Spike760

Dir en grey

I think those are just tereko's (live recordings/bootlegs by fans)? I mean it's already something unofficial.

At least I found the two corresponding gigs on setlist.fm...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dir-en-grey/1997/rock-may-kan-tokyo-japan-53d7ffc9.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dir-en-grey/1997/cowboy-world-osaka-japan-5bd7ffc8.html

Yes, they are real and Cowboy World is a venue in Japan, but I'm not sure if the top one isn't a bootleg version of the real one, because of the faint colour and the white stripe... I mean it would suck, but since I only paid 2k yen, it's kinda okay. I just need to buy it again, then.

Here's the discogs entries:

https://www.discogs.com/Dir-en-grey-1997627-Cowboy-World/release/10824197

https://www.discogs.com/Dir-en-grey-1997614-目黒鹿鳴館/release/10824104

As you can see on the pictures, there's no white stripe on the Cowboy World version, so either I have a misprint or a fake. Or maybe mine was taken from the edge of a bigger paper with multiple covers, like how paper money is produced...? No idea, really...

Edited by Seelentau

So... Fukai, Beautiful Dirt and The IIID Empire for the best-of album re-recs. Thoughts? 

At least the new version of Beautiful Dirt can only be an improvement over the original, it's one of my least favorite WtD tracks (and maybe even one of my least favorite Diru tracks in general)

46 minutes ago, Tokage said:

the new version of Beautiful Dirt can only be an improvement over the original

lmao you know it's going be to the "hold my beer" kind of self-cover that will ruin anything good that was in that song.

I don't mind the original, it's not particularly memorable, but nothing on WtD ever got as awful as the persistent shit-fest they've descended into since TMOAB.

expecting a shit-ass take on fukai with a twenty minute long acapella howling intro, and the recreation of IIId empire will probably make their Japanese fans hand their stan cards back to a knot, but the resident neckbeards here will cream 'emselves at its newfound djenty progginess or w/e.

Edited by nekkichi

I think I called Fukai being one of the remakes. 

Why Beautiful Dirt?!

Well I guess it’s better they fuck with a mediocre song instead of mangle a good one. 

Uh...

DISC 1 : CD

01. -I’ll-

02. アクロの丘

03. ゆらめき

04. Cage

05. 予感

06. 脈

07. 理由

08. 太陽の碧

09. ain’t afraid to die

10. FILTH

11. 蟲-mushi-

12. 腐海

DISC 2 : CD

01. JESSICA

02. umbrella

03. audience KILLER LOOP

04. CHILD PREY

05. DRAIN AWAY

06. dead tree

07. 朔-saku-

08. C

09. 鼓動

10. DOZING GREEN

11. AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS

12. 艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み

13. CLEVER SLEAZOID

14. 我、闇とて・・・

15. VINUSHKA

16. THE ⅢD EMPIRE

DISC 3 : CD

01. 霧と繭

02. 残

03. 罪と規制

04. 羅刹国

05. かすみ

06. OBSCURE

07. THE FINAL

08. DIFFERENT SENSE

09. 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇

10. LOTUS

11. 蟪郭

12. Revelation of mankind

13. Sustain the untruth

14. Un deux

15. 詩踏み

16. Beautiful Dirt

lol at no Garden. 

Inclusion of Utafumi is also surprising. 

Also lol at using the censored version of the tsumi to batsu remake. 

11 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Also lol at using the censored version of the tsumi to batsu remake. 

idt it's surprising, if this CD gets distributed by sony they won't put the edgy pieces in (not that it really matters with that song)

I'm...surprised jessica ended up there, isn't it too upbeat for their current image of depressed-ass midlife crisis survivors?

but if you ditch agitated sharts of maggots and boring-ass BS like lotus it will smw resemble my itunes Deg playlist C:

Well, I'm now curious how many songs appear in both best albums.
Akuro no Oka, Cage, Yokan, Myaku, Wake, ain't afraid to die, Filth, mushi, Umbrella, Child Prey, audience killer loop, Drain Away, dead tree, Saku, C, Kodou, ASOM, Clever Sleazoid.
That's 18 songs, if we don't count re-recordings (Rasetsukoku, Kasumi, Obscure, The Final and new The IIID Empire). 
... It seems that only half of this best album is worth a damn.

Wouldn’t have put beautiful dirt and the IIID Empire on there (never really held much love for either of these songs.)

I kept thinking about how dir en grey have changed because someone mentioned here that the songs on Arche and dum spiro Spero all sound the same, and I sort of get where this is coming from. I like both albums, but I realised that I listen to them differently...I think dir en grey albums until then demanded a lot of attention from the listener and while listening, it was sometimes impossible to concentrate on anything else. But with Arche and dum Spiro Spero I feel like all of these songs emerge together into one. I like to listen to them on the train because I enjoy their whole atmosphere, but they don’t demand my whole attention. If that makes sense to any of you.

41 minutes ago, Saishu said:

The Decade releases were clearly just slapped together to meet some record label requirements. This at least seems like a proper package. 

They were actually recorded to help Dynamite Tommy in a lawsuit.

As for the re-recordings, I love 腐海, so I hope they don't butcher it. I could imagine them using the live lyrics for the new version, that would be rad.

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

I'm...surprised jessica ended up there, isn't it too upbeat for their current image of depressed-ass midlife crisis survivors?

You should really read the lyrics to JESSICA. :P

27 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

You should really read the lyrics to JESSICA. :P

I don't think I care to at this point…? I probably did like twelve years ago. their current sound and ~ambience~ is literally nothing like that song.

32 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

They were actually recorded to help Dynamite Tommy in a lawsuit.

deets???

I get that it's a single and all that shit & so it's to be expected you'll see it pop up on a best-of album, but it's still kinda lame to see sustain the untruth on a greatest hits album when Arche definitely had WAY better songs on it lmao

I still don't get how their anniversary compilations connect to his lawsuit...

did charitable clairvoyant queens invent timetraveling into the past to coincide their formation with the exact year of papaw potentially getting jailed for his scammery ten yrs later?..

So, like, DEG (or someone at Free-Will) slapped together some half assed compilations to make money to help support Dynamite Tommy’s fraudulent ass? 

Yup, to pay for the lawyer costs and what not.

Also, there's a VULGAR LP out there somewhere. I've never seen it before, but you could win a copy in a lottery. Catch is, only ten copies exist. Forget the 100 copies of the GAUZE LP, this is the new holy grail of DEG.

I wonder why this was never discussed before than, especially since Deg always had a p. active bi-lingual fanbase, it would've made news back in 2007 p. swift tbh

also considering penicillin, for example, released around 5 different CDs  for their XXth anniversary, assuming that noncomformist uncommercial queens diru did that release for papaw's benefit is kinda odd

cute fact about LP no one here will ever have a chance to see!

Edited by nekkichi