Spike760

Dir en grey

I really like the tweaked chorus in the new The Final recording but otherwise I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other. I like the original, and I like the re-recording, but I don't understand why you'd want to re-record something so recent, especially when it's one of your most popular songs.

1 hour ago, StriderSubzero said:

I like the original, and I like the re-recording, but I don't understand why you'd want to re-record something so recent, especially when it's one of your most popular songs.

Also, Obscure.
Except I hate the re-record and the fact that it replaced the original for lives.

Edited by ghost

1 hour ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Undecided, though.

Also Bottom of the death valley is way better in the re-recording, imo.

You're right, I love both of these re-recordings, especially undecided. 

Idk how i forgot about them.

42 minutes ago, Ozileras10 said:

You're right, I love both of these re-recordings, especially undecided. 

Idk how i forgot about them.

Oh yeah I forgot about the glass skin version

Edited by Mamo

13 hours ago, Saishu said:

Re-recording of Unknown Despair Lost pisses me off. 

Disagree. The original, while good, was just a shameless rip-off of another band's song. The remake makes the song a Dir en grey song.

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

Even then it would be completely overkill. I haven't paid 40€ for the limited version. I have never seen any release by any band for a price as high as that, tbh.

I've seen a copy of girugamesh - now on Amazon for a literal million USD. I actually messaged the seller asking why it's so expensive and they never answered back xD

I think a lot of these eBay and Amazon Marketplace sellers just throw these ridiculous prices on their items and hope some sucker will fall for it. There’s always a possibility that someone just doesn’t know any better. 

It just hit me that there will eventually be a Dir en grey tribute album, so naturally my brain started rattling with what artists would be on it. We’ve already heard Merry cover Schwein no Isu, R-Shitei did Yurameki, and Mejibray did Cage. 

It’s an exciting prospect, but also worrying, because I expect a ton of newer DEG derivatives to do little with whatever material they choose. What I want is for Sukekiyo and Decays to make appearances, and then DEG themselves do a self cover of Garden and just mash it to a pulp. 

24 minutes ago, Saishu said:

It just hit me that there will eventually be a Dir en grey tribute album, so naturally my brain started rattling with what artists would be on it. We’ve already heard Merry cover Schwein no Isu, R-Shitei did Yurameki, and Mejibray did Cage. 

It’s an exciting prospect, but also worrying, because I expect a ton of newer DEG derivatives to do little with whatever material they choose. What I want is for Sukekiyo and Decays to make appearances, and then DEG themselves do a self cover of Garden and just mash it to a pulp. 

To be honest, I would prefer tribute album over best album...

43 minutes ago, Saishu said:

holding my hopes up for a SERAPH cover of Agitated Screams of Maggots

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

The most disturbing part about this is the fact that I could see Dir en grey actually letting BatAAr feature on the tribute lmao

I am not sure if they’re friends or not, since tribute album in this scene seems to be betwen friends, but it’d be nice to have DEG songs reimagined in many different kinds of sounds. Say, by Maximum The Hormone, Mana, Versailles, Kaya, Alice 9, Mondo Grosso, Ore Ska Band, and so on