Spike760

Dir en grey

15 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

If you guys could do over the first 7 songs of disc 3, what would you pick?

Tbh, I would have preferred 2 discs of 'shot in one take' songs rather than this bloated 3-disc package of remasters and virtually pointless remakes. All they'd have to do is get all their live crap in a room and just play the songs through (perhaps over a few days so they stay fresh). That would be the best celebration of their material, as it would represent the culmination of the band living and breathing the songs over 20 years. They could even have set up a few cameras in the room and filmed the entire performance for an easy Blu-Ray/DVD that we'd actually enjoy. Check out Chain Repulsion (Shot In One Take) and imagine if they did something similar with stuff from VULGAR, Kisou, MACABRE, etc.

No idea what they were thinking with this album. Should've been called POS rather than VOS.

8 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Tbh, I would have preferred 2 discs of 'shot in one take' songs...That would be the best celebration of their material, as it would represent the culmination of the band living and breathing the songs over 20 years. They could even have set up a few cameras in the room and filmed the entire performance for an easy Blu-Ray/DVD that we'd actually enjoy. 

This is such a good idea. 

I mean, really, a majority of this thing is the result of fans voting. There isn’t much to angry at the band about. Besides, let’s not act like we all haven’t made our own best of albums already. 

Single version of Clever Sleazoid is a good move though. Almost a curveball. But the Decade collections had some surprises too, mostly Jealous -reverse- and the single version of Embryo. 

16 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I mean, really, a majority of this thing is the result of fans voting. There isn’t much to angry at the band about. Besides, let’s not act like we all haven’t made our own best of albums already. 

I'm not angry, just disappointed. 

A one-take album would've been cheap for them to do and easy, as they've been playing and rehearsing these old songs constantly for the [mode of...] tours. It would literally take them between 5-10 minutes to record most songs if they're really one take only.

Too late now, though; they went with the boring corporate model of tweaking the levels slightly on material we've been listening to for two decades. So much for my wet dream of new raw, lo-fi DEG after several densely produced LPs.

54 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Had this been an album of live one-takes, I imagine there would be just as many detractors. “Wasting time and money in a studio playing old shit?! Just give us a new album already!!!”

Hopefully this will be the year

8 hours ago, nullmoon said:

I know this had been touched on previously but what's new exactly with this album? I'm just trying to get some sort of comprehensive list so I can condense everything onto one disc for ease XD 

-Vulgar tracks, WTD tracks, and Umbrella seem to be remastered. How about everything else? 

-Non-album songs seem to be the single versions if I'm not mistaken? (I've never listened to Clever Sleazoid in this form but it's tasty!)

-Disc 3 can pretty much be deleted immediately as it is made up of remakes and recent tracks. 

- Everything (other than the re-recordings) was remastered, but VULGAR/Wtd. aside, the differences are very subtle.

- Using the single version of 脈 before 理由 was kind of strange, they should have just used the album version. Child prey is the album version, not single version

- Disc 3 is problematic; only a handful of the songs are terrible, but only less than half I would have voted to include on a best-of album

On Disc 1, 太陽の蒼 and ain't afraid to die could have just been replaced by MACABRE (the song), and if there was still room on the CD, add in the original 羅刹国.

My problem with Disc 2 is that they tried to cram in songs from 4 different albums. What I think they should have done is use that disc for just VULGAR/Wtd./MARROW, and put UROBOROS tracks on Disc 3.

I made alternative tracklists for each disc, and here's what I picked for Disc 3:

Spoiler

THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB

DIFFERENT SENSE

VINUSHKA

激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇

GLASS SKIN

AMON (Symphonic version, sue me bitch)

禍夜想

LOTUS

Revelation of mankind

輪郭

凱歌、沈黙が眠る頃

DOZING GREEN

THE FINAL 2013

流転の塔 <- this song not making the tracklist is a crime

I refuse to believe that anyone voted for utafumi, OBSCURE 2011, or Sustain the untruth.

24 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Utafumi was included because it's their most recent single. Like a book-end, together with JEALOUS.

I'll was included, not Jealous 

Some days have passed by, and I still wonder why people jamming to new THE IIID pretend that the climax/bridge part in the middle is not awkward at all...

I am seconding the comment on taking a break from severely dense production: why there's no raw, live MTV Unplugged-like release from these guys? 

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Knew it :D Don't have the song list available atm. It's surprising, though. Should've been JEALOUS. First and latest release.

I think they were TRYING to sort of group things together on each disc, so Jealous probably wouldn’t have fit on disc one since Akuro no Oka, Taiyou no Ao, and ain’t afraid to die are already on there. 

14 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I think they were TRYING to sort of group things together on each disc, so Jealous probably wouldn’t have fit on disc one since Akuro no Oka, Taiyou no Ao, and ain’t afraid to die are already on there. 

That's why you need a 4th disc with nothing but Jealous on it

19 hours ago, Saishu said:

I’m still waiting for my damn copy to arrive! I ordered CDJapan and went with airmail, so I know that takes longer. There’s no tracking either, so I’m just sitting here wondering and waiting. 

I chose EMS through CDJapan and also haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping they forgot to provide tracking information and the package is bound to magically arrive any moment now.

18 minutes ago, geist said:

I chose EMS through CDJapan and also haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping they forgot to provide tracking information and the package is bound to magically arrive any moment now.

You need to contact them honestly since this is not normal.

28 minutes ago, LIDL said:

You need to contact them honestly since this is not normal.

I definitely will, for some reason I constantly have issues with CDJapan. My most recent purchase was a song book and a set of Uruha signature ESP-brand guitar picks (they were $3.50, I couldn't say no!) that I ordered back in October, and only the book arrived.

THE IIID EMPIRE (original) guitar intro doesn't sound on phones.

Why is that?

6 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Something to do with phasing, perhaps? Check that your headphones are stereo.

No no, my mistake, I didn't explained it right

It doesn't sound on cellphones when played without earphones, it's the other way, on the phone's speaker

(damn my english is rusty)

edit: I tried on different phones and just the noises from the intro are there. Maybe the guitar part was recorded in mono (?)

Edited by Asakusa