Spike760

Dir en grey

I voted for MACABRE, cause that album has the best melodramatic aesthetics. Myaku, Riyuu, egnirys, Hotarubi, Berry, and Zakuro are, in my eyes, probably some of the most incredible pieces they've ever written. And of course there's the title jam it's self...it's just an incredible album.

I'm surprised to see DSS and Arche so high, relatively speaking. UROBOROS is the clear favorite, and rightfully so; but I would have thought remnants of the old fanbase that despise Dir en grey's latest efforts surely would have sunk their teeth into Vulgar or Kisou and pushed those to the top spots.

Perhaps -- though based on a small sample size -- love for Dir en grey's newer releases is far more prominent than I previously thought it would.

tbh the list should go something like:

Uroboros

Macabre

Vulgar

Dum Spiro Spero

Marrow of a Bone

Gauze

Kisou

Withering to Death

Arche

Arche is the only album (besides Unraveling) that is genuinely difficult for me to finish. The only way I can describe it is "underwhelming". Kyo goes through the motions, gives us a bunch of material he can't even remotely replicate live, and a rough patch near the end of the album (Chain Repulsion - 空谷の跫音) that kills me of boredom worse than the entire junk planet sequence in Transformers The Movie (1986).

It's a shame because the rest of their discog I find rather good to excellent; but Arche is the odd man out for me.

Edited by geist

Yoo, some guy is selling his entire collection on Yahoo Auction and there are some sick rarities among them:

GAUZE LP for 10k Yen (<100$/€) - https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/RV=1/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly9wYWdlLmF1Y3Rpb25zLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpwL2pwL2F1Y3Rpb24vYzYzNzk3MjE2Ng--;_ylt=A7dPDiRkiiFa4zMAfFahGzx8

(Of course this only pops up AFTER I paid 300€ for a opy of this LP, wtf man -.-)

Myaku LP for 5k Yen - https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/RV=1/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly9wYWdlLmF1Y3Rpb25zLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpwL2pwL2F1Y3Rpb24vcTE4NTE3MDMyMQ--;_ylt=A7dPDiRkiiFa4zMAdVahGzx8

Amakuchi, DEG in Taiwan for 10k Yen (ultra rare) - https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/RV=1/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly9wYWdlLmF1Y3Rpb25zLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpwL2pwL2F1Y3Rpb24vZjI0NDkwMzQzNw--;_ylt=A7dPDiRkiiFa4zMAaFahGzx8

Edited by Seelentau

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

Yoo, some guy is selling his entire collection on Yahoo Auction and there are some sick rarities among them:

GAUZE LP for 10k Yen (<100$/€) - https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/RV=1/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly9wYWdlLmF1Y3Rpb25zLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpwL2pwL2F1Y3Rpb24vYzYzNzk3MjE2Ng--;_ylt=A7dPDiRkiiFa4zMAfFahGzx8

(Of course this only pops up AFTER I paid 300€ for a opy of this LP, wtf man -.-)

300Euros is still a good price though (relatively). I think the last auction went up to 700, and no doubt this will be similar. If it was buy it now, I'd buy that in a heartbeat though. Thanks for posting!

Well the auction is one day only. I doubt it will even go higher than my copy.

I'd buy the other stuff in a heartbeat as well, especially since I know the person who's selling them. Apparently, they have suddenly stopped being interested in DEG, I have no idea why, though. They were the one who had the DEG wiki on sesaa wiki (if anyone here happens to know what that is^^) and they also had a huge tereko collection... but I can't contact them anymore to ask for the tereko .__.

@SeelentauActually, yeah I think you're right. I saw another auction starting at 60,000 and no bites. Haha, you must be the biggest DEG fan I know. Never met anyone as dedicated to collecting as you.

Super tempted to bid on GAUZE (the $100 one of course), but FJ requires full deposit of maximum bid, and yes I'll get it all back if I lose the auction, but it still feels like a huge commitment that I don't really want to make...

Ugh, I wish I could just bid without any bullshit shopping service

Also, if the guy selling GAUZE for $100 had a buy-it-now for $200, I would have snatched it already!

12 minutes ago, ghost said:

@SeelentauActually, yeah I think you're right. I saw another auction starting at 60,000 and no bites. Haha, you must be the biggest DEG fan I know. Never met anyone as dedicated to collecting as you.

Well I'm a hikikomori anyway, I don't spend my money on clubs, drugs or anything like that. So aside of normal living costs, I usually have enough money to buy these things. But the recent GAUZE purchase has blown a large hole in my savings, otherwise, I'd already bid on the LPs etc.

Aside of that, I just really love DEG, especially the early days^^

9 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

Super tempted to bid on GAUZE (the $100 one of course), but FJ requires full deposit of maximum bid, and yes I'll get it all back if I lose the auction, but it still feels like a huge commitment that I don't really want to make...

Ugh, I wish I could just bid without any bullshit shopping service

I wish you'd buy it, just to know that it's in save hands. :D

Or maybe the other VHS tapes I linked? They've content that has yet to be released to the fans, I think.

27 minutes ago, ghost said:

@SeelentauEarly Deg is the best! BTW, have you listened to those Gauze records yet? I'm so curious about sound.

Na, it's still on its way, should arrive in a week. But I can't play them anyway, I don't have an LP player lol

I'm really more of a collector, I plan on buying some kind of wall case to put them in, when I have an actual place to stay for longer than some years.

GAUZE LP was sold for 16500 Yen, Myaku LP for 20000 Yen. Meh. I was outbid everywhere, too.

Stupid thing is, I told this guy that if he ever should sell his collection, he should ask me first... -.-

5 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Stupid thing is, I told this guy that if he ever should sell his collection, he should ask me first... -.-

Stupid thing is, this guy should have just put a ¥20,000 buy-it-now price on GAUZE and I would have surely bought it

Yeah, I don't understand the whole scenario anyway. He was the one who gave me a lot of information, terekos etc.

And then suddenly, a couple of days ago, he deleted his Twitter account, the seesa DEG wiki and sold all his rarities on Yahoo Auction.

I've tried to reach him to get the terekos if he doesn't need them anymore, but he won't reply ._.

At least I managed to snatch some promo tapes (now I have the Yurameki tape 3x and Akuro no Oka 2x), better than nothing, I guess.

Still, I'm going to miss him, he was the most knowledgable DEG fan I've ever met.

Edited by Seelentau

On 11/3/2017 at 8:21 AM, hotcocoa said:

Kyo has (...) The Zemeckises

What even is this? It looks like he just drew a few Tim Burton-esque characters and made a website with merch on it featuring the characters? 

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

Does someone here have a JEALOUS single with a barcode that ends in 35? I need some information for Discogs, but I have the re-release only :/

Nope!  44 here. 

9 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Nope!  44 here. 

Yup, that's the rerelease. There are two initial releases (I think), but I don't have a lot of info on those. I'm not even sure if they were both released in 98. ._.

Same for MISSA - 97, 99 and 01 releases exist, but I'm not 100% sure if the 99 version is really from that year.

Edited by Seelentau

"Today (December 4) DIR EN GREY had a meeting. We all discussed plans for the next year. Now I'm agitated. We are waiting for new performances and tours. And we have to finish our tenth album." - Die on his mobile site.

That's awesome but I can see why he's stressed DEG and friends stay busy with all of those projects.