Spike760

Dir en grey

Well that was really only due to Kyo's terrible performances in 2006 - 2007. When they played FVT, Rock Im Ring, ROCK am park, wacken open air, kyos voice was destroyed because he thought "hey if I just scream randomly it'll be brutal". It takes time for the vocal cords to be able to handle screaming, thus that period where he sucked, his body was repairing itself.

Lately their performances at places such as Sonisphere, Metaltown, and others has proven to be good for the band, but then again they're in a transition phase with creating better material which is going to take some time (their stuff from MOAB is only ok and doesn't really attract new audiences) to release.

Now that Kyo's screaming is phenomenal (went from whispering gutturals like on UROBOROS to legitimate screaming gutturals which are borderline pig squeals), and his clean vocals have gone through a ton of improvement, the band is ready to start getting themselves back out there. I predict more co-headline tours in the future to further emphasize that, and even possibly more popular festivals to attract bigger crowds. At pretty much every tour they've done recently in support of a band (Apocalyptica, MSI on the kerrang tour, etc) has resulted in nothing but good, so they have what it takes to attract more people, but the method of doing such and the condition of Kyo has yielded mixed results. And by method of doing such, I mean they go on too many headline tours and don't attract any new fans. If their target is to get more fans, they're not doing it right.

Oh mister I am totally confused now.

Plus, now that I've read my previous comments, I see that I totally lost my (first) point, and that is : I didn't like that Chianti's video. I didn't like it at all.

Also :

What the hell are you guys talking about? That's the first time EVER that Kyo actually sounded good on a live video. That's the kind of music Kyo should do. He doesn't fit Dir en grey at all. Uroboros would be infinity times better with someone else.

What in the world are you on about?

Kyo only "sounded bad" on the collab performance because he had about a day to rehearse / practice. And since Kyo hates rehearsing, it didn't help. People loved it though, that's for sure.

Here's their setlist from the a knot only show last night.

OBSCURE -NEW VER-

audience KILLER LOOP

Mr.NEWSMAN

GRIEF

AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS

ROOTING ROOT

BUGABOO

INWARD SCREAM

凌辱??雨 (ryojoku)

艶?????安????躊躇????微笑?? (namamekashiki)

dead tree

DOZING GREEN

INWARD SCREAM

Merciless cult

冷血??り???? (reiketsu)

VINUSHKA

激????????????胸??中??絡??付??????熱??闇 (hageshisa)

??海 (fukai)

Unknown...despair...a lost

STUCK MAN

C

凱歌??沈黙??眠る頃 (gaika)

残 (zan)

when i first saw this set list i thought it was one of their best. It could have done without mr newsman though...

Oh wow, Dead Tree and Unknown...despair...a lost !

Also, Obscure -new version- ? What does that sound like ? o.o

Oh wow, Dead Tree and Unknown...despair...a lost !

Also, Obscure -new version- ? What does that sound like ? o.o

If there's any indication, it probably sounds like this:

instead of drop D tuning, tuned down to drop C# to make it sound heavier, and then make it more heavy by throwing in some more chugging riffs and sort of sounding like the version on WTPINOL

^ I thought OBSCURE was Drop A...

That would be awesome if it was lol. Sadly it isn't, this is pretty much what the band has used from beginning to current:

from missa to Kisou -- Standard tuning

six ugly to vulgar -- drop D

W2D to UROBOROS -- Drop C#

Hageshisa to and onwards(?) -- C# with the 6th string tuned down to A# (or Bb. same thing).

The band has detuned most of the old material that they've been playing lately, and Obscure and shokubeni are two of those.

correction: it seems like obscure is in A. the rest of vulgar is in D.

another correction: in obscure Kaoru uses a seven string in drop A, which is the only song he uses it, and Die is in drop D. So I was partially right.

Set list from their show on the 20th:

SA BIR

OBSCURE(NEW VER)

audience KILLER LOOP

Mr.NEWSMAN

RED SOIL

GRIEF

ROOTING ROOT

凌辱??雨 (ryoujoku)

艶???????安????躊躇ら????微笑??(namamekashiki)

dead tree

DOZING GREEN

激????????????胸??中??絡??付??????熱??闇 (hageshisa)

残 (zan)

VINUSHKA

ENCORE:

DRAIN AWAY

業 (karma/waza)

STUCK MAN

C

CLEVER SLEAZOID

凱歌??沈黙??眠る頃 (gaika)

just saw their fb announcing PV for Hageshisa SAW version upped onto their Youtube Channel.

I haven't watch it yet, Youtube is blocked in me office lol

so anyone that can check it out, could let us know if anything difference from original ver?

just saw their fb announcing PV for Hageshisa SAW version upped onto their Youtube Channel.

so anyone that can check it out, could let us know if anything difference from original ver?

Woooooah, just saw it. Woaaaaaaahhh diru, just woooaaaah *.*

Not sure which version I like better, rly *____*

Also, LP's Chester is in the movie ? xD

Woooooah, just saw it. Woaaaaaaahhh diru, just woooaaaah *.*

Not sure which version I like better, rly *____*

Also, LP's Chester is in the movie ? xD

finally saw it.

the cockroaches or whatever that insects are, still makes m e cringe. ew no.

and lol, i just know that Chester is in there too xD

awzum.

no. Not yet.

The last time we heard anything was when Kaoru said

that they're recording something, either it's an album or single,

we wouldn't know, yet.

Back in 2009 the band said their new album was going to be coming out in late 2010. And then recently, Kaoru said their new album will release sometime in the Summer of 2011. Due to the large gap between now and then, there might be another single being released soon.

An announcement for a single / album will be made after their tour. I can guarantee it.

Setlist from their 10/22 show:

SA BIR

OBSCURE -NEW VER.-

Merciless Cult

Mr.NEWSMAN

RED SOIL

STUCK MAN

GRIEF

INWARD SCREAM

凌辱??雨 (Ryoujoku no Ame)

愛????????敗????? (Itoshisa Ha Fuhai ni Tsuki)

dead tree

INWARD SCREAM

DOZING GREEN

激????????????胸??中??絡??付??????熱??闇 (Hageshisa To, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami)

残 (zan)

VINUSHKA

Encore:

??海 (Fukai)

業 (karma/waza)

冷血??り???? (Reiketsu Nariseba)

?朔-saku-

凱歌??沈黙??眠る頃 (Gaika, Chinmoku ga Nemuru Koro)

羅刹国 (Rasetsukoku)

i wish they could brought some kasumi, ryuu or such sometimes. Could that be happening outside a-knot or in general, Japanese tours?