Spike760

Dir en grey

50 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Same here. In fact, I have a playlist that’s a drastically altered Arche with the inclusion of and Zero and Tefu Tefu. 

Do tell :3

Due to the huge differences between Clever Sleazoid's single and albums versions, I'm curious; how many singles do the band have that differ wildly to their album counterparts?

(I'm aware of Hageshisa's differences (album version is shit, single version is THE shit) and Sustain The Untruth (the single version actually has an audible, bitching bassline) but that's about it). 

23 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

Due to the huge differences between Clever Sleazoid's single and albums versions, I'm curious; how many singles do the band have that differ wildly to their album counterparts?

(I'm aware of Hageshisa's differences (album version is shit, single version is THE shit) and Sustain The Untruth (the single version actually has an audible, bitching bassline) but that's about it). 

Myaku and [KR]Cube have extended intros/outros

Child Prey's Vulgar Version has different EQ levels for guitars and Kyo screams "The reasons why one can't laugh..." part instead of speaking through walkie-talkie/megaphone filtering (single version)

Embryo's single version has different lyrics

Ryoujoku no Ame's single version feels much more one take-ier, has WtD mixing enabled and Kyo falsettoing during the climax part instead of mumbling (TMOAB version)

Lotus' single version is much muddier and does not push Toshiya to the front.

Embryo has different lyrics and Ryoujoku no Ame has re-recorded vocals. Those are the first two I think of aside from what you already mentioned. 

I actually prefer Lotus’ single version. It has better dynamics I think. 

Edited by Saishu

37 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

Do tell :3

Behind a vacant image

uroko

sustain the untruth

chain repulsion

cause of fickleness 

midwife

tefu tefu

phenomenon

the inferno

and zero

kaishun

rinkaku

magayasou

soshaku

revelation of mankind

tousei

kukoku no kyouon

un deux

It still needs to be tweaked. I was going for a combination of Arche at Budokan 2016.02.06 and just trying to treat it as an old school LP with a side a and side b, with and zero being the split. I also liked the idea of starting things off with one of the more somber tracks and ending with a positive one. 

Its still kind of a mess, but DEG never really adhering to one style makes it difficult to get a good flow. 

That's very similar to what I did, but I like keeping Un deux as the opener. Behind a Vacant Image is a great closer and is really the only track that leaves me satisfied once it's over.

Tousei might be much closer to achieving the finale-ier feeling than BaVI which just ends abruptly like almost any other ARCHE track. C'mon, it's basically Kodou revisited the more you listen to it.

Not sure if @Seelentauis aware of it but there should be some bootleg recordings off early WtD tours ('04) floating around with prototype versions of Jesus Christ.. (funkier rendition),GARBAGE and such. It's such a blasphemy they are still not in the clear.

Edited by Alroy

25 minutes ago, Alroy said:

Tousei might be much closer to achieving the finale-ier feeling than BaVI which just ends abruptly like almost any other ARCHE track. C'mon, it's basically Kodou revisited the more you listen to it.

Not sure if @Seelentauis aware of it but there should be some bootleg recordings off early WtD tours ('04) floating around with prototype versions of Jesus Christ.. (funkier rendition),GARBAGE and such. It's such a blasphemy they are still not in the clear.

I am, but I don't care for post-00 DEG that much. Maybe one or two special shows or so, but the rest is boring. Dunno, it's too "serious" or so. There's no "freedom" anymore, everything is regulated, as it should be, every album, every live.

3 hours ago, Shaolan974 said:

the new version of Fukai is awesome ! 

Seconded. Tbh, I like all three of the re-recordings.

Those PVs are utter garbage, though. It's not like they're doing badly... I wonder why they opted for the cheap option. Maybe they just don't care.

5 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Also Rinkaku, pay attention to the single ver. and the album ver. 

12 hours ago, Alroy said:

Myaku and [KR]Cube have extended intros/outros

Child Prey's Vulgar Version has different EQ levels for guitars and Kyo screams "The reasons why one can't laugh..." part instead of speaking through walkie-talkie/megaphone filtering (single version)

Embryo's single version has different lyrics

Ryoujoku no Ame's single version feels much more one take-ier, has WtD mixing enabled and Kyo falsettoing during the climax part instead of mumbling (TMOAB version)

Lotus' single version is much muddier and does not push Toshiya to the front.

Thank you! :3

11 hours ago, Saishu said:

Behind a vacant image

uroko

sustain the untruth

chain repulsion

cause of fickleness 

midwife

tefu tefu

phenomenon

the inferno

and zero

kaishun

rinkaku

magayasou

soshaku

revelation of mankind

tousei

kukoku no kyouon

un deux

It still needs to be tweaked. I was going for a combination of Arche at Budokan 2016.02.06 and just trying to treat it as an old school LP with a side a and side b, with and zero being the split. I also liked the idea of starting things off with one of the more somber tracks and ending with a positive one. 

Its still kind of a mess, but DEG never really adhering to one style makes it difficult to get a good flow. 

Thanks, I'll give this a try tomorrow! 

15 minutes ago, Alroy said:

Someone brought this up from another board with regards to Phenomenon:

But Diru will never become another NIN though, no?

I find it more similar to Dissabled Complexes instead of Phenomenon actually

17 minutes ago, Asakusa said:

I find it more similar to Dissabled Complexes instead of Phenomenon actually

Phenomenon is not far off from being a sister song to Disabled Complexes though.

According to YT comments the song I linked (2013) is pretty much the combination of these two

Spoiler

(1999 and 1994)

Of which the latter belongs to one of Kaoru's all time favorite albums - and he composed Phenomenon btw:

http://diezu.livejournal.com/5488.html

Edited by Alroy

7 hours ago, Asakusa said:

Also Rinkaku, pay attention to the single ver. and the album ver. 

Rinkaku is mostly just a slightly different mix. More low end, and Shinya’s toms sound less digital than the single version. 

7 hours ago, Asakusa said:

Uunnggh I LOVE Phenomenon, I'd marry to an album (or mini-album) in the same line musically

The ending is so fucking gorgeous it hurts. 

8 hours ago, Saishu said:

It’s also funny specifically calling this a cash grab when that’s basically what any greatest hits/best of collection is. 

I’ve always been puzzled by those sentiments because if you’re a band that writes, promotes, releases, and tours music — your entire purpose is to maximize how many people are buying your products and for how much. These guys don’t do it for free, they expect that you’ll give them money in return for whatever they’re selling and promoting. 

To criticize ANYTHING as being a “cash grab” in popular music just seems weird to me because that’s the whole point. 

2 hours ago, geist said:

I’ve always been puzzled by those sentiments because if you’re a band that writes, promotes, releases, and tours music — your entire purpose is to maximize how many people are buying your products and for how much. These guys don’t do it for free, they expect that you’ll give them money in return for whatever they’re selling and promoting. 

To criticize ANYTHING as being a “cash grab” in popular music just seems weird to me because that’s the whole point. 

yes bitches

who else will pay shinya to drink and kyo to die his hair and be spotted with random girls in shinjuku ? moneyz well spent

I was just lazy when I incorporated and Zero and Tefutefu into the proper album. I tacked and Zero as the intro and Teflonteflon before The inferno so it balances out the whole two song titles in English and two song titles in Kanji setup.