Spike760

Dir en grey

39 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

wait a minute

the leaks we got from VOS are the three songs that are on each of the CDs, right?

then what about the videos on the DVD? are those the same songs, just with a video?

afaik, they decided against the one-takes, right? so they're PVs?

As far as I’m aware, the PVs are for the new versions of the songs. 

I wonder whether these rerecordings are legit one-takes with some post-processing instead.

There is no other way since they let those off-key falsettos pass on THE IIID EMPIRE...

It doesn’t matter how they were recorded, they let those vocals remain as is and that’s a problem. 

Fuck, listening to it again, Kaoru’s guitar sounds off in that part too. This shit was intentional!

Edited by Saishu

Yeah, idk, definitely conflicted on these re-recordings -- and by the fact these "shot in one take" cuts on the DVD apparently won't be "shot in one take" afterall. Since Sustain The Untruth, the band has been making a conscious effort to get things to a point where their material feels more comfortable to perform live, but that's difficult when Kyo insists on doing weird shit like in IIID Empire.

All this really does is make me more anxious for new material.

4 hours ago, Saishu said:

They handle Utafumi live better than a majority of the DSS material. 

I'm not sure if that's saying much, because at times some of the DSS material was a disaster live. I remember when they first started touring DSS material and Different Sense was a mess with a botched Kaoru solo to go with it. At least that part seemed to have been ironed out over the course of touring, but yeesh.

Edited by geist

2 hours ago, geist said:

I'm not sure if that's saying much, because at times some of the DSS material was a disaster live. I remember when they first started touring DSS material and Different Sense was a mess with a botched Kaoru solo to go with it. At least that part seemed to have been ironed out over the course of touring, but yeesh.

They did not write DSS songs with live performances in their minds though, no? If we were to believe in 2010 being their most asocial songwriting phase ever.

Edited by Alroy

That’s exactly the problem. They sat in the studio writing parts and sending them to each other via email and whatnot. I don’t think they actually rehearsed the material as a band until it came time to tour, and by then it was too late. It was just, “oh shit we overdid it and we can’t recreate this sound live.”

I have a question

Why does everyone praises The Rose Trims Again? It's their most selling dvd in Japan too... I mean is not bad but there are a lot better concerts imo even kyo's voice tends to go to hell (in a bad way) in this one

*I have to say the unplugged ver. of ASoM is godlike in TRTA though

(excuse my english)

That's funny because I've always remembered Rose Trims being praised as one of the best examples of Kyo's live voice. I think it's partially Uroboros nostalgia and partially because that was Kyo sounded relatively best for the era. It has some fantastic standout performances, but it really doesn't stack up against something like Blitz 5Days.

Maybe it's all the candles on stage.

Dozing Green's release was closer to MOAB than Uroboros. Sitar aside, I've always felt it was more a maturation of the MOAB sound than what was to become the Uroboros sound.

I remember the it withers and withers dvd to be the one with the worst singing by kyo

11 minutes ago, suji said:

where's that dvd that has footage of kyo and gara together? uuuuuuuugh........

omg what? I need it

11 minutes ago, Asakusa said:

omg what? I need it

I remember seeing the gifset on tumblr...I think it was from one of those "mode of" DVDs, but the link is dead :/

Now that Vestige of Scratches was released/leaked, I am gonna need deg to hurry up and release TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of MACABRE] dvd

29 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

Dozing Green's release was closer to MOAB than Uroboros. Sitar aside, I've always felt it was more a maturation of the MOAB sound than what was to become the Uroboros sound.

I guess that makes sense, but it wasn’t that far away from Uroboros either. 

34 minutes ago, Asakusa said:

I remember the it withers and withers dvd to be the one with the worst singing by kyo

It is. This was when he had the least control and would run out of breath and couldn’t sing a complete line of lyrics. 

47 minutes ago, Saishu said:

It is. This was when he had the least control and would run out of breath and couldn’t sing a complete line of lyrics. 

Uggh yeah, the clever sleazoid single comes to my mind. The live songs on it are just plain awful (kyo's "singing" at least)

Edited by Asakusa