Spike760

Dir en grey

The remastering on the old tracks all sound kinda tacky. The rerecorded versions of THE IIID EMPIRE, Beautiful dirt, and Fukai are unnecessary and they sound completely lifeless.

Edited by EzraEroguro
Mis-Spelling.

I’m so sick of the Dir en grey “wall of noise”. I wish they would take notes from Opeth and go analog so I can actually HEAR WHAT EVERYONE IS PLAYING!

like seriously what do mixers do these days? Slide all the knobs to the same level and leave for the day? Where’s the tone? Where are the textures? It’s all so flat and sterile. 

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

Why the bloody fuck is Beautiful Dirt on a best of album? Is it a crowd favorite I’m not aware of?

Deg probably know it's a bad song, and thought that they might make it into a listenable one by re-recording it. That's why they included it 

Edited by Ozileras10

16 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

What's with this trailer? XD

gvbwT7B.gif

12 minutes ago, Ozileras10 said:

They probably know it's a bad song, and thought that they might make it into a listenable one by re-recording it. 

I love how WTD lands a rolling stone japan top-100 rock albums feature, but u step into a Dir en grey thread and suddenly the Koons is western fan opinions

Edited by nekkichi

10 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

gvbwT7B.gif

I love how WTD lands a [url=http://neojaponisme.com/2007/11/09/100-greatest-japanese-rock-albums/]rolling stone japan top-100 rock albums[/url] feature, but u step into a Dir en grey thread and suddenly the Koons is western fan opinions

I mean WTD is an amazing album, one of my Favorites from them. Beautiful Dirt is the only song that I really dislike from it

hol up, did they use the fucking Unraveling version of The Final in that trailer instead of the 'classic' version?

rip in piss boys.......

TMOAB is so underrated. I loved the visceral and violent production and there were a lot of killer riffs on a good deal of songs like Grief, Disabled Complexes, Rotting Root, and Repetition of Hatred. It's nothing special, but I don't think it's as bad as people discredit it. And I don't care what anyone says, Agitated Screams of Maggots is a jam. 

On 26/12/2017 at 7:32 AM, Seelentau said:

Interesting that you like sukekiyo's first album, but not TMOAB. I think the general opinion on here (or was it on last.fm?) is that IMMORTALIS is pretty bad, production-wise. I can't see it myself, though.

I like it but I can aknowledge its flaws, I do admit the album starts to fall apart as it enters the second half. I still enjoy a few of the latter songs in it, however.

Is it weird to like one and dislike the other? They don't sound very similar to me.

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

The "unplugged" version of ASoM is pretty nice, especially live. I still wonder how they pulled it off...

1. Piano recorded by some random guy, probably

2. Incoherent screams

1 hour ago, geist said:

1. Piano recorded by some random guy, probably

2. Incoherent screams

Incoherent? Na. The lyrics are the same as the normal song.

And I'm not sure about the piano. Kyo said that the recording process was special, in some way.

9 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

I mean WTD is an amazing album, one of my Favorites from them. Beautiful Dirt is the only song that I really dislike from it

My seemingly completely unpopular opinion is that Beautiful Dirt is cool. I wouldn't ever say WTD is in my top DEG albums, but I think it's decent. Then again, I'm one of those heathens who puts Kisou dead last :P (although Filth is one of my all time faves). 

47 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

My seemingly completely unpopular opinion is that Beautiful Dirt is cool. I wouldn't ever say WTD is in my top DEG albums, but I think it's decent. Then again, I'm one of those heathens who puts Kisou dead last :P (although Filth is one of my all time faves). 

That indeed is an odd opinion, even more so because as far as I know people tend to ignore FILTH or find it to be about average for a DeG song.

I do not mind Beautiful Dirt but WTD has way better songs that are more deserving of a re-recording.

How come you place Kisou dead last, though?

Edited by AverageS

There was a period of time where I considered Kisou the holy grail of DEG recordings, but then one day it came across as too bloated. And as much as I criticize DEG’s production in recent albums, Kisou might be the absolute worst. Listening to it feels like chewing on tin foil. Songs like Zomboid and Pink Killer are such are garbled mess of static it’s hard to believe the guitars are actually playing notes. 

37 minutes ago, Saishu said:

There was a period of time where I considered Kisou the holy grail of DEG recordings, but then one day it came across as too bloated. And as much as I criticize DEG’s production in recent albums, Kisou might be the absolute worst. Listening to it feels like chewing on tin foil. Songs like Zomboid and Pink Killer are such are garbled mess of static it’s hard to believe the guitars are actually playing notes. 

Heavens, production alone dragged it down that much? The rest of the album still has its merits... for the whole decade I've been listening to this band it still stands among my favorites, but I can understand your criticism.

It’s a tough listen these days, yeah. It’s got some of my favorite DEG songs on there, but I rarely listen to it in its entirety anymore.  As far as “classic” DEG goes, Macabre is the winner for me. 

13 minutes ago, Saishu said:

It’s a tough listen these days, yeah. It’s got some of my favorite DEG songs on there, but I rarely listen to it in its entirety anymore.  As far as “classic” DEG goes, Macabre is the winner for me. 

With that I agree, Macabre is still a great listen and stands proudly among their best works.

I love Ain't afraid to die I so wish they would remake that one as it never appeared  remastered on any other album. A new version with a sound similar to that of kaishun would be fucking brilliant. I think Ain't afraid to die is their most lovely and beautiful song. It makes me cry to hear it sometimes. And I think it's so underrated and overlooked by most deg fans. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Mamo