Spike760

Dir en grey

Really? I find WtD to be a lot of fun. Probably in the middle of the road for me. My least favorite Diru album would be either Kisou (probably an unpopular opinion) or Marrow of the Bone (maybe more popular?).

I think WtD is pretty boring. Marrow is a mess, but what do you expect when they wrote it while touring America with a bunch of middle-aged edgelords?

kisou is cool, just unfortunate that the bad mixing sounds like the feeling of chewing a wad of tin foil. 

For me, Kisou tries to be more aggressive/nu-metal, but it didn't quite make it there. So it's like in a weird middle ground, and I find the compositions there to be a lot simpler than the previous two albums.  Still, it has some great tracks like 'Mushi' or 'Embryo.' I do actually like the nu-metal/j-rock thing Dir en grey had going on with Vulgar and WtD so both of those albums I find entertaining. Even simple stuff like 'Garbage' (insert the obvious joke here) is fun just for Kyo's silly vocals.

Arche is definitely my favorite Diru album though. That one strikes a perfect balance between their latter-era heaviness, lighter ballad side, and their progressive tendencies. Yeah, I'll grant you that 'The Inferno' is kinda lame, but the rest I love.

Edited by Dudemanguy

It's gotta be Macabre for me. It's dear to my heart for being the first ever Japanese CD I ever bought and I just loved everything about that era from their look to their stage antics. This and ain't afraid to die are my top. Not to mention, the PV for AATD looks like dreams I used to have as a kid so it has a eerie sentimentality to me.

15 hours ago, Dudemanguy said:

'The Inferno' is kinda lame

Can someone explain why this is the popular opinion? I don't get it.

But then, I also like other songs that are universally jeered at like PINK KILLER and Beautiful Dirt.

Saw this on reddit 

my guess why wtd is getting so many votes is because it was their first release over here in the states and came out around the time Kroc saw its rise in popularity 

11 minutes ago, Hakari said:

Saw this on reddit 

my guess why wtd is getting so many votes is because it was their first release over here in the states and came out around the time Kroc saw its rise in popularity 

Also perhaps because THE FINAL is on it. Probably one of their most popular songs alongside OBSCURE.

I voted for Kisou. It was between that and UROBOROS remastered. Really tough decision as I like almost everything they've put out aside from MISSA (and even that's good). Very surprised that DUM SPIRO SPERO is the top-rated album; that would be bottom of the pack for me. DEG albums for me are like different kinds of chocolate. Sometimes 100% cocoa is just a little too much.

4 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Can someone explain why this is the popular opinion? I don't get it.

But then, I also like other songs that are universally jeered at like PINK KILLER and Beautiful Dirt.

Eh, it sounds too much like a DSS B-side to me. I never hated it, but it always just felt kinda "there." Both 'And Zero' and 'Tefu Tefu' are much better songs. I never understood why they put those two on the second disk.

Kyo's on stage antics during WtD era is not cute tho. Never like those fish hooking thing, it gets to me cos I have been self harmed myself before. Very triggered tbh. :(

On 2017/11/25 at 5:46 AM, Seelentau said:

I mean, they only have ten albums, so being in the top five is not that hard xD

In other news, I hope this is worth it.

E6cN1J0.jpg

Damn I hope it is too, bb! Not sure if congrats is the right word, but congrats lol

10 hours ago, saishuu said:

HEY Wtd. is good, stop this ):

jk, but I really like it tho. Merciless Cult, 孤独に死す、故に孤独。and Spilled Milk are some of my favorite album tracks from them. ):

Those are great tracks, but the album as a whole seems a bit undercooked to me, and a lot of the tracks just sort of blend together. Like when I saw they were going to re-record Beautiful Dirt for the best of album, it took me a while to remember what song it was, because in my head I was hearing Spilled Milk!

33 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Those are great tracks, but the album as a whole seems a bit undercooked to me, and a lot of the tracks just sort of blend together. Like when I saw they were going to re-record Beautiful Dirt for the best of album, it took me a while to remember what song it was, because in my head I was hearing Spilled Milk!

I actually understand what you mean and it makes sense to me that it feels a bit undercooked, it sorta feels like a lighter VULGAR in a way. I don't mind it tbh, but there's probably some nostalgia there as it was their first album I followed from the first singles until it came out.

Also Beautiful Dirt is garbage, so I don't blame you lol

Edited by saishuu

On Wtd I also like the final and dead tree a lot also this:

14 minutes ago, saishuu said:

it sorta feels like a lighter VULGAR in a way. 

4 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Marrow of the Bone is my fav. 

I wouldn't give a shit about DIR EN GREY if not for it

this this this

But also I kinda like all their albums, except for Wtd.