Spike760

Dir en grey

Guess we may never find out whether the next album will remain as heavy or become heavier than ARCHE or not.

Utafumi might be as well an ARCHE leftover so we need another single ASAP.

Enough with these remakes.

Edited by Alroy

1 hour ago, Mamo said:

Do they have any other unreleased remakes? Other than symphonic and unplugged/acoustic versions.

None that I'd know of. Some songs have a live arrangement version (like the Cage version on youtube), though.

24 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

As long as there's a balance between heavy songs and ballads, and they stop using drop tuning for everything, I'll be happy. 

A good mix would be beneficial as well, and hopefully they’ve learned something from the remastering on Vestige. Arche’s major problem was that even the ballads sounded heavy because of the production style. I really think songs like Tousei, Kaishun, and Kukoku no Kyouon would have been a lot more effective had there been any dynamics there. 

Putting Die’s “flicka flicka” guitar up front in the DSS version of Hageshisa was ace. Everything else was ass. 

And I hate that the album version of Lotus doesn’t end with the heavy THUMP of the floor tom. 

1 hour ago, blacktooth said:

As long as there's a balance between heavy songs and ballads, and they stop using drop tuning for everything, I'll be happy. 

Keep in mind the material also needs to be practical to play live. There is nothing worse than having to switch instruments after every song due to having material that ranges wildly in tuning. Though, they have roadies, so I guess it could be worse. 

The beauty of playing 7 strings is they don’t NEED to downtune or constantly switch guitars, but they do both anyway. All of their VULGAR material could be played on their 7 strings because of the tuning they use (ADADGBe), but I believe they stick to their six strings for those that they haven’t re-made. 

29 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Die uses three guitars just to play Macabre. He don’t give no fucks. 

1. Acoustic

2. Two Electrics??????

Does he really switch electric guitars midway through Macabre? I imagine he needs his baritone (or 7 string) guitar for the latter half; but that's what I mean: he only needs two (acoustic, 7 string), but at that point it could just be a comfort issue. Sometimes musicians will make things more difficult for themselves simply because they're more comfortable that way.

Edited by geist

48 minutes ago, geist said:

1. Acoustic

2. Two Electrics??????

Does he really switch electric guitars midway through Macabre? 

Yes, but they're already set up for him of course.  It's cool but actually not that hard.

Edited by Mamo

I’m still waiting for my damn copy to arrive! I ordered CDJapan and went with airmail, so I know that takes longer. There’s no tracking either, so I’m just sitting here wondering and waiting. 

2 hours ago, Mamo said:

Yes, but they're already set up for him of course.  It's cool but actually not that hard.

Man, I need to get a set-up like that. Wtf

Didn't they promise to revert back to the usage of standard tuning (6-string) at some point too? 

At least that is what I remember Die saying on DSS pivoting from their usual drop C# to A-string drop D and standard 7-string D#. 

But that would be as likely as to quote fellow a few posts above me about Diru being Opeth and opting better practices in mixing, mastering, AND probably deciding to stop doing metal for a change.

NOT saying that opting standard is "less" metal but for these guys it might be the case.

Edited by Alroy

6 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Wait a minute...I've only just realised that GRIEF is missing. What the flip?! 

Theres a bunch of songs I would’ve liked remastered for this collection. How did they forget like basically all of the songs on six Ugly (instead of shitbrella), Zomboid, Mazohyst, Mask, Hydra (original), kr Cube, Karasu (original), even fucking BERRY. 

Macabre is grossly underrepresented on this thing. I know ain’t afraid to die is basically a Macabre track, but having that and Taiyou no Ao (one after the other at that) is ballad overkill. 

8 hours ago, Furik said:

Theres a bunch of songs I would’ve liked remastered for this collection. How did they forget like basically all of the songs on six Ugly (instead of shitbrella), Zomboid, Mazohyst, Mask, Hydra (original), kr Cube, Karasu (original), even fucking BERRY. 

Tell me about it. The fact that they missed all of those but heavily represented the shittier remakes is beyond me. Unless the Obscure remake is there to highlight a low point in the band's career? We are trawling through their history after all :)

8 hours ago, Saishu said:

Macabre is grossly underrepresented on this thing. I know ain’t afraid to die is basically a Macabre track, but having that and Taiyou no Ao (one after the other at that) is ballad overkill. 

Skipping Macabre (the song) when you have 3 discs worth of space is a sin. 

I hate to remind y'all but fans voted for everything but the remakes so technically that's all DEG themselves can be blamed for.

I know this had been touched on previously but what's new exactly with this album? I'm just trying to get some sort of comprehensive list so I can condense everything onto one disc for ease XD 

-Vulgar tracks, WTD tracks, and Umbrella seem to be remastered. How about everything else? 

-Non-album songs seem to be the single versions if I'm not mistaken? (I've never listened to Clever Sleazoid in this form but it's tasty!)

-Disc 3 can pretty much be deleted immediately as it is made up of remakes and recent tracks. 

9 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

I know this had been touched on previously but what's new exactly with this album? I'm just trying to get some sort of comprehensive list so I can condense everything onto one disc for ease XD 

-Vulgar tracks, WTD tracks, and Umbrella seem to be remastered. How about everything else? 

-Non-album songs seem to be the single versions if I'm not mistaken? (I've never listened to Clever Sleazoid in this form but it's tasty!)

-Disc 3 can pretty much be deleted immediately as it is made up of remakes and recent tracks. 

Just keep the 1st two disks and the last track from the third and all your bases should be covered just in case.

If you guys could do over the first 7 songs of disc 3, what would you pick? I'd go for

Remastered album versions of

-Zakuro

-Macabre

-Mr Newsman 

-Obscure

-Grief

-Dreambox

And that amazing version of Mazohyst above! 

14 minutes ago, Mamo said:

Just keep the 1st two disks and the last track from the third and all your bases should be covered just in case.

Thanking you :)

8 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

Which version of Clever Sleazoid is on here? (Which version do you like better?)

This album has the single version. I think I like them both as two separate entities, like Embryo :)