルク
undecided (2008 remake)
鴉 -karasu- 
Mr.NEWSMAN
audience KILLER LOOP (VoS remaster)
砂上の唄
RED...[em]
Amber 
Merciless Cult 
朔 -saku-  (VoS remaster)
Spilled Milk
愛しさは腐敗につき
CONCEIVED SORROW 
THE FATAL BELIEVER 
THE PLEDGE 
艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み
凌辱の雨 (single version)

DISC 3

蜷局 
GLASS SKIN 
我、闇とて… 
慟哭と去りぬ
VINUSHKA
流転の塔 
Different Sense 
「欲巣にDREAMBOX」あるいは成熟の理念と冷たい雨
激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 (single version)
霧と繭 (2012 remake)
Behind a vacant image
鱗 
Phenomenon 
懐春 
濤声 
Un deux 

Edited by Saishu

New tour announced. Or at least I got a ton of tweets. TOUR 18 真世界

"pure world" or something. Not sure because I don't renshuu shimasu my nihingos enough. 

Wow, another tour? This start to feel like System Of A Down that toured never endingly so that they feel comfy with each other again before deciding if there's a new album or not.

5 hours ago, blacktooth said:

New tour announced. Or at least I got a ton of tweets. TOUR 18 真世界

"pure world" or something. Not sure because I don't renshuu shimasu my nihingos enough. 

4 hours ago, LIDL said:

Wow, another tour? This start to feel like System Of A Down that toured never endingly so that they feel comfy with each other again before deciding if there's a new album or not.

@blacktooth 真世界 could actually mean "The Real World" (yes, just like that MTV series) if you understood the meaning behind it's on'yomi pronunciation - "Shinsekai" (derived indirectly from "Zhenshijie" which is how one could read the same kanjis/hanzis in Chinese). The fun part here is that this seems to be a wordplay on 新世界 which is also "Shinsekai", and which respectively means "The New World".

@LIDLI don't think Dir would feel like touring nonstop with the same run of songs to be played, since they do already have a share of new songs performed and a lot already recorded and mixed inbetween, no? They need a new "theme" to roll with, which should mean a new album on the shelves sooner or later.

EDIT: the first batch of dates has been released on their OHP

“TOUR18 真世界(SHINSEKAI)” announced to start in April, 2018!

2018.01.17 SCHEDULE

It has just been announced that DIR EN GREY “TOUR18 真世界(SHINSEKAI)” will be held in April, 2018, starting with a live show limited to OFFICIAL FAN CLUB 「a knot」 members. The tour will have DIR EN GREY touring 5 cities all around Japan, for a total of 7 shows.
Tickets sales will start on Jan.22nd (Mon.) with the 1st round of “「a knot」 Ticket Presale” (Only 「a knot」 members having an active membership by Jan.1st, 2018 are eligible for the 1st ticket presale).
To be eligible for the 2nd round of “「a knot」 Ticket Presale” starting on Feb. 14th (Wed.), you need to register a membership (and pay the membership fee) within Jan. 20th (Sat.). Don’t miss this chance and join 「a knot」!

TOUR18 真世界(SHINSEKAI)
2018/4/16(Mon.)【KANAGAWA】CLUB CITTA’ -「a knot」only- [★]
2018/4/18(Wed.)【TOKYO】SHINKIBA STUDIO COAST [★]
2018/4/19(Thu.)【TOKYO】SHINKIBA STUDIO COAST [★]
2018/4/25(Wed.)【OSAKA】NANBA Hatch [★]
2018/4/26(Thu.)【OSAKA】NANBA Hatch [★]
2018/4/28(Sat.)【MIYAGI】Sendai Ginko Hall Izumity21 [★]
2018/5/1(Tue.)【AICHI】Zepp Nagoya [★]

Edited by Alroy

tumblr_p2oe3zKXun1rkm240o1_1280.png

I wonder why it's such a short tour, though... so it's:

Tour

mode of DVDs

Single(?)

Album

or something like that, hopefully.

Oh by the way, I made a little video about one of their lives:

Edited by Seelentau

They didn't have Japanese-titled tour titles for a while though? I mean ,ever since 2003 (列島激震行脚 FINAL 5 UGLY KINGDOM) they have been stuck with botched Engrish titles akin to UNWAVERING FACT OF TOMORROW and that kind of hot mess.

I wish they could ditch cringey Uroboros-ish taglines for good too...

Anyone can confirm whether " Is this really okay with you? Yes. How many have you had? Just one. I’ve killed countless children. Is this really permissible? I’ll ask again. Is this really okay with you? Are you prepared? Yes. Then let us begin." was a legit title for Diru's Osaka-jo hall live back in 1999?

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/dir-en-grey-43d6c33b.html?tour=Is+this+really+okay+with+you?+Yes.+How+many+have+you+had?+Just+one.+I’ve+killed+countless+children.+Is+this+really+permissible?+I’ll+ask+again.+Is+this+really+okay+with+you?+Are+you+prepared?+Yes.+Then+let+us+begin.

Edited by Alroy

1 hour ago, Alroy said:

They didn't have Japanese-titled tour titles for a while though? I mean ,ever since 2003 (列島激震行脚 FINAL 5 UGLY KINGDOM) they have been stuck with botched Engrish titles akin to UNWAVERING FACT OF TOMORROW and that kind of hot mess.

I wish they could ditch cringey Uroboros-ish taglines for good too...

Anyone can confirm whether " Is this really okay with you? Yes. How many have you had? Just one. I’ve killed countless children. Is this really permissible? I’ll ask again. Is this really okay with you? Are you prepared? Yes. Then let us begin." was a legit title for Diru's Osaka-jo hall live back in 1999?

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/dir-en-grey-43d6c33b.html?tour=Is+this+really+okay+with+you?+Yes.+How+many+have+you+had?+Just+one.+I’ve+killed+countless+children.+Is+this+really+permissible?+I’ll+ask+again.+Is+this+really+okay+with+you?+Are+you+prepared?+Yes.+Then+let+us+begin.

Yes, it's the tour's title. The DVD/VHS is called 1999年12月18日大阪城ホール.

The title of the gig was:

本当にこれでいいんですね ハイ あなたは何人目ですか 一人目です 僕は数え切れない子供を殺しています あなたは許せますか
・・・・・もう一度聞きます 本当にこれでいいんですね ハイ 用意はいいですか ハイ では始めましょう

And the date was: 12月18日 大阪城ホール

You could just look at their OHP for this information, all tour titles are displayed there. Not sure where the idea that it should be in English came from.

Thanks everyone for details and corrections provided. I wonder how they could let that concert title pass if Japan happens to be so sensitive about any artistic representation or interpretation of abortion-related issues for decades.

I could not find any new songs cited on Setlist.fm now that I decided to revisit my claims. Was Utafumi the only new song played after ARCHE or were there other live debuts involved? Normally they could perform a couple or three new songs off their upcoming album like months or even a year beforehand.

Edited by Alroy